Tranditional penhold backhand block

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
I ussually place the ball near the handle, about 5~10cm from the handle of blade. I feel more control and easy to drive ball to the table. When you do this, the ball touch in where??

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I think it is more important that you decided firmly what you want to do and are in position, on balance, have a plan for the block and have the appropriate grip change for the block.

I think these things are 10,000 times more important than worrying over exactly where on the bat you will impact the ball. Usually, there isn't any time for that and if you try too hard deliberately to impact it somewhere, you will likely be making more errors.

I would say don't worry about that stuff, being prepared, on balance, ready with the right grip, (ex w/J-Pen, you gotta press your thumb on the handle for stability and knowing what you want to do to the ball and recovering will profit you a lot moar.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
I think it is more important that you decided firmly what you want to do and are in position, on balance, have a plan for the block and have the appropriate grip change for the block.

I think these things are 10,000 times more important than worrying over exactly where on the bat you will impact the ball. Usually, there isn't any time for that and if you try too hard deliberately to impact it somewhere, you will likely be making more errors.

I would say don't worry about that stuff, being prepared, on balance, ready with the right grip, (ex w/J-Pen, you gotta press your thumb on the handle for stability and knowing what you want to do to the ball and recovering will profit you a lot moar.

When you hold the bat where do you change pressure for a change in spin on blocks?