How to Glue a Shrinking Rubberr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
I don't think there is some special ways to glue shrinking rubber, just glue as usual.
Actually, i'm cutting rubber immediately after gluing, but i'm not pressing on the rubber, just placing well on the blade and using some kind of roller like glass bottle to make it stick.

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Cutting a little extra is fine, but if it is more than 1 mm over, it is difficult to cover with edge tape and the sponge gasses out too fast and shrinks in a hurry. Not all modern rubbers do this, but T05 sheets I got (when I played using T05 from 2010-2011) were pretty bad about that. If I was careless about my cutting job and edge tape, I would barely get two full weeks out of a sheet of T05 before it went downhill in a hurry. With good cut and edge tape, I could get three weeks of 80%+ performance, reglue it for another couple weeks of 80% performance and the sheet was ready to come screaming off.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

i believe there is no fix for these already...unless i would buy new sponge...the sponge is smaller than any size of blade already.....this is a palio cj8000 biotech, still new, hit with it a few times before the topsheet was detached from the sponge...then the sponge begun to shrink huhuhuhu...what do you think?

i think gluing is the cause of sponge shrinking...when i glued this to my bat, i used a water based voc free glue...that' s what i had observed with voc free water based glues, they tend to sink to the sponge easily and also dries up quick on the blade, that is why i had this feeling to slap the rubber sheet quickly to the blade so it will stick...

do you experience the same guys, how to properly use voc free waterbased glue?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Do u re glue your tx 05 every 2 weeks
What is the rationale and appropriate time for andro rassant and coppa gold donic
Thanks for your input Der

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk