Tackiest,softest tensor rubber available?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Why are you looking for this? Just wondering. Because originally you were looking for H3 which is hard and Razka 7 which is fairly hard.

On backhand a medium hard rubber is what i prefer.

on fh i prefer soft rubbers that are tacky. I used to use mark v(quite decent amount amount of tackiness).

i want to combine tackiness with tensor +have what i like on my fh(soft rubber)

(this is my quest for the perfect forehand rubber:))

This user has no status.
If you like the soft sponges only for the good dwelltime you might want to consider the Donic Baracuda. The surface is tacky and produces a lot of spin easily, has a rsther high arc and can accelerate a lot on topspins played with a maximum closed angle (surface of the rubber parallel to the table surface).
You need good technique to use it well though since the high arc makes it easy to miss strokes that have a lot of force behind them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
I believe there is a reason why such a rubber is hard to find. The combination simply does not work. Once I have a Chinese rubber (Sword King) which is very tacky, soft and bouncy. At first glance it seems like a good idea but turns out the worst in play. The bounciness makes short game suffer with little control and bounce long. When hitting hard the soft sponge start bottoming and the tacky topsheet just cut off half of my power. No matter how hard I strike, the power is like going into thin air and not the ball. Now I understand why Chinese tacky topsheet needs the support of harder sponge to get the kick. I have bought another sheet of Sword King and it is much harder, less tacky, less bouncy and play nothing like the one before.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Well then you would like OOAK very much haha. Every other post is some kind of Tenergy with pips out or off+ blade for defense

haha agold, although Der_Echte is NOT a pips player, I have been VERY active on that forum over the years. I do have a setup for scouting purposes vs the OX LP crowd in Korea, but I'm not in Korea any moar.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Man, who's been the necromancer trying to resurrect this old thread?

Don't get me wrong. Some threads are definitely worth reviving, but i think this isn't one of those.

Rakza 7 soft

I think you've been mixing up grippiness with tackiness.
Rakza can't lift a ball.

Never used it but maybe stiga genesis is a good answer. It's a tacky tensor from what heard

To be more precise: it's N O T a tensor!
but you're right, the 's' version could be an option.
One could also try the Nittaku H3 (non-neo) with orange package, sticky topsheet and white sponge.
Another option could be Juic 999 which uses the 999 topsheet combined with a soft japanese sponge or slightly harder but still rather soft, the Juic 'Spin Spiel'.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong