DONIC WSC with Chinese rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
I used H3 commercial, provincial and bs. The BS was by far the best but didn't last too long because of broken pimples. The blade has tons of control and dwell with a nice crisp feel, so if you are going for spin its perfect. The speed is enough if you don't go too much far back from the table. Now i'm using it with the 3-50 and the combination is also good, perfect for spin and over the table play.

This user has no status.
hello, i play the Donic WSC also now, and really like the blade.
i have used the friendship 729-2 sensor on this blade and it plays ok , but only on the forehand imho
this friendship is better when boosted with paraffine oil
a better combination on this wood would be a regular Tibhar Genius imho

on the forehand the Donic Coppa Gold is also very powerfull , fast and spinny on this blade, only for attacking kind of play !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
hello, i play the Donic WSC also now, and really like the blade.
i have used the friendship 729-2 sensor on this blade and it plays ok , but only on the forehand imho
this friendship is better when boosted with paraffine oil
a better combination on this wood would be a regular Tibhar Genius imho

on the forehand the Donic Coppa Gold is also very powerfull , fast and spinny on this blade, only for attacking kind of play !

Ahh,, But is there chances that it would make a good combination with DHS H3 Blue sponge? :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 34 reviews
Chinese rubber is quite hard, it will work ok on the WSC depending on what kind of style you play. The WSC is a little less stiff than most carbons and has great control and feeling. The hollow handle gives it a bit more spring through the rubber. It's not an extremely fast carbon so it could work well with fast and hard chinese rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Chinese rubber is quite hard, it will work ok on the WSC depending on what kind of style you play. The WSC is a little less stiff than most carbons and has great control and feeling. The hollow handle gives it a bit more spring through the rubber. It's not an extremely fast carbon so it could work well with fast and hard chinese rubbers.

I am not yet familiar with donic WSC.... but.. in your words.. how would you give me a review about it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Ask Matt Hetherington , he is a WSC lover. IMO I would not though. Because WSC is a very delicate and light blade which works well with lighter european rubbers. I would say its for you to try and find out if it suits you. Every body have their personal style and its very difficult to tell without trying.

My personal experience , I put tenergy 05 on it and the blade broke after a few months , the head just snapped from the handle and I did not buy another WSC since :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
I think wsc is a very versatile blade. I use h3 on the forehand and it works well for me. My teammate uses tenergy 05 and it also works very well for him. Like ttmonster said it all comes down to your personal style. I'm always changing blades, looking for something faster, but i always come back to the wsc because of the feeling and control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Ask Matt Hetherington , he is a WSC lover. IMO I would not though. Because WSC is a very delicate and light blade which works well with lighter european rubbers. I would say its for you to try and find out if it suits you. Every body have their personal style and its very difficult to tell without trying.

My personal experience , I put tenergy 05 on it and the blade broke after a few months , the head just snapped from the handle and I did not buy another WSC since :)

Hmmm your Personal Experience with WSC is quite interesting.. hehe... but just in my curiosity why did the head snapped from the handle?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
I think wsc is a very versatile blade. I use h3 on the forehand and it works well for me. My teammate uses tenergy 05 and it also works very well for him. Like ttmonster said it all comes down to your personal style. I'm always changing blades, looking for something faster, but i always come back to the wsc because of the feeling and control.

My playing style is quite close to being an aggressive allround play...... do you think it would fit me?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
heavy? I thought the tenergy series are light? i think it was some kind of a faulty action

Tenergy is on the heavy side. Not as heavy as H3 but still it is heavier than most rubbers. Xiom rubbers are pretty heavy too.

Sometimes when you have a light blade like that that has good touch they break easily. That does happen.