Hello from Hong Kong

This user has no status.
Hi Everyone,

I am Peter. I am used to be a shakehand player, but yesterday I tried playing in penhold particularly in RPB style. Unexpectedly the result was good as long as the angle is correct, and my coach said my backhand is more spinny and powerful than I used to be in shakehand style. The only problem is I have to practice the forehand strokes again.

Previously using Viscaria when playing as a shakehand player, now going to change to Ma Lin Carbon.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
The RPB is so powerful maybe because of my Viscaria + Tenergy 64.... plus I am a backhand-oriented player. So I learn it unexpectedly quick.
I really want to know, What is the RPB? Is that Reverse Penholder Blade? My English is not good so i can not understand when you use an abbreviation.:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I really want to know, What is the RPB? Is that Reverse Penholder Blade? My English is not good so i can not understand when you use an abbreviation.:)

RPB is reverse penhold backhand - stroke.
Chinese Penhold and Japanese Penhold both can do this stroke.

Ma Lin Carbon, does not come in Japanese Penhold version,

Reactions: RyanLol
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yup RPB just mean playing backhand stroke with the reverse side of the racket.
My coach recommended Ma Lin Carbon for playing in RPB but for budget constraint I just stay with my Viscaria lol not too bad though.

Welcome to the forum, and welcome to CPen :)

Don't you find it unconfortable with the sharp edges where the fingers go over the handle?
Or did you sand your shakehand Viscaria?