Is it bad or wrong to use rubber cleaner too much in your rubber?

says Hello Guys , I love Table Tennis Just like you guys...
says Hello Guys , I love Table Tennis Just like you guys...
Apr 2011
okay so my paddle keeps getting full of dust after i play so im always cleaning it .. for some reason i dont feel like my tenergy05 is the same as when i first got it.. :( im i using to much rubber cleaner?
someone PLEASE answer..

energy_foam.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Not sure if its bad for your rubber. All I know is nobody in my club is using any cleaner. We just ?exhale? on our rubbers so they get a little wet and whipe it off with your t shirt.

Btw I wouldnt use the sticky things you get when you buy a new rubber. They say its better when you stick them on your rubber when you are done playing but its bull****. They become dusty and you just put it on your rubber.

My suggestion, dont waste your money on cleaning products or anything. Just a little water will do or what I said above.

Reactions: nivekkan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Monthly once i used to clean my old training bat's rubber with sunflower oil. I just used to apply some 3-4 drops n spread it out with a brush... then wipe it with a cloth n leave it to dry.. it regains its tackiness n rubber's performance is good for another one month.. This is just to revive old rubbers.. :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Not sure if its bad for your rubber. All I know is nobody in my club is using any cleaner. We just ?exhale? on our rubbers so they get a little wet and whipe it off with your t shirt.

Btw I wouldnt use the sticky things you get when you buy a new rubber. They say its better when you stick them on your rubber when you are done playing but its bull****. They become dusty and you just put it on your rubber.

My suggestion, dont waste your money on cleaning products or anything. Just a little water will do or what I said above.

That is BS, my friend.

You can use the cleaner, after your playing or training session.
Than, use the sticky things, but make sure they are clean, so wash them under the sink with some water. The stickyness remains after washing! You can use some soap to clean the sheets also.

Here is a good movie:

Reactions: nivekkan
i have a dhs h3 neo and everyafter a game i clean it with a wet sponge and until now that its 4 months old it's still super tacky much better than ever just sharing

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
That is BS, my friend.

You can use the cleaner, after your playing or training session.
Than, use the sticky things, but make sure they are clean, so wash them under the sink with some water. The stickyness remains after washing! You can use some soap to clean the sheets also.

Here is a good movie:

I used a cleaner years back and my rubbers didnt last as long as they do now.

Nobody in my club is using a cleaner. My rubbers last for about 3-4 months (playing 4-5 times a week).

So I guess you dont really need to use cleaners.

About the sticky things you might be right if you say it like that. But I'm too lazy to wash the dust of the sticky sheets, so I used to put them on my rubbers and then all the dust was still on it. Not using them anymore cos I dont think my rubbers last longer when im using those sticky things.

on topic: water and a sponge will do.

This user has no status.
i used the sponged used to clean cars, i think they call it shamay, dont really know how it's spelled, the think is that everyone in my club uses that, you wet it enough to clean your rubber, and then i put some nittaku autoadhesive protectors, and uff...its just perfect, the thing is u need to keep clean your protectors, with water you can clean them and the adhesive part will not come off...
blessings