Should I tune a harder or softer H3?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Read 2 reviews
There are several hardness of H3, such as 38 degrees, to 40 degrees. Would a harder or softer sponge be better for tuning with Haifu glue? Since the glue softens the sponge, would a softer or harder sponge give me better results?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am going to say something different. It depends on if you like harder or softer. But the 38 degree H3 is still pretty darn hard and tuning it produces better results for me than tuning harder versions of H3. I think the pros are using the softest version and boosting it to expand and soften the sponge. I would use something like Dan Chi booster or Haifu SeaMoon booster rather than glue so you get a fully boosted effect that lasts. If the glue causes a speed glue effect, it will only last a short time and you will have to reglue over and over.

Reactions: akonebrahim
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
The harder sponges will have more speed with full swing,they will soften up when boosted. I think most of the CNT players use the 40 and 41 degree sponges.
Agree with you. I have seen a H3 that was made specially for ZJK and it's hardness was 40.5 degrees.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Provincial players usually play with 38-39 degrees. 40 degrees is really for CNT players because they have the technique to hit the ball hard enough to "eat" the ball. I'd say 38/39 is best for amateur players