Old Rubbers spin

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Hi
i want to ask u that what oil or anything other i can use on my tt bat rubbers to increase its spin and tackiness???
Because table tennis rubbers are expensive...
Tnx alot and I'm sorry for my poor English!!!

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Depends on what you got.

If it is tacky rubber, you can clean the crap outta it and use some veggie oil on topsheet. Rub it in with fingers for a minute, wipe off as dry as you can. Mositen rubber with breath and immediately apply non-sticky plastic protective sheet. Be sure it adheres to all of the rubber. One night under the sheet will bring back whatever tack you will get back.

The same clean and oil trick can work for non-tacky rubbers that are only grippy, like say Sriver. The oil (if you do not over-do it) will restore a lot of the topsheet elasticity. It will not make a grippy rubber tacky.

If the topsheet is heavily oxidized, there is not a lot you can do. Lemon juice/olive oil will restore some, but not all your original properites. Heavily oxidated rubbers are candidates for the trash can. XP 2008 Super Power costs under $10 a sheet so it will not cost you your left arm or of Ur testes. :)

Reactions: RyanLol
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Thanks alot but which kind of oil I can use for Better spin???
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_1023 using Tapatalk

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Use what you got, any veggie oil does it. The oil doesn't make your rubber spinnier, but a good cleaning of the rubber and some oil to restore some of the elasticity of the topsheet produces some restoration of original properties. (If the topsheet has poor elasticity, you will not get much spin from a grippy rubber) (That is why 15 yr old sheets of rubber get hard and play like anti) If the topsheet is heavily oxidated, give it up, there is only a small possibility of improved performance using a cleaning/oil treatment to the topsheet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
ı have a very old chinese rubber and ı use it like antispin