My New Setup :))

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Hi Guys!.. Had my new setup.... Blade: Stiga Clipper WRB FH: DHS H3 (Not yet buying the blue sponge) BH: Xiom Vega EU..... those who's familiar with me. and knows that I would be buying the ones that I've posted a couple of weeks ago...... When I will buy at the equipment store, they said that they don't have any stock of the Donic Waldner Senso Carbon (which is my 1st choice) and the Stiga Offensive Wood NCT (my cheapest choice) so I go with this one which is probably the blade that has been my option.....

At my games this day, I got a good feedback on it,, used it in counter spins, flats and turns out that my choice didn't fail me... It helps me put so much spin and power on the ball when I''m hitting on it.. but unfortunately, I can't block at it very well :(...... but still. overall based on my experience with this new setup today... IT IS REALLY PRETTY GOOD AND IT IS WORTH THE PRICE :))

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The Clipper is an excellent blade. There isn't anything out there that is really any better as a blade than a Clipper. There are blades that are lighter, that different balance, nothing is really better than that. Great blade choice. All wood. Plenty fast. Great touch. Great feeling. Great control. Those should be fine rubbers as well.

Reactions: Bishop Rasta 27
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
The Clipper is an excellent blade. There isn't anything out there that is really any better as a blade than a Clipper. There are blades that are lighter, that different balance, nothing is really better than that. Great blade choice. All wood. Plenty fast. Great touch. Great feeling. Great control. Those should be fine rubbers as well.

Yep :)).. Been So lucky to meet this blade.... even though its my 1st time to use it.. I've been loving it so much already :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Ive used the clipper for some time. Wasnt a bad blade but somethimes the ball just felt dead of my racket for some reason. And with the hurricane long 3 its extremely easy to loop against all sorts of spin and different lengts

Yeah. I think it matches more in Chinese rubbers... Hopefully I don't get the deadball feeling on mine :)

I have heard of those rubbers but, what is its difference compared to the commercial and national ones? :)

commercial : the ones you can buy from almost any dhs reseller, quality ranges from amazing to playable but you almost never get 2 rubbers that are the same. some say that the tg series suffers less from the variable quality than the hurricane series
domestic commercial : commercial version sold allegedly only in china, some sheets have hardness ratings (no idea what quality is like)
provincial : these are better quality than commercial and usually have a hardness rating and verification codes (there is less variability between sheets compared to commercial)
national : these are the best quality rubbers, allegedly what is used by the cnt, they are hard to get hold of and usually cost a fair bit of money but if genuine play very well

provincial and national rubbers are, unfortunately, very popular and hence there are lots of fakes ... beware of where you buy and who you buy from.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
commercial : the ones you can buy from almost any dhs reseller, quality ranges from amazing to playable but you almost never get 2 rubbers that are the same. some say that the tg series suffers less from the variable quality than the hurricane series
domestic commercial : commercial version sold allegedly only in china, some sheets have hardness ratings (no idea what quality is like)
provincial : these are better quality than commercial and usually have a hardness rating and verification codes (there is less variability between sheets compared to commercial)
national : these are the best quality rubbers, allegedly what is used by the cnt, they are hard to get hold of and usually cost a fair bit of money but if genuine play very well

provincial and national rubbers are, unfortunately, very popular and hence there are lots of fakes ... beware of where you buy and who you buy from.

ahh,, so that's what those kind of dhs' rubbers are

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
I just switched to the clipper and I'm loving the response I can get out of it. I wouldn't say it can only be paired with Chinese rubber though.

I'm not yet trying to try the clipper on some euro tensor rubbers... but I'm planning to pair it with Acuda S3 in exchang of my H3 in FH if I can't find a cheaper H3 prov or national rubber :D

This user has no status.
I'm not yet trying to try the clipper on some euro tensor rubbers... but I'm planning to pair it with Acuda S3 in exchang of my H3 in FH if I can't find a cheaper H3 prov or national rubber :D

You want to replace H3 with Acuda S3? Aside from the fact that H3 is a Chinese rubber with a hard sponge and that S3 is a tensor rubber with a soft sponge( softest of the Acuda range regulars) I guess that will need a long time to transition. Why not just stick to H3 and practice with it?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
You want to replace H3 with Acuda S3? Aside from the fact that H3 is a Chinese rubber with a hard sponge and that S3 is a tensor rubber with a soft sponge( softest of the Acuda range regulars) I guess that will need a long time to transition. Why not just stick to H3 and practice with it?

yes,,, I'm always using a chinese rubber and I thought of it now that I would wanna try to use something that is not in my comfort zone(using chinese rubbers) and try a new one,, and if I doesn't like the result then I would return in using chinese rubbers on my fh and mayber just change my BH(xiom vega EU) to the acuda S3 :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
yes,,, I'm always using a chinese rubber and I thought of it now that I would wanna try to use something that is not in my comfort zone(using chinese rubbers) and try a new one,, and if I doesn't like the result then I would return in using chinese rubbers on my fh and mayber just change my BH(xiom vega EU) to the acuda S3 :)

S3 is a pretty soft sponge. Chinese rubbers are hard. The top sheet is not tacky. This is a big change. Most people don't use soft rubbers on FH. Maybe S2?