SmartPong

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
I have just recently bought the Smartpong TJ3000A from tabletennisrobotuk.com, and wanted to share with the communities what a great piece of equipment it is. they are a small company based in leicester, and were such a help when i bought from them, offering great after sales care too!

the robot itself is wonderfull!
fully programmable shots and routines, and all done with one robot head. Ive had other robots by practice partner for similar prices, and they can alternate (mechanically) between 2 shots only.
this machine can do 9 shots in a routine, and ball placement is very consistent. my other robots always altered shots slightly as they 'warmed up' which wasnt particularly useful for shot practicing.

if anyone out there was considering the smartpong robot i would fully reccomend it

Brain vs Machine
Manual feeding in multi ball training is still the best..

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

reckon it would depend on how consistent the feeder is, for some robots that can produce a good "realistically like a player hit it" ball i would take the robot over a human feeder. but i think that this would only apply to basic drills, as soon as you need more advanced feeding a consistent human is definitely the better choice.

says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
Feb 2013
reckon it would depend on how consistent the feeder is, for some robots that can produce a good "realistically like a player hit it" ball i would take the robot over a human feeder. but i think that this would only apply to basic drills, as soon as you need more advanced feeding a consistent human is definitely the better choice.

Robot can't replace Human yet.. Humans can never produce the same ball two times, which robot always does. Variations are everything.

i reckon it depends on what you are looking to do, if you are looking to learn a new technique then getting a consistent ball would be most important. if a robot could do that then the inconsistency of the human feeder would work against you. if you are doing drills then depending on the drill requirements either a robot or a human would be able to do the job.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
i use the robot for drills, its nice to have an alternative trainer when not at my club!
some times a consistent feed is necessary (for me anyway) to practice shots. very useful for me when i keep getting beaten by a particular spin - i can come home and practice how to return the shot. not in any way denying a manual feeder has its place too :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
robot for beginners is great, but for intermediate and higher, human feeder is the best
I personally am not a fan of robots, as they cost a lot, have after sales issues and most importantly the spin, speed, sound, angle is not realistic enough