Suggestions or Opinions? :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Hi everyone, I'm new here, and been playing table tennis for almost 3 years, and I want to change my playstyle from allround to all+ or Off type... I just wanna ask you guys if on what blade should I start learning being an aggressive player... My choices are Stiga Clipper Wood and Stiga Infinity VPS V.. with a FH:DHS H3 national team rubber and BH:Xiom Vega Europe.. Tnx :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
If you are lacking on both speed or control, I would suggest you to train harder until u master either control or the speed. You can find many fast rubber but if you are lacking on the control u may find it difficult to master. Maybe u should get a good control rubber, and start developing ur power. Well that is my opinion, I would do so if I were u :):):)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

This user has no status.
Regarding the OPs original question on what blade to put his rubbers. Stiga Clipper and the Infinity VPS blades are good for that combination. Clipper is faster and stiffer I think than infinity. However, I haven't tried both. Maybe sir Carl can help here?

But regarding the question of being aggressive in play, I think it is mostly player-dependent. Ofc equipment will help you highlight your strengths. But being aggressive is skill dependent. One may use even all round equipment and still be aggressive. So my advice is to train and train. Your previous setup is already considered offensive.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
I was, thinking about that since I first got it. I noticed that there are black lines when I looked at the side of the blade and thought of that it is a carbon blade.. I researched about it and can't find a blog or a post saying that it is a carbon blade... still suspecting it as a carbon blade......

This user has no status.
I am not familiar with skitt. But if you prefer allwood, Stiga has some of the best wood blades. Also, they are cheap. If you want composite, you can try Butterfly and Donic. Andro also has some notable composite blades.

I advice training with your original setup first and be comfortable with the strokes and have established your strengths. Once you discern your playing style (defensive, allround, offensive) you can upgrade to a blade you should settle with for many years. It helps to have a good coach. And don't EJ too much if you seriously want to improve. Haha

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
hahah. no planning on being an EJ.. I'm planning of adding Donic waldner senso carbon to my blade choices.. but it concerns me if it would suit to a Chinese rubber Forehand... :)

I personally haven't tried that blade. But it has positive reviews so I guess it's good. :)
Some would say its better to hit with a blade first before buying it but I guess that depends on your area if many table tennis enthusiasts live there so that you can try their blades. Anyway, good luck with finding equipment.

This user has no status.
yep.. hehe :).. well tnx for your advices... I learned alot from you :)... I hope that Donic WSC would build a good combination with my H3 Blue sponge and Xiom Vega Eu. :)

No prob. :)
I haven't tried my H3 blue sponge yet. It seems we have the same setup for rubbers. I will change my backhand from baracuda to Xiom Vega Asia or Stiga Calibra LT Spin.BTW, how is vega europe? is it good for backhand?