PDA

View Full Version : How to Glue a Shrinking Rubberr

elrigo99
07-14-2014, 03:06 PM
Hi, to glue a shrinking rubber (such as T05) what are the steps? Should I let the glue dry before cutting? And should I press it to make it stick well?

the_gift
07-14-2014, 06:04 PM
I don't think there is some special ways to glue shrinking rubber, just glue as usual.
Actually, i'm cutting rubber immediately after gluing, but i'm not pressing on the rubber, just placing well on the blade and using some kind of roller like glass bottle to make it stick.

Der_Echte
07-15-2014, 04:05 AM
Edge tape will add a lot of life to your Tenergy, WIDE edge tape, 10mm size if you use both side inverted rubbers. You really need to cover the sponge or it really gasses out too fast.

TurboZ
07-15-2014, 06:53 AM
I will draw the shape of blade on the sponge first, then trace the line and cut with scissors. After that apply glue on both sponge and blade. The rubber will expand a little and cover the blade with some overhang. If it shrink later it should still be able to cover the whole blade face.

Der_Echte
07-15-2014, 09:10 PM
Cutting a little extra is fine, but if it is more than 1 mm over, it is difficult to cover with edge tape and the sponge gasses out too fast and shrinks in a hurry. Not all modern rubbers do this, but T05 sheets I got (when I played using T05 from 2010-2011) were pretty bad about that. If I was careless about my cutting job and edge tape, I would barely get two full weeks out of a sheet of T05 before it went downhill in a hurry. With good cut and edge tape, I could get three weeks of 80%+ performance, reglue it for another couple weeks of 80% performance and the sheet was ready to come screaming off.

elrigo99
07-16-2014, 01:23 AM
Hmm and how do you cut the rubber? The way I cut it is absolutelt indecent.

Bishop Rasta 27
07-16-2014, 02:05 AM

i believe there is no fix for these already...unless i would buy new sponge...the sponge is smaller than any size of blade already.....this is a palio cj8000 biotech, still new, hit with it a few times before the topsheet was detached from the sponge...then the sponge begun to shrink huhuhuhu...what do you think?

i think gluing is the cause of sponge shrinking...when i glued this to my bat, i used a water based voc free glue...that' s what i had observed with voc free water based glues, they tend to sink to the sponge easily and also dries up quick on the blade, that is why i had this feeling to slap the rubber sheet quickly to the blade so it will stick...

do you experience the same guys, how to properly use voc free waterbased glue?

Mayank Pangtey
07-25-2014, 10:30 AM
Do u re glue your tx 05 every 2 weeks
What is the rationale and appropriate time for andro rassant and coppa gold donic
Thanks for your input Der

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

suhud
07-28-2014, 05:02 AM
IMHO, I think it's not recommended rolling the top sheet , better way is simply push it with heavy thick book .
thanks