Skyline 3 Neo: Does boosting makes a big difference?

This user has no status.
Hi guys!

I am still trying to find the good forehand rubber for me. Tryed lots of different rubbers but cant just find a rubber that does it for me...

I remember trying a Hurricane 3 Neo a year ago. Spin was incredible, looping was very easy but it did not have enough power for me. After 2 months I gave the Skyline 3 Neo a try. It was faster than the Hurricane and better for mid distance but still not enough speed.

Right now I am trying the Bluefire M2. Good spin and speed but did not impress me too much but I only used it for one session yet so I guess I have to adapt more to it first before I can say its good or not.

But I was thinking about getting a Skyline 3 Neo again but this time with some boosting speed glue on it, and I was planning on boosting it with Falco Tempo Long. And I want to know If anyone can tell how much difference it is. And if I boost it how long will it last and how many layers do I have to put on when reboosting.

Im clearly new to boosting haha.

Well thanks in advance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hi guys!

I am still trying to find the good forehand rubber for me. Tryed lots of different rubbers but cant just find a rubber that does it for me...

I remember trying a Hurricane 3 Neo a year ago. Spin was incredible, looping was very easy but it did not have enough power for me. After 2 months I gave the Skyline 3 Neo a try. It was faster than the Hurricane and better for mid distance but still not enough speed.

Right now I am trying the Bluefire M2. Good spin and speed but did not impress me too much but I only used it for one session yet so I guess I have to adapt more to it first before I can say its good or not.

But I was thinking about getting a Skyline 3 Neo again but this time with some boosting speed glue on it, and I was planning on boosting it with Falco Tempo Long. And I want to know If anyone can tell how much difference it is. And if I boost it how long will it last and how many layers do I have to put on when reboosting.

Im clearly new to boosting haha.

Well thanks in advance.

Firstly, im using skyline 3 blue sponge with seamoon booster...out of the package, i boost it 3 thin layers with 1 layer of WBG beforehand to prevent the topsheet from being rip off from the sponge due to the strength of the booster itself...for seamoon booster (lasting effect differs with different booster), i reboost it about a month after the first boosting was done with a layer or two depends on my mood ;)...about the difference between boosted and unboosted skyline or chinese rubber in general IMHO based on my experience is boosted seems to have 3 to 4 notch speed faster than unboosted and about spin wise, boosted for me has slightly more than unboosted..

This user has no status.
chinese rubbers are for spin oriented players, if you are a speed maniac so forget it, go with european or japanese rubbers

Well, Ma Long an Yan An are defenitly not spin orientated and I would like to have a rubber like Skyline 3 Neo but just a bit faster. maybe I should wait for the Skyline 8 Neo to release.

Reactions: jeycop