News from Chuang Chih Yuan!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
After Chinese Taipei beat the South Koreans and reached the semi final, they received the first ever WTTTC Bronze medal in the countries history.

CCY, with team and coaches was invited to the head office of Hon-Hai by Chairman/Ceo Terry Guo (richest man in Taiwan with a net worth of USD 5 Billion).

Terry Guo has been supporting CCY and his table tennis academy (priviately built in 2008 and costing around USD 1million if I remember correctly).
After the best performance for Taiwan - Mens Doubles Gold at Paris WTTC 2013, Terry Guo sponsored USD 2 million to assist with CCY's academy.

But now, even better. Terry has annouced that he is going to build a newer and more improved table tennis centre for CCY to train the future generation. He also handed over about USD670 000 for doing so well.
Terry also stated that he has resources in China and will personally go and see how this new table tennis academy should be built. Including even brining in Chinese coaches to assist.

Terry also jokingly said that he still haven't beaten the Koreans (technology companies) and CCY has done it already. Terry wanted CCY to coach him how to beat the Koreans in table tennis.
CCY gave Terry the winning bat and uniform he wore (both autographed) from the Korean match.

Any ways, this is good news for the people of Taiwan.
And I am planning on taking a group to train at CCY academy end of this year.
I wonder if the new centre will be done by then :p

Now I just need to wait for CCY to finish up with all the media, so he can reply back to me lol

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
After Chinese Taipei beat the South Koreans and reached the semi final, they received the first ever World Championship Bronze medal in the countries history.

CCY, with team and coaches was invited to the head office of Hon-Hai by Chairman/Ceo Terry Guo (richest man in Taiwan with a net worth of USD 5 Billion).

Terry Guo has been supporting CCY and his table tennis academy (priviately built in 2008 and costing around USD 1million if I remember correctly).
After the best performance (4th place) at London 2012, Terry Guo sponsoredUSD 2 million to assist with CCY's academy.

But now, even better. Terry has annouced that he is going to build a newer and more improved table tennis centre for CCY to train the future generation. He also handed over about USD670 000 for doing so well.
Terry also stated that he has resources in China and will personally go and see how this new table tennis academy should be built. Including even brining in Chinese coaches to assist.

Terry also jokingly said that he still haven't beaten the Koreans (technology companies) and CCY has done it already. Terry wanted CCY to coach him how to beat the Koreans in table tennis.
CCY gave Terry the winning bat and uniform he wore (both autographed) from the Korean match.

Any ways, this is good news for the people of Taiwan.
And I am planning on taking a group to train at CCY academy end of this year.
I wonder if the new centre will be done by then :p

Thats really good news.

Maybe in a few years/generations there will be some real competition for china:p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Yeah, his school already have some good juniors
Dima and one of the kids was warming up and the kid was block for Dima.
Dima was going all out too, the kid is a junior national player too

Its so nice to hear about peoples interest in sport,even though they may not be involved directly.
It shows that they care about their country,a good sense of patriotism.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Its so nice to hear about peoples interest in sport,even though they may not be involved directly.
It shows that they care about their country,a good sense of patriotism.

Yep, that is the key word there - patriotism.

CCY is a national hero.
He did not get the support when he was young, everything was self funded, self arranaged etc and he become a hero.
Now lots of corporates wants to be part of making more heros, why? To fly Taiwan's flag high, to show the world that they can also compete in the sport areana.

Taiwan is more known for its academics, technology etc, not really known for its sports.
Table tennis has always been popular but now it is becoming professional or semi professional - where many players are given financial sponsorship (salary) and promised working oppurtunity by many corporate once they retire from the sport.