China stickiness rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Hi i wonder how to keep stickiness-rubber like "Hurricain3"?

I'v used "Target" rubber which is known for low-tacky rubber for one year. But i still don't know exactly to maintain this rubber..

I just use a tape and get rid of dust on the rubber. sometimes i drop a little water on a sponge, then i clean up.

is this method right? im not sure
i want to know help..:(

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo
wipe the rubber with sweat or exhale heavily onto it to get some condensation onto the rubber, then wipe off. repeat often while playing. get plastic rubber protector sheets stuck onto the rubber after playing will help to keep the rubber clean when stored.

using rubber protectors is not super important as you can just wipe the rubber clean whenever there is some dust or dirt on it. be careful, make sure you get all of the sweat/condensation off the rubber or you may not get anything back until the surface is properly dry ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Hi i wonder how to keep stickiness-rubber like "Hurricain3"?

I'v used "Target" rubber which is known for low-tacky rubber within a month. But i still don't know to maintain this rubber..

I just use a tape and get rid of dust on the rubber. sometimes i drop a little water on a sponge, then i clean up.

is this method right? im not sure
i want to know help..:(

Try REvolution 3 cleaner and rejuvenator. I'm ordering it. Everyone says it's great

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
wipe the rubber with sweat or exhale heavily onto it to get some condensation onto the rubber, then wipe off. repeat often while playing. get plastic rubber protector sheets stuck onto the rubber after playing will help to keep the rubber clean when stored.

using rubber protectors is not super important as you can just wipe the rubber clean whenever there is some dust or dirt on it. be careful, make sure you get all of the sweat/condensation off the rubber or you may not get anything back until the surface is properly dry ...
wow this is what i want to know. thank you for your advice:) i didn't know that it's not matter wiping rubber with my sweat during play TT. that's the reason why many of the chinese players exhale onto it on occasion!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Try REvolution 3 cleaner and rejuvenator. I'm ordering it. Everyone says it's great
oh i didn't know the cleaner for tacky rubber. i think i should also buy it, thank you:)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
My sweat is perfect. It keeps non-tacky rubbers like XP 2008 just grippy and it keeps tacky rubbers like H3 only semi-tacky, just like I like it.
yeah im taught it in here.. also im surprised that many people use tacky rubber and know how to maintain it well.. thank you:)

i'm not sure the rubber cleaners are worth the money, sweat and condensation from your breath are almost free and do a better job imo. cleaning with a cleaner can only be done during breaks and before/after a game/session ... wiping your rubber with your sweat or condensation from your breath can almost be done before every point if you are quick enough.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
i'm not sure the rubber cleaners are worth the money, sweat and condensation from your breath are almost free and do a better job imo. cleaning with a cleaner can only be done during breaks and before/after a game/session ... wiping your rubber with your sweat or condensation from your breath can almost be done before every point if you are quick enough.
okay i will! you're so kind thanks:D
i think i should come here to learn much more about TT!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
I find different brand cleaner perform differently on tacky rubbers. Some Chinese made cleaner can bring back the tack much better than Donic and Yasaka ones that I have. These cleaners and water or sweat can only restore the grip but not the tack. Of course the rubber needs to be in good condition and not already worn out. Clean and dry the rubber before storing in a case in room temperature helps. Never leave it in your car.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
I find different brand cleaner perform differently on tacky rubbers. Some Chinese made cleaner can bring back the tack much better than Donic and Yasaka ones that I have. These cleaners and water or sweat can only restore the grip but not the tack. Of course the rubber needs to be in good condition and not already worn out. Clean and dry the rubber before storing in a case in room temperature helps. Never leave it in your car.
oh.. you mean clean up with sweat or breath is just temporary effect to restore, not the tack but grip.
i also feel that rubber stickiness has not maintained compared with first time.
Can i ask to you what is the cleaner name and brand? thank you for your advice:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews

Can you give us an example?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews

Attachments

• cleaner1.jpg
    cleaner1.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 591
  • cleaner2.jpg
    cleaner2.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 537
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Most rubber cleaners are actually bad for your rubber's longevity/durability. It 'dries' out the rubber causing them to "die" quicker. They do remove sweat, oil, and dust fine, but so does some water with dawn soap or you could water down some glass cleaner as well which is basically what most cleaners are anyways.

The key to rubber longevity is to prevent air from contacting the rubber for prolonged exposure. Putting the packaging against the rubber or getting protective film sheets will do the trick. I typically cut out from the packaging and use the glossy side or smooth side to press against my rackets when I place them in my case. Since I lay my case down flat it typically keeps the rubber lasting 3-6 months for no issues of air damage. Now playing with rubbers for long enough you'll only get about 50 hours in before they start to die and that's if you take good care of them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Most rubber cleaners are actually bad for your rubber's longevity/durability. It 'dries' out the rubber causing them to "die" quicker. They do remove sweat, oil, and dust fine, but so does some water with dawn soap or you could water down some glass cleaner as well which is basically what most cleaners are anyways.

The key to rubber longevity is to prevent air from contacting the rubber for prolonged exposure. Putting the packaging against the rubber or getting protective film sheets will do the trick. I typically cut out from the packaging and use the glossy side or smooth side to press against my rackets when I place them in my case. Since I lay my case down flat it typically keeps the rubber lasting 3-6 months for no issues of air damage. Now playing with rubbers for long enough you'll only get about 50 hours in before they start to die and that's if you take good care of them.
oh, that's interesting that most rubber cleaners have actually negative effect to the rubber.. so why cleaner manufactories make this nunsence? they usually said "this cleaner makes durability even better and also it makes the rubber high efficient"
im shocked..:(

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Uh it's common sense that if you use the cleaner too often the rubber will die out and then you will have to buy more. You're really only supposed to use the rubber cleaner when the rubber has become dirty from sweat or from dust. Many people at amateur tournaments will often clean their rubbers in between each match. That is where it's going overboard. If you're using it more than once a week it's probably too much. Companies can advertise this because it's only a half truth. It can improve the surface temporarily, but that doesn't mean it will improve it in the long run. And if you're using it as often as normal people use it, it's too much. Think of it like an eraser on paper. The first time you erase something from a sheet of paper it comes off clean and there are no issues, but as time goes on the more you use the eraser on the same spots the more it wears down and eventually rips the paper. Chemicals work the same with rubbers.

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Uh it's common sense that if you use the cleaner too often the rubber will die out and then you will have to buy more. You're really only supposed to use the rubber cleaner when the rubber has become dirty from sweat or from dust. Many people at amateur tournaments will often clean their rubbers in between each match. That is where it's going overboard. If you're using it more than once a week it's probably too much. Companies can advertise this because it's only a half truth. It can improve the surface temporarily, but that doesn't mean it will improve it in the long run. And if you're using it as often as normal people use it, it's too much. Think of it like an eraser on paper. The first time you erase something from a sheet of paper it comes off clean and there are no issues, but as time goes on the more you use the eraser on the same spots the more it wears down and eventually rips the paper. Chemicals work the same with rubbers.
lol.. i'v played table tennis for 1year but i totally didn't know that. i'v played TT four times a week, when i come back home, i'v used rubber cleaner to remove from ball marks or dusts. so.. i think it's toooo much right?
thank you for your advice. you gave me information to be big help:)

Last edited: