Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey everyone,

Today me and TableTennisDaily player @Tom tested Stiga's ITTF approved plastic ball.

Stay tuned for the review which will look at various playing characteristics of the new ball, coming soon!

Is there anything you want us to include in the review about the ball?

newballttd.jpg

This user has no status.
Just regulair strokes like forehand and backhand counterhit and topspin, blocking, short play and flicks, countertopspinning...

Also if the rumors are true; that the bal dips faster, has less spin and that it bounces higher.

And a roundness test. Ive watched 2 reviews of the new ball, one from Henzell and one from Pingskills and they said that the ball was not round enough.

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
When is the new ball hitting the market?
I think the answer to that is "it depends which brand you want." If you Google "Tibhar Syntt" or "Joola Super-p" it appear that German balls will be available next week (in Germany) and next month (in the UK) - however I can find no word yet on when Stiga's or Nittaku's offerings will be available, or DHS / Double Fish for that matter. If you really want some NOW then it appears that you can buy XuShaoFa poly balls from contra.de immediately - I believe these are the seamless ones, although my memory is very likely playing tricks on me there.