PDA

View Full Version : Do profesional players get different rubbers than the ones we get in store?

TTStefanoT05FX
04-27-2011, 11:58 PM
Do you think pros get different rubbers than the ones we get in stores? ive heard dhs hurricane has two versions , the national one (which you have to be pro or really good to get ) and the one we can get in shops..

kaikaz
04-28-2011, 12:06 AM
Yep they do get different rubbers.

I've been told the factories make one big square rubber and from that big piece they cut the rubbers you see when you buy it. But the middle part of this big square they make in the factory is the best part and goes to the pro players and the outside of the big square goes to the shops.

I had the chance to play with used rubbers from a pro player and they really play different, maybe it was just in my head.

poltery
04-28-2011, 12:52 AM
the rubbers of PRO's are pre tuned by the factory to make it right to their classification

azlan
04-28-2011, 07:51 AM
They certainly do. They go to the extreme that some may even have their rubbers custom made..they may use different sponge that normally being sold in stores

YosuaYosan
04-28-2011, 09:06 AM
Of course they do.
The factories tuned it, and they also use the specialized material, the best ones you know.

unagidon
04-28-2011, 06:54 PM
if the factorise already tune the rubbers. why in the video ma lin needs to apply booster onto his rubbers?

dici
04-28-2011, 07:47 PM
I'm not sure why Ma Lin want to boost, or he did boost or not. But you can try to look for the DHS Hurricane province version rubber online. You may see that the rubber is at least 4x ~ 5x of domestic Hurricane rubber price.