How to receive a very heavy backspin serve

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
If it's short or long and you don't want to attack it, make sure you get underneath the ball and try to push it upwards over the net :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
The best return for me, is just using backspin again. So, Backspin replied with backspin again. Usually, the ball will fly over the net, but not too high. In this point, I try to give back the ball with more difficult spin to enemy.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Nice comments guys.

Heres my opinion (if your an attacking player)

1) When receiving serve, always think in your head the ball is coming long

2) In this case a backspin serve.

3) Now, hunt for the ball.. watch the ball, its speed and the contact the opponent put on the bat. If you feel its coming long your then ready to topspin it with your bh or fh.

4) Now, if the backspin serve comes short, your are ready to move into the table and push the ball short or push long. Have the angle of your bat turnt and push the ball.

Good luck, if you type in pingskills in youtube, there should be some videos on pushing and receiving serves :)

Good luck

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
i generally push heavy backspin unless i feel confident and go to attack it

Tom

This user has no status.

Tom

This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 7 reviews
Dan is right, the best thing to do is try to look for the longer serve and make a topspin, if you are struggling to lift the backspin then try to use your knees in the shots more and accelerate through the ball with your topspin. If it is a short backspin serve you basically have two options, a short touch or a long push. For a short touch you should step in towards the ball, stay low and softly use the backspin to drop the ball just over the net. For a long push you must do the same but follow through with your bat more and dont jerk your bat, try to maintain a smooth movement :)

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
just push it if you dont feel confident at attacking it and if you want to life it prepare well and you dont have to return it fast you could just spin it up and force a block

says Wangliqin Stop Spamming [IMG]
says Wangliqin Stop Spamming [IMG]
Oct 2010
short heavy backspin serve, keep blade close to horizontal and gently push upwards
long heavy backspin, which happens to be my favorite diagonal service, do the action above, but intercept it as it touchdown
otherwise it'll give the server response time advantage. You can try to do heavy loop to counter it, but its risky unless you are used to that speed of spin. Most of my opponents who tried to loop back end up eating the net.

so there, good luck lad