Keep or Replacement blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Professionals change blades pretty often.
Wood is considered life, and the more you use it, the more it loose life.
Of course the professionals get blades as close to they prefered spec as possible.

For commerical market, your new blade may not be better than your old blade
And as amateur players, your blade might not loose life as quickly, due to the limit hours of usage etc.

But if there is any damage/dent, it all effects the overall balance of the blade etc

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Read 6 reviews
Professionals change blades pretty often.
Wood is considered life, and the more you use it, the more it loose life.
Of course the professionals get blades as close to they prefered spec as possible.

For commerical market, your new blade may not be better than your old blade
And as amateur players, your blade might not loose life as quickly, due to the limit hours of usage etc.

But if there is any damage/dent, it all effects the overall balance of the blade etc

Just wondering tony but, i just got my blade last December and play about 2-4 times a week. When do you recommend i should change my blade?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
You are NOT a cool amature TT pimp player unless you have at LEAST 3-4 extra bats made from exotic models decked out with expensive modern rubbers touted around in several of latest branded TT bags.

At least that is the word on the street.

Who said being a TT pimp player was inexpensive or easy?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
I think as long as the blade isn't damaged, you can play with the same one for as long as it suits your game. I have many blades that are well over 4 years old, and I see no reason to replace them. I actually buy most of my blades used as well.