BH rubber advice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
Hello guys, for a while i've been looking for a rubber which will suit my bh style and i came to a conclusion that what i need is a rubber which is not great at anything but not bad either .... just good allround. So what do you think ? The rubber should have midle-ish throw - definitelly higher than Vicast v>01 Limber but lower than Bluefire JP01 for example. Lighter is also better. I play manily close to table sometimes middle but not far away. It should be soft to medium hardness wise... a bit harder than Limber should be just about it. I have Stiga Calibra Tour S in mind, what do you think ? Thanks for any advice :)

ZED

This user has no status.

ZED

This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Hello guys, for a while i've been looking for a rubber which will suit my bh style and i came to a conclusion that what i need is a rubber which is not great at anything but not bad either .... just good allround. So what do you think ? The rubber should have midle-ish throw - definitelly higher than Vicast v>01 Limber but lower than Bluefire JP01 for example. Lighter is also better. I play manily close to table sometimes middle but not far away. It should be soft to medium hardness wise... a bit harder than Limber should be just about it. I have Stiga Calibra Tour S in mind, what do you think ? Thanks for any advice :)

Tour S is OK, but lacks ANY tackiness.
Out of 10,
DHS H3 is 9
Tenergies are 5
Calibra tour is 2

If you do play close up, that suggests that you might be hitting mostly.
I have used Tour M and H. Flat Hitting with the tour series is truly a joy. However, Tours can't really generate slow and spinny shots. (I.E. Slow loops) because of the almost anti spin topsheet. To generate solid topspin you will need a harder and faster swing so that the ball reaches the sponge.

If you flat hit, you will love this.
If you loop, go with acuda s2, it has more spin.

But what it looks like you're describing, and allround rubber, sounds like SRIVER.
Xiom vega also sounds like a solid choice.

Last edited:

ZED

This user has no status.

ZED

This user has no status.
Jul 2014
I have Xiom Vega Euro on BH on my rosewood V. It is not that good for me, just doesn't suit me. i like it more as a FH rubber. rakza 7 soft is better for me on BH.

What would you describe your backhand as? Spin, control, speed? How it compares to other parts of your game?