PDA

View Full Version : China stickiness rubber

RyanLol
06-15-2014, 02:10 PM
Hi i wonder how to keep stickiness-rubber like "Hurricain3"?

I'v used "Target" rubber which is known for low-tacky rubber for one year. But i still don't know exactly to maintain this rubber..

I just use a tape and get rid of dust on the rubber. sometimes i drop a little water on a sponge, then i clean up.

is this method right? im not sure
i want to know help..:(

htfu
06-15-2014, 04:46 PM
wipe the rubber with sweat or exhale heavily onto it to get some condensation onto the rubber, then wipe off. repeat often while playing. get plastic rubber protector sheets stuck onto the rubber after playing will help to keep the rubber clean when stored.

using rubber protectors is not super important as you can just wipe the rubber clean whenever there is some dust or dirt on it. be careful, make sure you get all of the sweat/condensation off the rubber or you may not get anything back until the surface is properly dry ...

agold
06-16-2014, 12:51 AM
Hi i wonder how to keep stickiness-rubber like "Hurricain3"?

I'v used "Target" rubber which is known for low-tacky rubber within a month. But i still don't know to maintain this rubber..

I just use a tape and get rid of dust on the rubber. sometimes i drop a little water on a sponge, then i clean up.

is this method right? im not sure
i want to know help..:(

Try REvolution 3 cleaner and rejuvenator. I'm ordering it. Everyone says it's great

Der_Echte
06-16-2014, 02:38 AM
My sweat is perfect. It keeps non-tacky rubbers like XP 2008 just grippy and it keeps tacky rubbers like H3 only semi-tacky, just like I like it.

RyanLol
06-16-2014, 05:04 AM
wipe the rubber with sweat or exhale heavily onto it to get some condensation onto the rubber, then wipe off. repeat often while playing. get plastic rubber protector sheets stuck onto the rubber after playing will help to keep the rubber clean when stored.

using rubber protectors is not super important as you can just wipe the rubber clean whenever there is some dust or dirt on it. be careful, make sure you get all of the sweat/condensation off the rubber or you may not get anything back until the surface is properly dry ...
wow this is what i want to know. thank you for your advice:) i didn't know that it's not matter wiping rubber with my sweat during play TT. that's the reason why many of the chinese players exhale onto it on occasion!

RyanLol
06-16-2014, 05:07 AM
Try REvolution 3 cleaner and rejuvenator. I'm ordering it. Everyone says it's great
oh i didn't know the cleaner for tacky rubber. i think i should also buy it, thank you:)

RyanLol
06-16-2014, 05:10 AM
My sweat is perfect. It keeps non-tacky rubbers like XP 2008 just grippy and it keeps tacky rubbers like H3 only semi-tacky, just like I like it.
yeah im taught it in here.. also im surprised that many people use tacky rubber and know how to maintain it well.. thank you:)

htfu
06-16-2014, 08:04 AM
i'm not sure the rubber cleaners are worth the money, sweat and condensation from your breath are almost free and do a better job imo. cleaning with a cleaner can only be done during breaks and before/after a game/session ... wiping your rubber with your sweat or condensation from your breath can almost be done before every point if you are quick enough.

RyanLol
06-16-2014, 08:31 AM
i'm not sure the rubber cleaners are worth the money, sweat and condensation from your breath are almost free and do a better job imo. cleaning with a cleaner can only be done during breaks and before/after a game/session ... wiping your rubber with your sweat or condensation from your breath can almost be done before every point if you are quick enough.
okay i will! you're so kind thanks:D
i think i should come here to learn much more about TT!

TurboZ
06-16-2014, 09:35 AM
I find different brand cleaner perform differently on tacky rubbers. Some Chinese made cleaner can bring back the tack much better than Donic and Yasaka ones that I have. These cleaners and water or sweat can only restore the grip but not the tack. Of course the rubber needs to be in good condition and not already worn out. Clean and dry the rubber before storing in a case in room temperature helps. Never leave it in your car.

RyanLol
06-16-2014, 12:41 PM
I find different brand cleaner perform differently on tacky rubbers. Some Chinese made cleaner can bring back the tack much better than Donic and Yasaka ones that I have. These cleaners and water or sweat can only restore the grip but not the tack. Of course the rubber needs to be in good condition and not already worn out. Clean and dry the rubber before storing in a case in room temperature helps. Never leave it in your car.
oh.. you mean clean up with sweat or breath is just temporary effect to restore, not the tack but grip.
i also feel that rubber stickiness has not maintained compared with first time.
Can i ask to you what is the cleaner name and brand? thank you for your advice:)

bachikho
06-16-2014, 03:23 PM
just sweat in games, water after games then rubber protector, that's all

agold
06-16-2014, 03:42 PM

Can you give us an example?

TurboZ
06-16-2014, 04:15 PM
Can you give us an example?

Two I have used that works well with Chinese tacky rubbers.

RyanLol
06-16-2014, 06:15 PM
Two I have used that works well with Chinese tacky rubbers.
thank you for your help! :)

Mr. RicharD
06-16-2014, 07:21 PM
Most rubber cleaners are actually bad for your rubber's longevity/durability. It 'dries' out the rubber causing them to "die" quicker. They do remove sweat, oil, and dust fine, but so does some water with dawn soap or you could water down some glass cleaner as well which is basically what most cleaners are anyways.

The key to rubber longevity is to prevent air from contacting the rubber for prolonged exposure. Putting the packaging against the rubber or getting protective film sheets will do the trick. I typically cut out from the packaging and use the glossy side or smooth side to press against my rackets when I place them in my case. Since I lay my case down flat it typically keeps the rubber lasting 3-6 months for no issues of air damage. Now playing with rubbers for long enough you'll only get about 50 hours in before they start to die and that's if you take good care of them.

elrigo99
06-16-2014, 08:58 PM
Hey, I've got my first tacky rubber, before I have always used BTY foam (Rushawa​I guess). Is it ok for this one too?

RyanLol
06-17-2014, 02:11 AM
Most rubber cleaners are actually bad for your rubber's longevity/durability. It 'dries' out the rubber causing them to "die" quicker. They do remove sweat, oil, and dust fine, but so does some water with dawn soap or you could water down some glass cleaner as well which is basically what most cleaners are anyways.

The key to rubber longevity is to prevent air from contacting the rubber for prolonged exposure. Putting the packaging against the rubber or getting protective film sheets will do the trick. I typically cut out from the packaging and use the glossy side or smooth side to press against my rackets when I place them in my case. Since I lay my case down flat it typically keeps the rubber lasting 3-6 months for no issues of air damage. Now playing with rubbers for long enough you'll only get about 50 hours in before they start to die and that's if you take good care of them.
oh, that's interesting that most rubber cleaners have actually negative effect to the rubber.. so why cleaner manufactories make this nunsence? they usually said "this cleaner makes durability even better and also it makes the rubber high efficient"
im shocked..:(

Mr. RicharD
06-17-2014, 03:59 AM
Uh it's common sense that if you use the cleaner too often the rubber will die out and then you will have to buy more. You're really only supposed to use the rubber cleaner when the rubber has become dirty from sweat or from dust. Many people at amateur tournaments will often clean their rubbers in between each match. That is where it's going overboard. If you're using it more than once a week it's probably too much. Companies can advertise this because it's only a half truth. It can improve the surface temporarily, but that doesn't mean it will improve it in the long run. And if you're using it as often as normal people use it, it's too much. Think of it like an eraser on paper. The first time you erase something from a sheet of paper it comes off clean and there are no issues, but as time goes on the more you use the eraser on the same spots the more it wears down and eventually rips the paper. Chemicals work the same with rubbers.

RyanLol
06-17-2014, 05:21 AM
Uh it's common sense that if you use the cleaner too often the rubber will die out and then you will have to buy more. You're really only supposed to use the rubber cleaner when the rubber has become dirty from sweat or from dust. Many people at amateur tournaments will often clean their rubbers in between each match. That is where it's going overboard. If you're using it more than once a week it's probably too much. Companies can advertise this because it's only a half truth. It can improve the surface temporarily, but that doesn't mean it will improve it in the long run. And if you're using it as often as normal people use it, it's too much. Think of it like an eraser on paper. The first time you erase something from a sheet of paper it comes off clean and there are no issues, but as time goes on the more you use the eraser on the same spots the more it wears down and eventually rips the paper. Chemicals work the same with rubbers.
lol.. i'v played table tennis for 1year but i totally didn't know that. i'v played TT four times a week, when i come back home, i'v used rubber cleaner to remove from ball marks or dusts. so.. i think it's toooo much right?
thank you for your advice. you gave me information to be big help:)

Der_Echte
06-17-2014, 06:16 PM
If I REALLY want to keep the H3 tacky, (I never do though), I use as RicharD suggests a plastic cover that self-adheres with surface tension. I wipe down rubber with a combo of lemon juice and olive oil first. RicharD correctly states that oxidation is a killer of topsheet elasticity and that maintenance crazy amatures (listen up Korea) go WAY overboard in this respect. Olive oil rejuvenates that and the time with the plastic cover helps. One good wipe down with olive oil mix and an overnight stay under a protective sheets bring back 120% of H3's tackiness. Yes, I mean that makes it even tackier than from factory. However, besides just making a show of having to vigorously shake the bat to dislodge the ball stuck to tacky topsheet to wow the amature crowd, I really dislike that level of tackiness. Simply half tacky is plenty tacky for me. The trick to making extreme spin on serves when you need it is wrist speed at impact, that is all timing and proper effective movement.

mahomedy13
06-17-2014, 08:59 PM
If I REALLY want to keep the H3 tacky, (I never do though), I use as RicharD suggests a plastic cover that self-adheres with surface tension. I wipe down rubber with a combo of lemon juice and olive oil first. RicharD correctly states that oxidation is a killer of topsheet elasticity and that maintenance crazy amatures (listen up Korea) go WAY overboard in this respect. Olive oil rejuvenates that and the time with the plastic cover helps. One good wipe down with olive oil mix and an overnight stay under a protective sheets bring back 120% of H3's tackiness. Yes, I mean that makes it even tackier than from factory. However, besides just making a show of having to vigorously shake the bat to dislodge the ball stuck to tacky topsheet to wow the amature crowd, I really dislike that level of tackiness. Simply half tacky is plenty tacky for me. The trick to making extreme spin on serves when you need it is wrist speed at impact, that is all timing and proper effective movement.

Will this home recipe work on old non-tacky rubbers?will it make a rubber tacky?

agold
06-17-2014, 11:58 PM

Interesting. I would think the olive oil make the rubber smoother and therefore less grippy and tacky, so it's a great thing for me to try. I'll do it on my old tacky YinHe rubber which I don't care about, and then on my h3 neo if it works well. It seems like from what you wrote, this does not need to be done often to retain the tackiness of the rubber. Thanks a lot!

Der_Echte
06-18-2014, 12:54 AM
The treatment does not make a normally grippy rubber tacky, but lemon juice and olive oil can bring back some of the elasticity. Still, if the rubber is badly oxidized it is game over dude. Cut Ur losses and get sum new rubber. You deserve it.

I have before made a normally grippy rubber (XP 2008) very tacky by rubbing the daylights outta it over days with my palm firmly. After a few days, I was making the top layer a little rough but very tacky. I could hold a ball easily. This was a 4 month old sheet, which for normal once a week players, would take a few years to get that used.

RyanLol
06-18-2014, 05:25 AM
Well.. I knew oiled rubber but i don't need to be more tacky my rubber than before. I just want to maintain my rubber's stickiness and manage to remove from any dirts or dust after playig game. So using the plastic cover is enough. Thanks a lot and i'll try it when i really need to do that:)

Rajah*
06-18-2014, 06:38 AM
Olive oil keeps the topsheet alive and healthy.. but dont overdo coz your rubber will get soft. Once a week will do. For everyday cleaning sponge + water is good, at the end of the day seal it with a plastic cover :-)

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

agold
06-19-2014, 12:51 AM
Olive oil keeps the topsheet alive and healthy.. but dont overdo coz your rubber will get soft. Once a week will do. For everyday cleaning sponge + water is good, at the end of the day seal it with a plastic cover :-)

Do you use this method? If so, do you think you could post a video? That way we can see how you do it and how much you use. Thanks!

Rajah*
06-19-2014, 01:18 AM
Sure.I will send you. Ohh its 2am why are you still up young man..

RyanLol
06-19-2014, 01:52 AM

Once a week.. maybe i'll try it next monday in my country. Okay! Thank you:)

agold
06-19-2014, 07:56 PM
Sure.I will send you. Ohh its 2am why are you still up young man..

For me it was slightly earlier ;) but I do better things when I am up late than most people my age haha

XariuzCruz
06-20-2014, 05:41 AM
For me though, I just simply use a sponge with water on it, wipe it and dry it immediately using my cotton cloth, that makes my H3N pretty tacky...

RyanLol
06-20-2014, 06:09 AM
For me though, I just simply use a sponge with water on it, wipe it and dry it immediately using my cotton cloth, that makes my H3N pretty tacky...
Oh, i have a question. When you're using the cotton clothe to dry rubber, i think dusts attch on the rubber because H3 rubber is so tacky. Isn't it? Thank you:)

XariuzCruz
06-20-2014, 02:23 PM
Oh, i have a question. When you're using the cotton clothe to dry rubber, i think dusts attch on the rubber because H3 rubber is so tacky. Isn't it? Thank you:)
Yes it does, but not much. The little dust on it actually giving it a little more grip though. I've try wiping it on a dryfit cloth but the result is not as good as cotton cloth

RyanLol
06-20-2014, 02:25 PM
Yes it does, but not much. The little dust on it actually giving it a little more grip though. I've try wiping it on a dryfit cloth but the result is not as good as cotton cloth
Wow, Interesting. That's GOOD informtion. Thank you so much:)

gmiller2233
01-12-2017, 11:15 PM
thanks for the tip Echte. The olive oil and lemon juice works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobpuls
01-13-2017, 11:21 AM
Who cares how to protect it when it is practically indestructible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2u_SKHw7GI

6Finger
03-30-2017, 10:16 AM
I have tried cleaning with water, sweat only, spray on rubber cleaner but after I tried Revolution nr.3, Rubber Cleaner & Rejuvenator and only 1 drop after each time after training and plastic protection sheet i find it remarkable just insanely great product.

Suga D
03-30-2017, 04:38 PM
Ewwwwww

That's all i can say.
Ewwwwwwwww
[Emoji12]

I have tried cleaning with water, sweat only, spray on rubber cleaner but after I tried Revolution nr.3, Rubber Cleaner & Rejuvenator and only 1 drop after each time after training and plastic protection sheet i find it remarkable just insanely great product.

I'm also using it and i must say i'm quite satisfied. But one shouldn't overdo it, since it seems to be containing some oil that softens up the topsheet.

fais
03-30-2017, 04:55 PM
If I ever come across DE's paddle, I'll have to remind my self not to lick it now.

fais
03-30-2017, 04:57 PM
I have a 3 year old h3 neo which is still tacky AF... how are you guys managing to remove the tackiness?

Zaid323918
03-30-2017, 05:19 PM

So would lemon juice and olive oil combo work on tensor rubbers. (make em more elastic etc.)

Suga D
03-30-2017, 05:41 PM

If I ever come across DE's paddle, I'll have to remind my self not to lick it now.

Why not? I believe there are some people out there that would even pay for that.
Hahaha
Again: Ewwwwwww

I have a 3 year old h3 neo which is still tacky AF... how are you guys managing to remove the tackiness?

Hahaha
[Emoji2]
Same here. My Nittaku/DHS H3 will also turn 3y.o. in July and i can't see the tack decrease yet.
But i have to admit i haven't played with it for a while now. Just resting on the shelf with protection sheets on.

So would lemon juice and olive oil combo work on tensor rubbers. (make em more elastic etc.)

Not sure 'bout the lemon juice but oil will definitely work for a short while. But don't use more than a few drops or else your topsheet might mush up. And most likely it won't work more than a few times and then after that your rubber is deader than dead.

fais
03-31-2017, 06:18 PM
I wonder though how many people complaining about the H3 losing tackiness use the H3 in red?

Suga D
04-01-2017, 01:40 PM
I wonder though how many people complaining about the H3 losing tackiness use the H3 in red?

This might be a very good question.

Suga D
04-15-2017, 12:20 PM
Well, i couldn't resist my curiousity and ordered ten days ago some "Blütenkirsche" rubber cleaner for tacky rubbers from ttnpp.com since i also wanted to get some of those new DHS D40+ balls.
Today i've picked up the parcel from the post office. It really got delivered fast, it was there on Thursday already but i missed their opening times due to work.
Really looking forward to try out the cleaner and gonna try it on my old National H3NEO​ to see if it does what it says it will do
Besides thank you to Mr. Wong from ttnpp. I've ordered three six packs of the D40+ but received 2 ten packs, so they've given me two balls extra for free!!
Thanks again!
Amazing service.

Ot Ot
04-15-2017, 02:23 PM
Suga D,

Let us know is the rubber cleaner good?

Thanks

Well, i couldn't resist my curiousity and ordered ten days ago some "Blütenkirsche" rubber cleaner for tacky rubbers from ttnpp.com since i also wanted to get some of those new DHS D40+ balls.
Today i've picked up the parcel from the post office. It really got delivered fast, it was there on Thursday already but i missed their opening times due to work.
Really looking forward to try out the cleaner and gonna try it on my old National H3NEO​ to see if it does what it says it will do
Besides thank you to Mr. Wong from ttnpp. I've ordered three six packs of the D40+ but received 2 ten packs, so they've given me two balls extra for free!!
Thanks again!
Amazing service.

Mumon
04-15-2017, 03:32 PM
My sweat is perfect. It keeps non-tacky rubbers like XP 2008 just grippy and it keeps tacky rubbers like H3 only semi-tacky, just like I like it.Can you bottle some and ship it?

James Livesey
04-15-2017, 10:12 PM
I actually apply vegetable oil to my top sheet every 2 weeks following Carl's advice. I clean my rubber with water and then dry with a sponge 1-2 times during practice matches to remove dust. and then to restore the tackiness clean the rubber with water and sponge and then pour 1/2 tsp of oil onto the top sheet and spread it out evenly with a finger. Then i gently lay a paper towel over to soak up any excess so that there is a very very light coating of oil. Let it soak in +5-15 min), press the trusty plastic protector on and wait till the next day. Should be able to pick up balls with sufficient tack. If the oil is on too thick, the top sheet will bubble and damage. I find this to be particularly the case at the base where the logo/lettering is wherein oil can get caught in the grooves and do damage. Be careful and never over zealous and you should be fine! Rebuying tacky rubbers is obviously better but expensive! I use rapeseed oil but i imagine more refined oils like baby oil may be better. Although, baby oil will have scents and added moisturisers which may be more harmful. It's also useful to note that after oiling the longer you wait the better the effect. You should at least wait 8 hours but longer is better. Having 2+ rubbers on rotation is not a bad idea. I've also heard that this is not a great idea for non tacky rubbers but cannot confirm with my own experience. As i understand​ this restores tackiness, not grip, so is useless for my completely non-tacky bh rubber.

James Livesey
04-15-2017, 10:16 PM
My sweat is perfect. It keeps non-tacky rubbers like XP 2008 just grippy and it keeps tacky rubbers like H3 only semi-tacky, just like I like it. hehe semi-tacky. I want all the tack! I had a massive problem at the start with sweat running from my fingers into my bh (pH problems). Sweat bands are amazing!

Suga D
04-16-2017, 12:20 AM
Suga D,

Let us know is the rubber cleaner good?

Thanks

I certainly will. Still a bit early now to say anything. I've put some on my old national H3NEO and some on a newer provincial H3NEO and left another H3Neo untouched to be able to have a comparison.
I'll let you know about the results in a couple of days.
Actually i don't really expect to increase the tack on the almost dead H3N, but what i'm rather hoping for is to be making the tack of the newer H3N last longer. So for this it will take some time to have a proper result.
But whatever the outcome, i'll keep you posted. Especially if i might be disappointed of the results.

If i may ask: what does Ot Ot stand for? Outta town, over time, off topic? Or something completely else?

Ot Ot
04-16-2017, 12:36 AM
Suga D,

Own time own target [emoji16]

Suga D
04-16-2017, 12:37 AM
I actually apply vegetable oil to my top sheet every 2 weeks following Carl's advice. I clean my rubber with water and then dry with a sponge 1-2 times during practice matches to remove dust. and then to restore the tackiness clean the rubber with water and sponge and then pour 1/2 tsp of oil onto the top sheet and spread it out evenly with a finger. Then i gently lay a paper towel over to soak up any excess so that there is a very very light coating of oil. Let it soak in +5-15 min), press the trusty plastic protector on and wait till the next day. Should be able to pick up balls with sufficient tack. If the oil is on too thick, the top sheet will bubble and damage. I find this to be particularly the case at the base where the logo/lettering is wherein oil can get caught in the grooves and do damage. Be careful and never over zealous and you should be fine! Rebuying tacky rubbers is obviously better but expensive! I use rapeseed oil but i imagine more refined oils like baby oil may be better. Although, baby oil will have scents and added moisturisers which may be more harmful. It's also useful to note that after oiling the longer you wait the better the effect. You should at least wait 8 hours but longer is better. Having 2+ rubbers on rotation is not a bad idea. I've also heard that this is not a great idea for non tacky rubbers but cannot confirm with my own experience. As i understand​ this restores tackiness, not grip, so is useless for my completely non-tacky bh rubber.

I think either you or me must have misunderstood something carl wrote.
Afaik oiling a brandnew rubber won't do you much of a favor since it most likely rather will shorten the life of your rubber.
This procedure is mostly meant for old and close to dead rubbers, 'cause what the oil does is changing up the alignment of the polymers of your rubber. So most likely this will work for a short period of time on a nearly dead rubber, but those time periods get shorter and shorter the more often you repeat them.
Maybe when Carl reads this he can chime in and shine some light on this.
And actually this method also works for non-tacky rubbers too, since it mostly restores the grip and not so much the tack. So that is a slight difference.
It has worked on my old Bluefire M2, on an old T05 and also on an old Rasant Grip too
[Emoji6]

Suga D
04-16-2017, 12:43 AM
Suga D,

Own time own target [emoji16]

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Hahaha. Lovely.
[Emoji2]
Thanks for the quick reply.
[Emoji106]

James Livesey
04-16-2017, 12:30 PM
It definitely restores tackiness, as before oiling you cannot pick up the ball, and afterwards you can! No need to do it on brand new rubbers, just when it's needed. IMO, if the ball bounces dead quickly on the rubber, and it becomes dirty after 15 minutes play, you probably don't need to oil it. Tack is most important for the short game and service imo, although it obviously adds spin on offensive shots. Only when the rubber has lost sufficient tack to decrease your 'feel' on the ball does it become a problem for looping, and usually there is always enough grip to compensate. Interesting that it works on euro style rubbers though, not that i would as my non tacky bh is so cheap and resilient. But with this method, a rubber usually lasts me 6 months, primarily because by then I've reboosted it too many times. This at least keeps the top sheet very viable. I play 4-5 times a week.

Suga D
04-16-2017, 05:49 PM
It definitely restores tackiness, as before oiling you cannot pick up the ball, and afterwards you can! No need to do it on brand new rubbers, just when it's needed. IMO, if the ball bounces dead quickly on the rubber, and it becomes dirty after 15 minutes play, you probably don't need to oil it. Tack is most important for the short game and service imo, although it obviously adds spin on offensive shots. Only when the rubber has lost sufficient tack to decrease your 'feel' on the ball does it become a problem for looping, and usually there is always enough grip to compensate. Interesting that it works on euro style rubbers though, not that i would as my non tacky bh is so cheap and resilient. But with this method, a rubber usually lasts me 6 months, primarily because by then I've reboosted it too many times. This at least keeps the top sheet very viable. I play 4-5 times a week.

Ah i see. I thought you do this treatment to a brandnew rubber too.
But as long as it works. Still i'm amazed by how often you do this without the rubber degrading mentionable.
My Revolution 3 rejuvenator which also contains oil shouldn't be used as often as that, 'cause it also softens the rubber's topsheet too much.

One of my friends told me about some stuff called Gecko cleaner. He said that stuff can even turn non-tacky rubbers into tacky ones. But i haven't seen it in any TT-shop yet, only on eBay.

James Livesey
04-17-2017, 02:44 PM
Hmmm the softening does sound very plausible. Given that the sponge is so hard on hurricane/skyline, a bit of softening in the top sheet doesn't sound like too much of a bad thing. Dhs stuff seems pretty tough. Have an h3 which is a year old and still playable albeit it's not great... Gecko cleaner looks pretty lit though. My completely non tacky bh could do with some tack for rpb serves. Atm Ive been considering h 3-50. Look forward to hearing about blutenkirsche though, and gecko.

gmiller2233
05-02-2017, 05:08 PM
Olive oil works great with Chinese tacky rubbers (999, DHS) but it does not work with a tack euro rubber like rising dragon. Just a FYI. I had high hopes that it would since rising dragon is a pretty good rubber when tacky, and for me not that good when tackiness has faded.

Der_Echte
05-03-2017, 12:53 AM
I say it every year on the forums... clean a Chinese rubber any which way, MOISTEN the rubber and apply plastic protective cover, leave overnight, then after a day or two that sucka is gunna be much much much moar tacky.

Ot Ot
05-03-2017, 12:25 PM
I say it every year on the forums... clean a Chinese rubber any which way, MOISTEN the rubber and apply plastic protective cover, leave overnight, then after a day or two that sucka is gunna be much much much moar tacky.

i use water to wipe off the rubber with my palm.

and cover with plastic sheet cover...next day will be tacky...for a 2hrs game.