backhand advice T05fx vs. T64

This user has no status.
Hello my lovely tt community :)

Im playing a Xiom Vega Pro on my backhand right now and Im looking for something softer and something with a little bit more feeling. I decided to try a T64 or a T05fx, but Im not sure which one of these two.

A little bit to know about me: I need definitely a fast rubber which suits all wood blades. Furthermore I prefer non catapulty rubbers, I am a little bit sensitive to the bounciness of rubbers, the feeling the rubbers are being alive by theirself. Thats why Im not the biggest fan of ESN rubbers.

So there are the 2 things I have to take care of, 1. bounce/catapult effect and 2. throw.

I remembered playing the normal T05 on my backhand didnt work well because it was too much high throw it didnt suit my looping technique, I was looping the most of the topspins from backhand side over the table. So it has to be a little bit lower throw than T05. Rubbers like Xiom Vega Asia or Vega Europe are to bouncy for me and I dont like this neither.

So whats your opinion? Hard selected T05fx or normal T64? Which of these has more catapult? What about throw?

Im playing on my forehand always H3 and my blade is Stiga Rosewood V and XO (right now im always switching).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Hello butt stallion I havent played with T64 much but I think T05FX is one of the most allround rubbers out there. Definetely less bouncy than T05 and with more dwell time in soft touches and shots. T05 is for hard attacks, T05FX is better. A good choice would also be donic acuda or yasaka rakza 7 soft if you dont like T05FX

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am playing with 05FX on my backhand and really like how it works for me. But, both are good rubbers. I believe 64 has a lower throw than 05FX. The next time I change rubbers I will have 64 on my backhand because that is what I have lined up. But, 05FX is what I want.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hey, thanks for the info. @upsidedowncarl:

have you ever tried your T05fx on a bouncy all wood blade like Rosewood? Because all the carbon blades take the bounciness of most of the rubbers away...

Yep. I have tried it many times on a Rosewood. I have a friend who has a Rosewood XO with 05FX on both sides. To me it felt great. I have another friend who has a Rosewood V NCT and it feels pretty good on that as well. Everyone is different. For me, I can get the ball to sink into the topsheet and sponge and really spin the ball well with my backhand when I am using 05FX. It feels really good for flipping and has amazing control for blocking. On my blade, when I am blocking someone whose loops are erratic (change of spin, speed and/or placement) I will turn to my 05FX for blocking because of how much control it has and how I can slow the ball down if I want to, when I block with it.

Reactions: Butt Stallion
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Hi BS. I saw your post on mytt as well.
Here is my advice. I have played with T64 on my BH for almost 3 season now and have tried many other rubbers incl. T05FX. As many other people already mentioned T64 have lower throw than other Tenergy's and the T64 grips the ball more due to the larger pimple distance. This make the rubber great at BH flipping. The bounciness you can't avoid with the Tenergy series but it is something you can adjust to.

When playing the T64 it need a high load to "activate" the rubbers potential which make the rubber great when push blocking. Due to the low throw you can keep the blocks low.

Reactions: Butt Stallion
This user has no status.
Thanks for the advices. Im gonna try T64 first because I can get it a little bit cheaper and if it doesnt work well, Im gonna try the T05fx. My backhand game consists of a lot of blocking, quick driving and looping, I use more the full arm to accelerate and create spin than my wrist so I guess T64 could be the better choice for me... Im gonna let you know how itll worked out!

Reactions: bachikho
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
I think tenergy64 isn't good for amateur player backhand
I use blue fire jp 03 on my backhand it is incredible!
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_1023 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
I used to play with T64 on BH but now I'm testing 80fx and I like it very much! Maybe consider that as an option also.