Soft/Hard Sponge

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
I'd prefer to balanced them out, eg: hard wood (stiff feeling) with a softer sponge.. But with great control, Hard wood + hard sponge = explosive power though.. and softer sponge + softer wood means you'll have more control for your play.. CMIIW :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
I'd prefer to balanced them out, eg: hard wood (stiff feeling) with a softer sponge.. But with great control, Hard wood + hard sponge = explosive power though.. and softer sponge + softer wood means you'll have more control for your play.. CMIIW :p
that's also my opinion,combining soft sponge to hard/stiff blades to balance the power and control depending on your playing style...but some soft sponge has more spring effect, therefore if combined with hard blades it'll be powerful...well each stuff has different characteristics so i see to it that it suits my style...

Reactions: RyanLol
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Surfing on the internet I found out that usually hard sponge works better on a harder blade and viceversa for the soft sponge. Is this true? And if so, why (meaning what the consequences are, not the scientifical explanation, although you can put it if you want lol)?
Perhaps it also depends on your playing style but as a looper, I think the opposite, usually hard sponge/rubber works better for me on a softer blade. And vice versa. I think most loopers like hard rubber on a softer blade. And hitters like soft rubber on harder blade.