DHS NEO Hurricane 3 Tackiness Test

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Hi, i have also same experience about NH3 rubber's stickiness. Well..I think the result is not the same as vids. But it dosen't matter because the most important thing is not super-powerful tackiness but appropriate it, so you know.. you don't care how long does it hold up the ball. :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
I used my DHS Hurricane 3 blue sponge national version for almost one year. The tackiness is still the same as the first time played because I apply adhesive rubber protector after playing session.
Hi, i have known that adhesive cover is not good for tacky rubber as H3. i think self adhesive cover is for the sake of normal rubber, not sticky. Am i wrong?

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D

wan

This user has no status.

wan

This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Hi, i have known that adhesive cover is not good for tacky rubber as H3. i think self adhesive cover is for the sake of normal rubber, not sticky. Am i wrong?

For me it works fine with my H3 and Tenergy 64 that almost 1 years old too.
The grip of my T64 is still maintain and I only feel the reduction of speed maybe because of the effect of booster is losing day by day usage.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
If you is unhappy about the level of tackiness on Ur sticky Chinese topsheet, then try giving the topsheet a rubdown with lemon juice/olive oil. Wipe it in with fingers a full minute, wipe dry with a towel. Breath on topheet to moisten it a bit, an put on your normal non-sticky protective sheet. Be sure it adheres everywhere on the rubber. The next day you break it out, it will have as much tackiness as it will ever get.

This user has no status.
If you is unhappy about the level of tackiness on Ur sticky Chinese topsheet, then try giving the topsheet a rubdown with lemon juice/olive oil. Wipe it in with fingers a full minute, wipe dry with a towel. Breath on topheet to moisten it a bit, an put on your normal non-sticky protective sheet. Be sure it adheres everywhere on the rubber. The next day you break it out, it will have as much tackiness as it will ever get.

I have to mix olive oil and lemon or just one of them will do it? Thank you very much!

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
You could get by with the oil if the topsheet is clean. Lemon juice helps clean it. The oil is what restores some of the topsheet's properties of elasticity and some of the tack. Leaving it with a protector on will resoter Ur tack if the topsheet waz clean and there was a little moisture when you applied the protective sheet.

I know someone who stored their tacky rubber with a LOT of olive oil and put on the protective sheet when it was dripping wet, stored it like that for years and years later, when he broke it out, it was sticky tacky craziness.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Anyways, I think I'll return to my Bluefire JP01, H3 is just too slow for me.

Although I love the sound it makes ahahahah

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

If H3 is too slow for you the tackiness of the topsheet would not change that.

If you are used to a rubber like BlueFire, you might as well use that. Chinese rubbers require a different technique than Euro-Speed-Glue-Effect rubbers. Stick with what you used to develop your technique.

That is at least my thoughts on what you have said.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hello, I received my H3 today and I tried lifting the ball by pressing on top of it but it won't come up.

Also, for those suggesting cleaning the rubber or adding oil to the topsheet, those would probably be good ideas--better ideas if the rubber was old than if it is new--but it sounds like the rubber is brand new.

If you don't like it brand new, play with it one week. If you still don't like it, boost it. If you still don't like it, definitely go back to BlueFire.

H3 takes a few days and several hours of play for the rubber to break in. But don't worry about if the topsheet holds the ball. If it is a brand new H3 Neo and it is not a counterfeit, it should play like an H3 Neo. If after a week you don't like it, then go back to what you are already used to and like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Suga D and elrigo99
This user has no status.
Well, I've been playing a week because I was curious about why people find this rubber so interesting and I'm starting to get used to it. After I had the oil treatment on it, spin definitely improved, before that I had very little spin. I'm not sure why a rubber that came out of the package wasn't tacky, maybe because I accidentally let it gather dust. My forehand topspin improved a little bit having more control although I still find blocks very difficult to execute. Thank you for your advice by the way.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
If you are using h3 it is not good for blocking passively, you have to give it a little brush everytime or better you counter spin the ball instead of blocking..in using h3 it is very true like what Tony just said a few months ago.. "you have to work everything all the way up from footwork up.. diffrent style."

Reactions: Suga D
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
elrigo, the secret of good blocking is to be there on time ready to block it early. That is what gives you control. You are right over the ball, so you see it better and instinctively use a better blade angle. Also, the spin bites a LOT less right off the bounce. Plus, you get more possible severe angles to use. Combine that with some deft hand pressure and you can learn how to kill the spin and really mess up Ur enemies.

I block just fine with H3 or whatever is on my bat. The key is being there and taking it early.

Reactions: elrigo99