PDA

View Full Version : Anyone knows of Nittaku DHS hurricane 3?

TTjhonel04
06-15-2014, 04:42 AM
I've seen a rubber called Nittaku DHS Hurricane 3 being sold in a facebook group, and I've been curious of it, are there anyone of you who have used the rubber or just be familiar of it? :) I want to try it but before that I would want to know more of it's background or it's details? :D

MDanielCRO
06-15-2014, 05:12 AM
I've seen a rubber called Nittaku DHS Hurricane 3 being sold in a facebook group, and I've been curious of it, are there anyone of you who have used the rubber or just be familiar of it? :) I want to try it but before that I would want to know more of it's background or it's details? :D

DHS made it for Nittaku, but I don't know anything else.

TTjhonel04
06-15-2014, 05:17 AM
DHS made it for Nittaku, but I don't know anything else.

I've read of that a while ago while searching it through the internet :)).. but unfortunately. I can't find a good review about it :(

JustAlt
06-15-2014, 06:01 AM
You should always check tabletennisdb if you want to know about equipment. Nittaku hurricane is basically a dhs hurricane topsheet with a softer japanese style sponge. You can read some reviews here: http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/nittaku-dhs-hurricane-3.html

Edit: oops only one review there this time..

TTjhonel04
06-15-2014, 06:36 AM
You should always check tabletennisdb if you want to know about equipment. Nittaku hurricane is basically a dhs hurricane topsheet with a softer japanese style sponge. You can read some reviews here: http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/nittaku-dhs-hurricane-3.html

Edit: oops only one review there this time..

yep just saw it when I reviewed the site.. still I need a larger and broader review about the rubber :)

mahomedy13
06-15-2014, 11:20 AM
on this topic of 2 brand names on 1 rubber,has anyone ever used the stiga/yasaka cobra rubber?

I have used it(on a friends bat),it is excellent in speed and spin,not a tensioned rubber.

Ive searched everywhere for it,but cannot find any for sale.

TTjhonel04
06-15-2014, 11:42 AM
on this topic of 2 brand names on 1 rubber,has anyone ever used the stiga/yasaka cobra rubber?

I have used it(on a friends bat),it is excellent in speed and spin,not a tensioned rubber.

Ive searched everywhere for it,but cannot find any for sale.

what rubber do you mean that you've already use? the stiga/yasaka cobra rubber? or the Nittaku DHS H3?

mahomedy13
06-15-2014, 11:45 AM
what rubber do you mean that you've already use? the stiga/yasaka cobra rubber? or the Nittaku DHS H3?

the stiga/yasaka.

sorry for the misunderstanding

TTjhonel04
06-15-2014, 11:46 AM
the stiga/yasaka.

sorry for the misunderstanding

ahh. I see,, my 1st time to ever heard of it though....

htfu
06-15-2014, 02:03 PM
there are a few versions of the nittaku rubber :

nittaku hurricane 2 : http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_2&products_id=57
nittaku hurricane 3 : http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_2&products_id=58

those are the nittaku packaged versions of the normal dhs hurricane 2 & 3. the topsheet is apparently slightly better quality than the normal dhs commercial.

hurricane 2 neo : http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_2&products_id=1150
hurricane 3 neo : http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_2&products_id=1152

same thing as the straight hurricanes, apparently the topsheet is slightly better quality.

hurricane 2 pro : http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_2&products_id=55
hurricane 3 pro : http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_2&products_id=56

these are apparently equivalent to the provincial quality dhs rubbers.

there are also nt50 type of both hurricane 2 & 3, these have a japanse sponge vs the standard hard chinese sponge. topsheet-wise they are apparently also slightly better quality than the standard dhs commercial sheets.

the big thing with the nittaku versions, so i am lead to believe, is that they are way more consistent so there should be way less variance from one sheet to another.

LethalForehand
06-16-2014, 03:24 AM
I tried the nittaku H3 Pro, its no way near close to a provincial level H3, I believe its a repackaged old-style commercial H3 (although havent played commercial H3 for a long time). Nittaku H3 pro was a really big disappointment after the provincial.

UpSideDownCarl
06-16-2014, 04:14 AM
If you are looking for other rubbers, this is something to look into: Tibar Grip S: http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/tibhar-grip-s.html

Some of the Chinese Women's team members use this. It is a Blue Whale II topsheet with a German sponge. It is supposed to be pretty good.

TTjhonel04
06-17-2014, 09:41 AM
I tried the nittaku H3 Pro, its no way near close to a provincial level H3, I believe its a repackaged old-style commercial H3 (although havent played commercial H3 for a long time). Nittaku H3 pro was a really big disappointment after the provincial.

How could you say that it is a really big disappointment after the provincial? could you state any differences that you can say? or are there just a little or close similarities of both rubbers?

TTjhonel04
06-17-2014, 09:49 AM
If you are looking for other rubbers, this is something to look into: Tibar Grip S: http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/tibhar-grip-s.html

Some of the Chinese Women's team members use this. It is a Blue Whale II topsheet with a German sponge. It is supposed to be pretty good.

Never heard of that one before... any good side of it? :D

mahomedy13
06-17-2014, 10:22 AM

Liu Shiwen used to use it.now she uses hurricane/skyline blue sponge(judging from china open).maybe im wrong about her new rubber,but i think im right.

TTjhonel04
06-17-2014, 10:29 AM
Liu Shiwen used to use it.now she uses hurricane/skyline blue sponge(judging from china open).maybe im wrong about her new rubber,but i think im right.

Blue Sponge? meaning it is a national team's rubber right?

mahomedy13
06-17-2014, 10:45 AM
Blue Sponge? meaning it is a national team's rubber right?

Probably its a national.

htfu
06-17-2014, 11:20 AM
hurricane 3 neo definitely comes in provincial blue sponge, tg3 neo apparently too ... so a blue sponge rubber is not always a national. confirmation of this from multiple sources would be needed.

UpSideDownCarl
06-17-2014, 11:35 AM
hurricane 3 neo definitely comes in provincial blue sponge, tg3 neo apparently too ... so a blue sponge rubber is not always a national. confirmation of this from multiple sources would be needed.

But a Chinese National Team player is not going to go out and buy Provincial rubber when they are GIVEN National. I am sure a CNT player would be using National rubber.

UpSideDownCarl
06-17-2014, 11:59 AM

Look at this thread:

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?1129-Chinese-Team-Bat-pictures!

and look at the black rubber for Guo Yue and Liu Shiwen. When those photos were taken in 2011, both of them were using Grip-S. If it was not good, those two would not have used it, even for just one tournament. Again, it is a Haifu Blue Whale II topsheet with a different sponge and a glue sheet on it.

If you like H3 it is worth trying. And you can read the reviews on ttdb if you follow the link from my previous post about the rubber.

TTjhonel04
06-17-2014, 12:03 PM
Look at this thread:

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?1129-Chinese-Team-Bat-pictures!

and look at the black rubber for Guo Yue and Liu Shiwen. When those photos were taken in 2011, both of them were using Grip-S. If it was not good, those two would not have used it, even for just one tournament. Again, it is a Haifu Blue Whale II topsheet with a different sponge and a glue sheet on it.

If you like H3 it is worth trying. And you can read the reviews on ttdb if you follow the link from my previous post about the rubber.

ahh. I don't just like H3 I LOVE IT! :DD.. what are their differences? excluding their sponge and topsheet composition? will it produce almost the same spin with H3? and is it a lot faster than H3? :))

UpSideDownCarl
06-17-2014, 12:15 PM
ahh. I don't just like H3 I LOVE IT! :DD.. what are their differences? excluding their sponge and topsheet composition? will it produce almost the same spin with H3? and is it a lot faster than H3? :))

Blue Whale is supposed to be more tacky and more spinny. The German sponge, I would guess, is a better sponge, because the sponge on Chinese rubbers is not usually what makes the rubber good.

But, if you like H3 so much, what is the point of all this. So many comments for something you already love. Why change anything if you really are happy with what you have. Just play it.

Provincial, Commercial, National, Blue Sponge, Orange Sponge, none of that stuff matters if you like the sheet that is on your blade now.

TTjhonel04
06-17-2014, 12:17 PM
Blue Whale is supposed to be more tacky and more spinny. The German sponge, I would guess, is a better sponge, because the sponge on Chinese rubbers is not usually what makes the rubber good.

But, if you like H3 so much, what is the point of all this. So many comments for something you already love. Why change anything if you really are happy with what you have. Just play it.

Provincial, Commercial, National, Blue Sponge, Orange Sponge, none of that stuff matters if you like the sheet that is on your blade now.

I love the way how H3 spins but I sometimes hate my ball returning to my opponent so slow that makes my opponent have enough time to counter it -__-

LethalForehand
06-18-2014, 01:15 AM
How could you say that it is a really big disappointment after the provincial? could you state any differences that you can say? or are there just a little or close similarities of both rubbers?

compared to the prov h3, the topsheet feels less tacky (not that important) and harder. being harder makes using the sponge much more difficult, I had a hard time getting the nice clicking sound out of it, which also means I could not use the catapult effect that much, the shots were less precise. the provincial h3 in my opinion feels sharper, crisper, more controllable. Also the nittaku h3 pro reacted differently to booster, the dome was much smaller and overall less tensioned. this is just my opinion though.

UpSideDownCarl
06-18-2014, 03:16 AM
I love the way how H3 spins but I sometimes hate my ball returning to my opponent so slow that makes my opponent have enough time to counter it -__-

Then you boost it.

TTjhonel04
06-18-2014, 03:37 AM
Then you boost it.

And that's I do not know how. haha

mahomedy13
06-18-2014, 04:17 AM
And that's I do not know how. haha

Buy a booster like haifu seamoon,then post that question on ttd.you will get many answers/tips

justinfoomh
06-18-2014, 04:37 AM
I used the Nittaku Hurricane Neo 3 before and it is similar to DHS H3 Neo Provincial.
The topsheet doesn't feel as tacky when pinched, but the rubber offers similar control as the DHS Provincial on serves, short game, and loops. The dwell time is similar. So don't worry about the spin on pushes, serves, and loops. There isn't much of a difference between the 2 rubbers. However, the Nittaku H3 has a slightly lower throw compared to the DHS H3. Thus you have to play with a slightly more open angle.

Rajah*
06-18-2014, 06:47 AM
hi, you have to master how to produce power on your attacks with a limited space by using your back muscles, explosive attacks and quick recover. you have to anchor yourself on the ground everytime you spin, square yourself and maintain stability (center of gravity). always move, anticipate where the ball is going- go approach the ball first ok..never run towards the ball with an open arm ready to spin coz it will drag you down..lift you body as you move then square yourself before you brush the ball..dont hit! brush the ball.

In H3 it is very diffrent -"the stroke" compared to tensors spring tech. You got to have strong firm arm in order to produce minitopspins (safer attack) inside the table..instead of flicking the ball

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk