PDA

View Full Version : My 40+ Balls and Gears

TurboZ
07-23-2014, 02:24 AM
Bought some 40+ balls, rubbers and blades I can find from taobao. Just received the 3 star balls yesterday so I have not play with them yet. Doing some bounce test and both seamed DHS and DF balls are similar and stop sooner than C balls. On the other hand both seamless Palio and XSF bounce much longer and higher then seamed P and C balls. They are all bright white and old balls are yellow in comparison.

DF 3 star is not round. XSF is the best in roundness. DHS is similar and Palio is not bad. Only test one each so may not be 100% accurate. And a DHS 1 star is not round like the DF 3 star.

I have TA5 on HL5 BH. It is 35 degree but feel harder than T05. Perfect match to HL5 and both are classed as 40+ gears. But the whole setup is a very heavy 205g. Must be due to the larger than normal head size. I only use 1 layer of WBG without any tuning so it may not suit everyone.

I bought the whole series of six Palio Energy 40+ blades because they are dirt cheap. All six add up cheaper than half piece of tenergy. I have seller glue them for me with a mix of 40+ and normal rubbers from Palio and Kokutaku. 2 blades are all wood, 2 with carbon and 2 with fiber in different combination of plys ranging from 3 ply wood to 5 wood 4 fibers and 6 wood 2 carbons. Too bad the seller did not send me the rubber packages after assembling.

Palio 40+ rubbers are soft and bouncy. Kokutaku rubbers for seamless balls are very hard. Amazingly both approach suits the new ball just fine. Of course they are perfect to play with C balls as well. They all use current rubber names like Amigo, Drunken Dragon, 868 and 007.

Waiting for Stiga Airoc and Donic P balls from Dandoy. Donic is the only orange balls available for now. Can't buy orange Chinese balls yet.

I think I am well prepared. :)

MDanielCRO
07-23-2014, 07:52 AM
I also have some Donic balls that are already used in WSA for practice. I don't like them so much but it's not hard to adjust to it, it will not be any problem. But there are already reviews of the balls and I agree with all. We are all now waiting for new rubbers and blades reviews with new balls:)

Giangt
07-23-2014, 08:46 AM
Nice TurboZ! Looking forward to some more detailed review on those combos :) I think TA5 is causing the heigh weight. I have two similar setups where one is TA5 and the other is T64, where the former rubber is +10g heavier.

TurboZ
07-24-2014, 01:59 PM
Nice TurboZ! Looking forward to some more detailed review on those combos :) I think TA5 is causing the heigh weight. I have two similar setups where one is TA5 and the other is T64, where the former rubber is +10g heavier.

Thanks for the tips. I plan to replace TA3 with TA5 on my HHao3 cpen but it is already 192g. I don't think I can handle a 200g+ cpen with RPB. Might wait for the upcoming H8 and see if it is any better. It should be available anytime soon.

(Is there a crash of site and data lost in the last 12 hours? I see many post gone missing.)

AhsanCH
07-24-2014, 10:21 PM
In the beginning it is difficult to get used but they are quite nice and good...

Escobar
07-25-2014, 09:57 AM
In Germany theres still no chance to get them yet so easily

TurboZ
07-25-2014, 01:48 PM
After a day of hard workout the balls are all smudge. Lucky no casualty so far. May be we did not hit them hard enough? :)

Only brought 2 Palio blades with me, the Energy 01 (3W) and Energy 06 (6W2C). They represent the slowest and fastest in the series. They are all 7mm thick and hard. Solid contact is needed for the seamless ball so I believe they got it right to go hard on blades. Palio 40+ Amigo rubber on 06 is soft, tacky and bouncy. Perfect fit between hard blade and soft rubber with the new balls. The 3 ply Energy 01 has strong vibration. With the very hard and tacky Kokutaku 007 for Seamless Ball rubber, it is not as pleasant to use. Still you have solid power to drive the ball with ease if hard rubber is your cup of tea.

One thing I find most disturbing is that we are not dealing with old and new balls, but actually Celluloid, Seam and Seamless balls. The three play with big differences and can't be mixed. Quite surprising to me that the biggest difference in play is between the 2 new balls and the C balls being in the middle.

The low bounce nature of Seam balls actually giving me most trouble. You can forget about 1 star DHS, they even bounce lower than the already low bounce 3 star. I see no lack of spin with this ball. A player serve strong and short back spin to me and I keep putting the ball to the net even with pushing. Later we changed back to C balls and I have no trouble returning his serves. Very weird feeling. Could be the low bounce keep getting me.

Being slower, less spin and high bounce, Seamless is the most easy to play with. I am always weak against LP. But today I felt like a few levels up with Seamless ball. I can keep the ball on the table with push and loop much longer than usual and kill it when the ball goes high. Thank you very much.

If ittf choose Seam balls, most club will have no choice but follow, and I don't think there is any meaning for training with Seamless unless you are not going out to play with people outside your circle. The situation is so sad.

I wish they can fix the low bounce issue soon and bring it up to Celluloid level as promised. Otherwise I think many people's game including mine will be mess. :p

agold
07-25-2014, 07:18 PM
If ittf choose Seam balls, most club will have no choice but follow, and I don't think there is any meaning for training with Seamless unless you are not going out to play with people outside your circle. The situation is so sad.

First of all, thanks for the information. Does the quote above mean that ittf will not be using seamed and seamless balls in IN tourneys? That's good, and I hope, based on your review, that they choose seamless ;)

Der_Echte
07-25-2014, 07:46 PM
I bet lunch they choose the better seamed balls, heavier, truer bounce and more solid.

Der_Echte
07-25-2014, 07:47 PM
Hey Abe, look for wherever they are doing the Korean American Labor Day tourney this year in NYC, I will likely be there. I bet lunch they will use celluloid balls at that tourney and IF my first bet is wrong, I but you lunch at the venue.

TurboZ
07-25-2014, 11:27 PM
First of all, thanks for the information. Does the quote above mean that ittf will not be using seamed and seamless balls in IN tourneys? That's good, and I hope, based on your review, that they choose seamless ;)

It is said that ITTF had officially chosen the new DHS 40+ seamed balls to use in ittf tournaments for the next 2 years. There is not much help using Palio 40+ gears to play with the new DHS balls. They must be designed with their own Seamless balls in mind.

agold
07-25-2014, 11:28 PM
It is said that ITTF had officially chosen the new DHS 40+ seamed balls to use in ittf tournaments for the next 2 years. There is not much help using Palio 40+ gears to play with the new DHS balls. They must be designed with their own Seamless balls in mind.

Ok. Thank you.

TurboZ
07-28-2014, 02:24 AM
The DHS ball survive the first day of play but not the second, thanks to a Jpen hard hitter.

Baal
07-28-2014, 04:16 AM
There are serious issues regarding the durability of the seamed balls currently available made in China (Joola, DHS, Stiga, Donic, DF, etc.). They play ok but I am guessing they are still a work in progress, even though ITTF has approved them. Today I got to play with a made in Japan Nittaku 40+ ball (not yet generally available) and it was much much better to play with. It bounces exactly the same as the Nittaku celluloid (whereas the DHS balls bounce lower and the ridiculous seamless XSF balls bounce higher). I don't know how the Nittaku balls will be regarding durability, but they play more like celluloid than either of the other kind (although still a little slower and less spinny). Once they become available generally that is the only one I will use by choice. Hopefully in the fullness of time, the other company's balls will reach that standard.

TurboZ
07-30-2014, 03:51 AM
Play with a DF 3 star for 2 hours after some warm up with DHS. The first impression of changing to DF is that it is lighter and not as stoney. Still bounce low but seems closer to C balls than DHS. No breakage so far. Also it is the cheapest of the 4 so it stands out from the rest for now.

TurboZ
08-06-2014, 11:24 AM
Got a few Donic balls and they play very much like Double Fish. Too bad it has the same durability as DHS and crack in the second session total not reaching 2 hours of play. This time it was a shakehand hard hitter. May be from now on I will restrict my use of 40+ balls to loopers and choppers only. ;)

Also bought an Intensity Carbon with BF JP01 Turbo FH and Airoc M BH. They got about the same hardness and bounce with BF feeling a tad more powerful. Airoc has the similar rough surface as Tour but not matte. You can feel the grip very well this time. Contact is solid and throw is mid-high so it fits the new ball perfectly. Spin is average but adequate I would say. Control is high without excessive bounce. The whole setup weights only 175g. Interest to see if Xu Xin would consider an equipment change in the new ball era.

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6250&stc=1
http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6251&stc=1http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6253&stc=1

mahomedy13
08-06-2014, 12:39 PM
how does the airoc play with the celluloid ball?
Is it comparable to tenergy?
Speed,spin,control etc?
I might consider it as a bh rubber.

TurboZ
08-07-2014, 12:45 AM
Speed,spin,control etc?

To be honest I see nothing magically unique to this rubber. It is not the fastest nor spiniest but not lacking. Control and short game is nice without excessive bounce. Has the hardness of T05. Don't know if Stiga has any plan to release H version of it later. Airoc S may suit BH better but personally like harder rubber for RPB. Adjust to the throw and you are good to go with any ball.

Baal
08-07-2014, 01:58 AM
How are your DF balls doing? Breaking like the others?

TurboZ
08-07-2014, 06:55 AM
Luckily no casualty for DF so far after 2 hours of play. I think that is probably due to different player style and environment, not the ball is made more durable itself. All 3 balls were used in 3 different places with different players. DF was play in a room with thin board wall so damage of impact is greatly reduced. As it is the cheapest in the group I think I will stick with it if I want more. I have not play with seamless much but I have a feeling that they are more durable than seamed.

TurboZ
08-10-2014, 09:45 AM
Play with Palio 3 star and DHS 1 star yesterday for a total of 2.5 hours. They survived the day. No hard hitter and smasher this time. All loops, block and chop. I plan to kill all the DHS 1 star before going back to 3 star. $2 a piece is a painful lot for merely an hour of play.

The easy to play Palio is so obvious in comparison. The high bounce gave me plenty of time to think and react. On the other hand the DHS 1 star is making life hard. The fast drop and low bounce meant I have to get into position much faster and giving me less time to react so it is indeed harder to play than celluloid even people claim there are less spin and speed.

After watching the few days of CTTSL with the new DHS 2 toned balls, I see no less serve receive error or even service error for that matter comparing to celluloid. Also there is no long rally as predicted by reduction of spin and speed. It looks to me that all players are working harder than before and never easier. Personally I felt so exhausted after 2.5 hours of play with poly balls exclusively. Something I didn't fell even with 4 hours with celluloid.

I don't know. May be if the pro use seamless balls the game will be more interesting to watch. Less service error and longer rally for sure. That is not a bad thing.

Palio ball has that infamous cracking sound, but I find that the Palio 40+ carbon blade and rubber strike with a loud "Bong" which is pretty sweet pairing with the sound of seamless ball. Something not the Stiga Intensity Carbon and Airoc/BF can match.

TurboZ
08-12-2014, 05:05 AM

Finally get to play the XSF 3 star today. It really is pretty neat as many have said. Bounce and speed may still be little off comparing to celluloid, but no surprise there and adjustment is minimum. Too bad XSF does not have the power to compete with the giant DHS, so if DHS go seamed and the market has no choice but follow. Seamless won't be able to survive much longer I am afraid. But if it is just me than I will pick XSF any day.

Baal
08-13-2014, 02:34 AM
I'm looking forward to getting my XSF balls to try. (I had tried an earlier non-approved version and thought it was bad), but you are not the only one who has reported liking this approved version. Your comment reinforces my suspicion that the most annoying thing about Chinese seamed balls is the weird bounce. The one time I played with a Nittaku Japan plastic ball I liked it a lot better, and it's bounce is the same as celluloid. Obviously the increase in size matters some, but my guess is that will in the end bother me less.

TurboZ
08-14-2014, 01:38 AM
I'm looking forward to getting my XSF balls to try. (I had tried an earlier non-approved version and thought it was bad), but you are not the only one who has reported liking this approved version. Your comment reinforces my suspicion that the most annoying thing about Chinese seamed balls is the weird bounce. The one time I played with a Nittaku Japan plastic ball I liked it a lot better, and it's bounce is the same as celluloid. Obviously the increase in size matters some, but my guess is that will in the end bother me less.

Hope you also like the XSF balls when you get it. I played exclusively with DF yesterday because it did not break through out the day (about 2 hours). I am impressed. :o

TurboZ
08-15-2014, 08:11 AM
I have a question. Anyone find DHS 1 star more durable than 3 star? Is there any difference in material and process of making? I have played with a 1 star DHS several times and it is still in one piece. I wish my 3 star can last that long.

Play with a division A player today with the 1 star. Did not tell him the ball is new material. I think he did not notice anything because he did not say a word. He misjudged a few shots and miss the table so I managed to take one game off him. That is a first. :)

To be honest I see no reduction of spin or speed on his hand. I still have major trouble returning his serves, smash and counter loop. All are equally fast and spiny. And I must say he did go easy on me most of the time. :o

martin22
08-15-2014, 03:29 PM
I tried Donic 40+ balls, and in my opinion they are very unpredictable, bounces after same shots are totally different.

TurboZ
08-16-2014, 06:09 AM
I tried Donic 40+ balls, and in my opinion they are very unpredictable, bounces after same shots are totally different.

Did you check if the ball is totally round?

TurboZ
10-01-2014, 01:42 PM
Just bought more 40+ equipements.

Yasaka Rakza X on Silver 9. My new favourite.
Xiom OV Europe and OV Tour on ZXi.
Butterfly T64 on Jun SZLC. (The blade was released on July so I would treat it as 40+ compatible :))
Donic JP01 Turbo on World Champ 89 Persson. (40+ or not this is definitely the best from Donic)
Stiga Emerald with Andro Rasant PG and Grip. So far I play my best with it.
Stiga Intensity Carbon with Donic JP01 Turbo and Stiga Airoc M.
DHS Hurricane Long 5 with TinArc 5.

And more balls from Stiga, Nittaku SHA, Andro, Tibhar.

I always thought the green sponge of Andro Rasant series will not look good on any blade but they match perfectly with the new tone of Stiga Emerald and the new Stiga case in green.

persistence
10-01-2014, 01:57 PM
in our club we just bought some DHS 40+ balls not the two toned ones but the DHS ones that r in the picture but to be honest they feel the same as the old ball i didnt even know that it was the new ball until i read it on the ball

raazzz
10-01-2014, 03:42 PM
I also have some Donic balls that are already used in WSA for practice. I don't like them so much but it's not hard to adjust to it, it will not be any problem. But there are already reviews of the balls and I agree with all. We are all now waiting for new rubbers and blades reviews with new balls:)

I have also tried the new Donic balls, for me it had a tendency to easily break. Did you have the same problem?

raazzz
10-01-2014, 06:44 PM
Speed,spin,control etc?

I play with Airoc M on both fh and bh and I think it's very good. According to Stiga Airoc is made for the polyball but i think it works great with the celluloid ball to. Yogi_bear have made a great review on Airoc M check it out to get some good answer on your other questions.

Baal
10-02-2014, 03:33 AM
Hope you also like the XSF balls when you get it. I played exclusively with DF yesterday because it did not break through out the day (about 2 hours). I am impressed. :o

You are absolutely correct. There is no comparison. The XSF ball is an absolutely superior product in every way -- roundness, bounce, durability. The difference is very noticeable and it has been consistent for the last month that I have been using these balls. The only seamed ball I have tried in the same league is a single Nittaku Japan 40+ ball that Jim Butler had (and he only had the one ball). All of the other seamed balls I have tried are just bad in comparison -- DHS, DF, Nittaku SHA, Joola, TSP, Stiga, Donic. The thing they all have that I really dislike is a very low bounce and terrible durability. All of them. They are all made by the same process it seems (only two factories_, and I have found no consistent difference among them, although other people do. (All of the ones I have been able to try were made in June based on the code on the box). The ones I have seen the most are from DHS, Joola and DF. Nobody in my club much likes them and this comprises a range of levels from about 1500 to 2600, and the better the players are, the more they dislike them.

Among polyballs, only XSF bounces like celluloid, and that has been true with boxes made in March, April and June. And so that makes an easy adjustment. Like I said, vastly superior. So far everybody who has tried them at my club has liked them. Some of the guys who play a lot of tournaments don't want to use them because they say they will like them too much and they need to train with the balls they will actually be seeing in competition. That is really unfortunate.

Coisox
03-05-2015, 05:38 AM
I bought the whole series of six Palio Energy 40+ blades
Hi, I'm new here. Could you please review/compare about the sound on Energy03 vs Energy06 vs ZXi? Which one sound most solid 'tick tick tick' (like throwing ping pong ball on wall or floor) or most empty 'tong tong tong' (like cheap carbon blade eg Yinhe T6). If you happen to have Palio TCT as well, kindly include it in comparison.

Thank so so much.

TurboZ
03-05-2015, 08:13 AM
Hi, I'm new here. Could you please review/compare about the sound on Energy03 vs Energy06 vs ZXi? Which one sound most solid 'tick tick tick' (like throwing ping pong ball on wall or floor) or most empty 'tong tong tong' (like cheap carbon blade eg Yinhe T6). If you happen to have Palio TCT as well, kindly include it in comparison.

Thank so so much.

You are welcome! As I have cheap training Palio rubbers (around USD2 each) on all Palio blades except E06 Cpen with Amigo 40+ so it is hard to compare directly with ZXi and Omega 5. Still the E06 is simply the best among the series. Sound metallic (pong) with nice bounce. E03 is quite ordinary in sound (tak) and bounce. Both are hard and thick with no vibration. I would say the 3 ply all wood E01 feels hollow with strong vibration. ZXi is soft and bouncy with right touch of vibration. I never use TCT so can't comment on it.

raazzz
03-05-2015, 10:21 PM

Very different from ball to ball, but I agree to many of them are not round enough.

aznalanx32
03-08-2015, 05:31 AM
So impressed by your dedication to this.

Der_Echte
03-08-2015, 04:22 PM
Seamed Poly Balls perform WORSE than crappy ONE STAR Celluloid Training Balls. The current crop of seamed Poly Balls (except Nittaku Premium 40+ which is a true bouncing ball) should be decertified for competition IMMEDIATELY and relegated to training balls, and even then that is too good for these balls.

Not enough people are demanding a better performing ball. Not enough people are rufusing to play in a tourney using these seamed poly balls.

Boston TTC people might hate on me for insisting to use a seamless Poly Ball if I ever make it back there anytime soon. (I would not require the opponent to provide the ball, that would be MY responsibility for insisting) but whatever, they will cheer up with the free Pizza or fruit I bring Korean style.

Baal
03-08-2015, 05:27 PM
I have been playing exclusively with 40+ balls since late last spring. I have tried nearly every brand made and continue to try them, keeping track of when they are made based on date stamps on the boxes.

Your best bet remains seamless -- marketed by several companies, but the balls are the same as long as they are ITTF approved. These include XSF, Yinhe, Stag, Nexy, Palio, others. They are superior for roundness, consistency and height of bounce, durability, and price. They are easy to adjust to, but of course their size means they are a little different from celluloid. They meet January 2016 standards now.

Nittaku Japan (not the same as Nittaku SHA) plays nicely. It is lighter and faster. It is the most expensive, has some durability issues, and is basically impossible to buy anyway. Availability continues to be a big problem. These IMHO are the closest to celluloid in terms of how they play. Good luck buying them.

Seamed Chinese-made balls (DHS, DOuble Fish, all European brands, TSP, Butterfly and Nittaku SHA) have been highly problematic owing to major problems with low bounce, deviations from roundness both before you play with them and which emerge after a few hard slams, high breakage. The low bounce is a deal killer for most people. They are also quite heavy, which I don't mind, but which will have to change between now and January. MOst people think the Double Fish versions are a bit better which based on a Butterfly ball I am starting to believe.

The encouraging news is that last week I played with some Butterfly seamed Chinese balls manufactured in February of 2015, and they were playing a more acceptably. Most people suspect these are made by Double Fish. There were still too many that were deviating from roundness right out of the box (based on spin tests on the table), but once you selected round ones they were playing better. They will have to improve because by January of 2016 there will be strict standards in place that most of the seamed balls I have sampled would not meet now.

TurboZ
03-22-2015, 02:14 AM
Some addition in 2015.

decoy
03-22-2015, 03:14 AM
whats that dhs blade?

also dont bother trying the joola balls.. they are just terrible. butterfly is ok'ish hea[s better than joola... xfx balls are interesting

TurboZ
03-22-2015, 03:16 AM
DHS Hurricane Hao 3 / TG3-60 FH / Nittaku Alhelg RPB / 181g

Nittaku Alhelg is one new 40+ rubber that is rarely mentioned. I have high hope of it as a Tenergy competitor but too bad it is not. I have it as RPB on the newly restyled HH3 with TG3-60 on FH. To my surprise they have about the same bounce and feel. In fact the Alhelg is even harder than TG3-60 Mid Hard. The Mid Hard marking on TG3-60 may not be totally accurate as it is mentioned as Mid Soft in Chinese.

For C balls the setup is quite ordinary. I have a feeling I would do better with Alhelg on FH and TG3-60 on BH because of the difference in softness. Alhelg seems to aim at control and grip rather than anything. Have to play active or the ball will drop to the net like using Chinese rubbers. Only when you start powering up will the rubber show its quality. Even more so with plastic. Throw is medium+. So effortless to clear the net when looping. You can feel the ball grip confidently with high consistency. May be it is Nittaku's new approach to new balls. Keeping high control without bouncy touches, yet it will give you the needed power when you play hard. Something similar to the winning Chinese formula without a tacky top sheet.

I find TG3-60 a much better rubber than H3-50 in about every area, especially in weight. Hope to see some harder version of it. Throw is medium or less. Need some lifting in strokes. For that TG3 Neo's throw is very high in comparison. May do better as BH but still fine if you like something soft for FH. I would pick Big Dipper over it because of the lack of hard choice and price.

TurboZ
03-22-2015, 03:25 AM
whats that dhs blade?

also dont bother trying the joola balls.. they are just terrible. butterfly is ok'ish hea[s better than joola... xfx balls are interesting

That is the restyled HH3. I have not play with Joola balls yet but I heard the new batch is improved.

TurboZ
06-20-2015, 03:24 PM
So many new 40+ stuffs released lately. Adding some to my collection.

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7504&stc=1http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7505&stc=1http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7506&stc=1http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7507&stc=1http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7508&stc=1http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7509&stc=1http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7510&stc=1

1) Hurricane Hao 2 with H8 and TG5. Total weight 195g. Pretty hefty for Cpen with RPB. TG5 is my best loved new rubber from DHS. H8 is another great rubber for FH but I have a feeling that I can do better with TG5 both sides. Only problem is always the weight.

2) Yinhe D-701 with BD and Moon Speed. A 7-ply wood blade with a total weight of 191g. Handle is kind of smooth and thin. Grip tape can do the trick but will inevitably hurt the already high weight.

3) Mizutani Jun ZLC with Andro Plaxon 450 both sides. On spec Plaxon 450 is rated the same as Rasant Grip, but in fact it is way softer. Can't imagine how soft the rest of the series will be. The new Jun ZLC is flexy with great feedback. A totally different blade comparing to the stiff and crisp Jun SZLC.

Reaper
06-20-2015, 07:20 PM
tell us about the yinhe balls, the new airoc astro and H8 .

man, seeing all these equipment must make a lot of people drool :D

aznalanx32
06-21-2015, 05:30 AM
Tell us about the.new Plaxon 525.

TurboZ
06-21-2015, 06:12 AM
Have not play with the Yinhe balls yet. All have a weight of more or less 2.8g. I got one with slight roundness problem. The pack of XSF Sports is lighter at about 2.7 to 2.75g. Production code of Yinhe is XDAE and XSF XDAD. Yinhe got typical high bounce just like any seamless balls.

H8 has a dull looking top sheet. Feels harder than TG3 in Mid Hard. Sponge is orange. Only slight in tack. Mid throw and easier to clear the net than TG3-60. Pack more punch too. Classic style rubber with linear response and lively bounce. A step away from the hard and dead H3. But probably lacking some character of DHS that people love for so long.

Have not decided on what blade to glue the Airoc Astro and Plaxon 525 yet. Might wait for some review first. Probably one of the metal tag Stiga for Astro and will try to find a blade from Andro for the Plaxon.
http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7514&stc=1

aznalanx32
06-22-2015, 03:09 AM
Can I have one? :D

TurboZ
06-22-2015, 09:21 AM
Can I have one? :D

Which one? ......just kidding. :o I got one each to complete the collection. Can't think of parting with any, you know the feeling.

Some thoughts on Plaxon 450. Usually I will opt for harder rubbers but this one is a surprise because it is supposed to be the second in hardness of the series. Yet it feel softer than 80FX. I got a chance to play with Roxon 450. They are very much alike with Plaxon a step up in grip. I would say Plaxon is an offensive rubber with ball feel and control in mind. In fact I can clearly feel the rubber grip the ball, sink to the sponge and spit out with a flex. Something I thought only Tenergy can do. But Plaxon on Jun ZLC is giving me just that wonderful feeling and more. I start to love this one.

I've bought a pack of 12 Joola 2-tone Spin Ball which is similar to what CTTSL used last year. Not plastic but giving me the feel of what it is like to play with one. Easy to tell if a ball has heavy or no spin. It is fun. ;)
http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7531&stc=1

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7532&stc=1

aznalanx32
06-23-2015, 12:31 AM
Are you Pen or Shakehand, TurboZ?

TurboZ
06-23-2015, 06:29 AM
Are you Pen or Shakehand, TurboZ?

I mostly play Wang Hao style penhold but also buy shakehand and Jpen blades for collection. I especially love to buy blades with top players name related. There are so many great blades out there in shakehand style only. Penhold range is quite limited these days.

Sometimes I like to play shakehand with lower level players. That is a challenge for me and big fun. Playing with one side Cpen and Jpen with TPB is a lot of fun too but I am worst with that style.

TurboZ
07-11-2015, 01:27 AM
Have the two new Astro glued on 190 Cpen. Astro M black FH and Astro S red RPB. Uncut weight of black is 67.7g and red 66.5g which are on the heavy side. Blade itself is 84.5g and total setup weight is a more manageable 186.8g.
I have an old Airoc M as RPB on Intensity Carbon. Can't remember what it is like when new but it looks worn and lost most of the shine and grain comparing to the new Astro top sheet. Initial feel is that Astro got more grip and dwell in play with less bounce. Could change after some breaking in. Final speed is more or less the same if not better. Any difference in feel could be due to the freshness of the new sheets. Can't say it is a hugh step up from Airoc for now but it is definitely not any let down.
I have switch the Moon Speed off from 145 RPB to another Tour M. That alone cut the total setup weight down significantly from 189g to 179g. Moon Speed never felt right on 145. Now with Tour M both sides the whole blade comes alive. I start to love the lighter weight and catapult of Tour on the slightly more flexy 145 than the all out stiffness of 190 with heavy Astro. Uncut Tour is 57g which is also 10g lighter.
One advise is that Carbonado definitely needs sealing. Many small pieces came off when changing the rubber.

aznalanx32
07-11-2015, 06:27 PM
Astro or Regular Airoc better?

TurboZ
07-12-2015, 10:18 AM
Astro or Regular Airoc better?

That one is really hard to say. I have 2 sheets of Airoc M on two different blades. One on Intensity Carbon and one on 190 FL. The first one is tame in every way even when new, and it is pretty worn by now. The second one is more bouncy and alive which can be considered better than Astro if you like a more active feel. But Astro is pretty good on its own and strike a perfect balance between Speed, Spin and Control with a capital "C".

If you check the ratings between Calibra Tour M, Airoc M and Astro M on the package, they are very much the same in every categories with the new Astro reaching 152 in speed. But the small print said maximum rating is 150 so Stiga has to make their new rubber look good and exceed the Airoc's already high 149 by 3 points. Sometimes you can't fully trust what they say.

One word about the Donic 40+ balls. I broke the first one with only 3 miniutes of play. That was against a Jpen hard hitter which is understandable. What surprised me is that the second ball from the same box had already survived a few days of play and through many hard banging on brick walls around me. I am impressed. I still play alternatively between cell and plastic but now I like to play with the challenging plastic more.

TurboZ
08-05-2016, 05:40 PM
It is the time of the year again! Still remember the day I ordered my Viscaria minutes after ZJK kiss the podium in London. This time I am well prepared and ordered the new design HL5 ahead to celebrate the moment everyone is waiting for.

The new HL5 has reduced its head size from roughly 151 x 162mm to 149 x 156mm. According to DHS they deliberately made it closer to what Ma Long is using with no print on blade face and a handle to match. Usually DHS will use a gray band on handle to signify their composite blades. But in this case they made an exception and only put one yellow band there. No change to handle size so it is considered thin by many.

The Fang Bo has the exact same look as HL5 side by side but using harder top plys to make the difference.

Weight the blades with plastic wrap so I guess taking 2g off is about right.

So beautiful to look at so I guess I will keep them wrap for a while longer. :)

TurboZ
08-05-2016, 06:15 PM
I have also bought some new Poly Balls like Seamless Joola Flash, Tibhar SL, Butterfly G40+, Red Yinhe and the 1 star DHS D40+.

Briefly play matches with D40+ and G40+. No breaking after more than 1 hour of play each so that alone is a big improvement. I am more used to DHS 40+ now so using the two new balls really need some adjustment especially timing in loops.

A simple drop test shows DHS D40+ bounce higher than celluloid but lower than Seamless. Butterfly G40+ bounce even higher than Seamless but less than the crazy Easy Ball.

DHS D40+ makes a loud cracking noise like Palio. Surface is rough. Not perfect but round enough for 1 star. Although it bounce higher than celluloid in drop test, it bounce surprisingly low many times in game play with no good reason. Could be the quality of 1 star so hopefully it will be fixed and more consistent with their future 3 star balls.

G40+ is easier to adapt. Size is only slightly larger than 40mm but heavier than most. Surface is very smooth. I read that someone had run a durability test with it. He smash the ball to a standing table and see how long it takes to break. Normal seam 40+ broke in only about 5 hits. Celluloid take around 15 hits and G40+ is about the same. So they are pretty good indeed. No problem with speed and spin.

Have not play with the new Red Yinhe yet. It is easily the most expensive balls from China. It is supposed to be more durable and heat resistance to their Blue balls. Can't see how that is enough to justify the 50% increase in price, unless it can play 50% longer of course. I see no difference between the two in weight and size.

Both Joola Flash and Tibhar SL are seamless balls made in China so I am not expecting any significant difference between the bunch.

As I have decided to seriously cut down my spending on anything TT and start playing instead of looking, I will post some more of my gears that I have already bought in the past year which is worth a mention later. :p

Manish Verma
08-06-2016, 02:06 PM
Good Choice.

TurboZ
08-07-2016, 02:04 AM

The blade of Dima is always a mystery. He even attempted to partially hide the plys from prying eyes! Always wonder why Donic gave us the odd 8 plys Carbon and called it his Original. That's why I am more than happy to see Donic release the True Carbon which many believe is closer in structure to what Dima is using.

Can't say it is not modeling after Butterfly's famous ALC blades. The head size of 150 x 157 mm is no coincidence. They all look identical side by side. Thickness is more or less the same too, although mine is thinner at 5.55mm.

Have it paired with Acuda Blue P1 Turbo. Perfect match I must say. One can do almost everything in ace. Loop, flat hit, smash, push, block...you name it and it will deliver. Transfer of your speed and power is direct and precise. Very fast when you need it but also easy in short play thanks to the new generation of no more crazy bouncing tensor and the support of the blade. I always believe if the rubber can get the grip of the ball right, the rest will automatically fall into places. This is such a combo. Throw is medium. Easy to just clear the net while keeping the ball on the table.

It has less vibration and feel comparing to Buttefly and a bit stiffer. Yet it is easily the best feeling blade of all Donic I have tried. Before TC I like their Crest Off and WC89 Waldner best. But Waldner is simply too thick and clumsy in comparison. The Crest Off, although still holds an edge in high end speed and power, is less balance thanks to the long and thin senso handle.

Donic did not say anything but TC is sharing the same design as their new Zhou Yu series. Since those blades are made in China so it is reasonable to believe that TC is made in the same factory too.

I love everything about this blade except the choice of putting Dima's pic on the handle. It looks like a red eye in a distance rather than the player himself. Too much influence from China I am afraid and done it in a wrong way. The one on Crest Off is much more classy in looks.

I love its ST handle shape and size more than their usual Senso ST, but if Dima is not using something similar in person, which he might not switch easily after all the years with senso, I am afraid this blade will just end up as one of a dozen Donic carrying the name of Ovtcharov and no more. It is hard to reach the status of the likes of TB ALC, HL5 and become a modern classic.

TurboZ
05-22-2017, 12:58 PM
Was about to post and keep a record of my 2016 collection here before the year end but suffer a long delay by the last of the Stiga Se7en till April. So finally I am a happy man....:)

To my surprise my Arctic Wood is way lighter than the rest of the series, which are all meant to be around 95g. I don't know the exact weight of the bare blade but I bet my Arctic Wood is not much over 80g. It is only 178g with Ultra Max Rasanter both sides. The rest are all ranging from 193g to 204g.

The 198g 290 is my new favorite. I used to love 185g to 190g setups, but I think I have stretched my limit because of the new ball. :rolleyes:

TurboZ
05-22-2017, 01:24 PM
I bet most have already played and love the new DHS D40+ ABS balls. Since I bought my first box in February till now, I only "managed" to break one, by someone stepping on it in the next table. And another with a 1 cm clean cut right at the seam, which is not even mine.

With this rate of durability, I bet I won't have to buy another ball in my life time. :cool:

The D40+ 3 Stars ball was meant to be released one month after the 2 stars in early 2016 but got seriously postponed till Jan. 2017. Official words from DHS indicated that they still want to "perfect" the original 40+ and at the same time keep "improving" the new D40+. I bet that is only half truth but a rather wise decision nonetheless. If they really decided to go ahead and release the new (and better) ball just months before Rio, I wonder how much controversial and chaos that might cause. Now they pushed it back till 2017, the start of new Olympic cycle with the ball for Tokyo 2020, everything start to make sense.

TurboZ
12-30-2017, 11:52 PM
The year is coming to a close. I think it is perfect time to wrap up my buying of the year and keeping a record here. :)

My new favorites are the pair of DHS 301 and BO2. I have bought them for a while but only after seeing XX and FZD start testing DHS equipments did I pay my attention to them. Turns out to be doing great in every way. Easy to generate a loud click which I love most. Only complain is always the weight. Bare blades are over 90g and end up approaching 200g with rubbers. But after playing with the heavy weight 245/290 pair I am pretty comfortable with blades of this level now. I have to say they are the best DHS blades I have ever tried including all the over priced ones.

301 with GA8 + GA5 = 193g
BO2 with TA5 + TA5 = 201g

A bunch of DHS with new shrink wrap packaging.

TurboZ
12-31-2017, 12:10 AM
Wang Hao is retired but I still can't help buying them if DHS keep making them. Bought the two no print on blade face and reduced size HH1 and HH2. Already have two previous generation HH3 and no love for them so I will skip it this time. Paired the new HH2 with H3-50 both sides and it is very decent. Not a killing machine but gives confidence. I like this new and reduced size HH2 more.

HH2 with H350 + H350 = 183g

My Hao's family.

TurboZ
12-31-2017, 12:36 AM
Moving on to Donic. Love them for the price and decent performance. Bought the whole Zhou Yu series. Have not start playing with them yet. They all have a good look I must say I don't want to ruin them. :rolleyes:

And I am very glad to see Donic finally release the penhold version of their Ovtcharov True Carbon. Time to celebrate with the new world number 1. It is great paring with their new Bluestorm. It has the same dimension as ZY3 and play very much like the ZJK ALC with T05. Since it is much thinner at 5.4mm so it has more flex that I like. The ZJK ALC will excel in the very top end.

Before I bought my ZJK ALC I always believe it is my ultimate goal. But there are just too many temptations out there....:p

Donic Ovtcharov True Carbon with Bluestorm Z2 Ultra Max both sides = 179g
Butterfly ZJK ALC with T05 + T05 = 184g

JST
12-31-2017, 12:41 AM
Just crazy! (I'd love to be back 10yo to have enough time in my life to play and enjoy at least half of your collection. Really sweet!:)

TurboZ
05-16-2018, 07:10 AM
Don't know if anyone is still waiting for yellow plastic balls after years of delay. I got friends who refuse to play white balls due to eye problem so we are stuck with celluloids, until now! Good news...kind of. Only I heard that they are still not ittf approved for 3 star quality and they decided to release them to public anyway, at least in China alone.

Got some DHS D40+ and DF V40+ from taobao. Put them side by side with their white versions suggested that they should be genuine. At least the quality and look of printing is exactly the same.

Measurement on size and weight also suggested they are all about equal.

Too bad similarity stops there. The surface of white balls are rough to the touch, but both yellow balls are smooth like old celluloid. Bounce test shows that yellow balls bounce a tad more but feel slower in games, and probably less spiny too. Which translate to longer rally, not bad I suppose. But sure they play a bit differently to whites. And I found yellow V40+ play even slower and ball won't go forward as much and not totally round. So obviously I will pick DHS over DF. Don't know if they will one day got improved enough to become official, I certainly hope so. :rolleyes:

TurboZ
05-16-2018, 07:21 AM
What an online shopping nightmare! My parcel got punched through with a hole penetrated my ZJK SZLC! Lucky it missed the blade, just left a scar on the beautiful box. Sad....:(

Simas
05-16-2018, 12:33 PM
What an online shopping nightmare! My parcel got punched through with a hole penetrated my ZJK SZLC! Lucky it missed the blade, just left a scar on the beautiful box. Sad....:(

wow, that's an expensive blade. how did that happen?

TurboZ
05-16-2018, 10:46 PM
wow, that's an expensive blade. how did that happen?

I received the parcel with a visible hole damage and too bad the SZLC box was the first item inside so it got punched as well. No idea what had actually happened but no reply from seller after I sent them photos and asked for better protections next time. :(

Simas
05-17-2018, 09:52 PM
I received the parcel with a visible hole damage and too bad the SZLC box was the first item inside so it got punched as well. No idea what had actually happened but no reply from seller after I sent them photos and asked for better protections next time. :(

If the outer parcel box has a hole, then it had to be damaged by the delivery service, not the seller imho. In that case, you shouldn't accept the package from the delivery guy or open it in front of him and confirm that nothing is damaged inside and accept it. If you accepted and only then saw the hole, then, according to delivery companies it's your problem...

TurboZ
05-18-2018, 07:21 AM
If the outer parcel box has a hole, then it had to be damaged by the delivery service, not the seller imho. In that case, you shouldn't accept the package from the delivery guy or open it in front of him and confirm that nothing is damaged inside and accept it. If you accepted and only then saw the hole, then, according to delivery companies it's your problem...

It is a parcel locker pickup so basically there is no delivery man involved. I simply open the locker with a code sent to my phone and all is done in after hours. I understand it is not seller's fault and I did not ask for any compensation, just wish they can have some form of protection like padding or bubble wraps next time. :(

TurboZ
12-31-2018, 05:45 AM
Glad to receive it in the very last day of the year. Not ready to buy it but saw its price go crazily high in China so I suddenly thought I got a bargain! :p. Of course for the extra cash they get a wooden box, a key ring, a ball and a book to make it special, while I just get a plain and dull paper box and suddenly look poor. :rolleyes:

Many said the first batch is extra heavy and I am happy to get one under 90g. Thickness is 5.8mm. Look more like an all wood blade. Can't really see the carbon layer like Carbonado series do.

Lula
12-31-2018, 02:09 PM
How many rubbers and blades do you have? and what do you work with? haha, seem rich ;)

TurboZ
01-01-2019, 09:54 PM
How many rubbers and blades do you have? and what do you work with? haha, seem rich ;)

Ah...I wish...I would say I am retired and live off early investments. But most of my spending is not on TT but wife and kids :p. And the recent surge of 4K movies and gears actually burn more than all TT combined so I hope I can managed to survive a little longer :rolleyes:.

I have a habit of keeping my used rubber sleeves and recently took a picture of it. Really lost count of all my belongings and probably shock myself by doing so. But I rather choose to ignore and keep my TT life going. ;)

And some rubbers from Butterfly waiting in line.

Lula
01-01-2019, 10:30 PM
Well done with the investments!

I have friends that thinks Tenergy are the best, i also read that other people think so and many pros use Tenergy. I have never tried Tenergy since i think they are just to expensive. I have not made any good early investments haha :) Since you have tried so many rubbers, do you think Tenergy is the best and worth the money?

Thanks!

TurboZ
01-02-2019, 01:02 AM
Well done with the investments!

I have friends that thinks Tenergy are the best, i also read that other people think so and many pros use Tenergy. I have never tried Tenergy since i think they are just to expensive. I have not made any good early investments haha :) Since you have tried so many rubbers, do you think Tenergy is the best and worth the money?

Thanks!

I also believe Tenergy is pretty much the best out there for the rest to follow or imitate. Sure one needs certain skills to master it and when you reach the level, it is a gem without substitute. It is about double the price of most so I really can't say it is worth it. Two rubbers can buy you a decent blade so I will rather choose a new blade any day. I am afraid my Butterflies are mostly for keep and only play occasionally to avoid damage :cool:.

TurboZ
01-02-2019, 03:47 AM
Always want to wrap up my yearly collections and keeping a record here but too lazy to do so. May be a good time to start now with some recent purchases that is worth a mention. :)

Many said the Donic Ovtcharov No.1 Senso is made in China and that is obvious in many ways. I see it is closer to DHS H301 than HL5 or FB2 in the look of composite layers and performance. DO has a thicker core but thinner in overall thickness of 5.85mm.

Weight with Airoc 2.3 both sides is 184g. Feels heavier than that probably due to the hollow senso handle and head heavy balance. The whole thing looks thin and long by design. Blade face is 150x160mm. Can really feel the flex and strong catapult with loud click when hitting hard. BH punch is addictive. Suits Dima's offensive style of play. Too bad he did not keep his number 1 position long enough to do this blade justice.

I like its squarish senso handle more than their usual Donic round. Kind of low throw and direct with my loops which needs extra attention in creating a curve over the net without shooting straight off or end up in the net.

I find it a pity for the most expensive Donic ever to not even come with a paper box. Seller told me that they just got the bare blades in bulk from Donic and a special request is needed for a box. I mean the same can buy a similar DHS in a luxury package. Even the much cheaper Waldner WC89 came with a decently designed box or any Donic for that matter. Can't believe they chose to skip on this to cut cost for a 100+ euro blade. :(

The same goes to Stiga. They charge sky high for the Dynasty Carbon Xu Xin edition but failed to offer a unique box to make it a little special. Their Carbonado/Rosewood series all came with a high quality box not too long ago. Eternity is a surprise to pack with a unique and luxury looking wood grain paper box of its own. I believe they have changed their policy about boxing since Arctic Wood and consider it a waste. Expect to see a snow white box with it but turns out nothing. Too bad they don't care about their image anymore but happy to only keep the price high. :mad:

Donic Ovtcharov No.1 Senso ST with Stiga Airoc 2.3 both sides
Weight : 184g
Blade face : 150 x 160mm
Thickness : 5.85mm

TurboZ
01-08-2019, 07:49 AM
Most Butterfly Cpens are China market exclusive and the choice outside is highly limited. Just found two reasonably priced Cpen from Japan and can't wait to test the new Butterfly rubbers with them.

I paired the Innerfiber ALC-S with T05 Hard and SK Carbon with BryceHighSpeed.

ALC-S is thin at 5.5mm which is meant to be flex and spiny. Many complain it is slow so it makes sense to match it with the fast and hard T05H. It has good enough speed and loads of spin. Sounds a bit woody and hollow. Very high in control and easy to play with. Throw and looping curve is natural which helps a lot with ball landing. I fall for it straight away.

SK Carbon is very light and even thinner at 5.2mm. It is marketed as an easy to use Carbon blade. Being a 3 ply + 2 Carbon I initially found it lacking a bit in both feel and dwell or even power. To me it is not quite as easy to play with as ALC-S and need some getting use to. Yet once adjusted by making more solid contact I found it a joy to play with. Mostly because of its linear response and precision.

By comparison the ZJK ALC CS with T05 is pure offensive in nature. I can easily feel the power transmitting in full to the ball with solid grip and contact. Its performance ceiling is set very high with no compromise.

One other Butterfly Cpen I have is Chinese AL. It has a smaller blade face of 150 x 157mm and thick at 7.05 mm. Might suit the play style of traditional Cpen more or even short pip attacker as most modern RPB oriented Cpens are longer and thinner by design. AL without carbon gives it more control and a solid wood feel. Handle is round in shape which should help twiddler.

I love Yoshida Kaii, the sole fighter with one side rubber. So even I did not play the style I still keep one in my collection. It makes a very loud and unique wood noise with strong vibration when hitting hard. It is all about raw power and might lack the feel of luxury in your shots comparing to other Butterfly or hinoki Jpen. But this raw power is addictive especially after watching Yoshida in action and certainly helps me to love it more.

Butterfly

Innerforce ALC-S Cpen
Weight 87.5g (bare blade) 193.8g (T05 Hard Max both sides)
Blade Face : 150 x 161 mm
Thickness : 5.5 mm

SK-Carbon Cpen
Weight 73.4g (bare blade) 162.2g (BryceHighSpeed Max both sides)
Thickness : 5.2 mm

ZJK ALC Cpen
Weight 183.8g (T05 Max both sides)
Thickness : 5.75 mm

Chinese AL Cpen
Weight 171.5g (FH - T64 Max / BH - BryceHighSpeed Max)
Blade Face : 150 x 157 mm
Thickness : 7.05 mm

Yoshida Kaii Cpen
Weight 142.6g (FH - Fastarc S1 Max)
Thickness : 6.7 mm

TurboZ
02-05-2019, 06:22 AM
Got some fancy Li-Ning cases to go with the Xu Xin blade. :) They have released them in different colors for top CNT players like FZD, LGY, FB, DN and of course the best looking ML in red. Each has 2 big compartments that can comfortably hold 3 rackets and more.

I believe they will stop making the Intensity Xu Xin edition soon so I decided to get one while still can. Funny the original Intensity is my least favorite blade probably due to it being fast with little dwell for a 5 ply all wood and a weight way below my liking. Have to play with 100% concentration to keep the ball low and tight then it can be deadly fast. I actually found my Intensity Carbon more easy to play with. Way better control even with fast tensor. Yet the weight is still lower than I like so killing power is a bit lacking and feels tame for a carbon.

Stiga Intensity Xu Xin Edtion
Weight : 83.5g (Bare blade)
Thickness : 5.9mm

Stiga Intensity
Weight : 170g (FH - Big Dipper / BH - Tenergy 64)
Thickness : 6mm

Stiga Intensity Carbon
Weight : 175g (FH - Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo / BH - Stiga Airoc M)
Thickness : 6mm

I always thought that the Xu Xin edition is bigger in size but in fact all of them are roughly measured the same 150 x 161mm. On the other hand the Xu Xin handle is a tad wider at 33.6mm vs 32.7mm.

And Happy Chinese New Year to you all. :rolleyes:

Suga D
02-05-2019, 06:53 PM
Nice, Turbo.

Love those cases. I just also got myself a new one, but yours look nicer and are bigger.

And Happy Chinese New Year to you all. :rolleyes:

Happy chinese new year, Mate.

TurboZ
02-05-2019, 10:08 PM
Great buy Suga D. Your case look more serious and official which suddenly makes mine toyish. Have to get one like that in red some time. :cool:

TurboZ
12-30-2019, 03:25 PM
2019 is finally coming to an end and I have seriously cut down my spending on TT as planned. Largely because there is not much release in Penhold style anyway. Still there is always something worth a mention or two during the year so here it goes.

I have bought the standard Dynasty Carbon with Mantras shortly after and expect to keep the Xu Xin version in box for admiration. But then I start seeing wood chips on blade face even before any glue job so there is little point to keep the Xu Xin one in box. Anyway I feel much better covering the chip with rubber than seeing it so I changed my mind and play with both instead.

Paired the Blue Tag with DHS Goldarc 8 both sides and it immediately become my favorite. This one is definitely meant for play than keeps. Its craftsmanship is way below average even at Stiga's standard so the cost must have all been spent on its playing characteristics alone. For that it just won't disappoint. It score high in every category no less. Simply put it has no obvious weakness and that makes it a complete package for more winnings. :cool:

My standard Dynasty with Mantra both sides is 10g+ lighter in weight so its slight reduction in power is inevitable. Not far off but enough for me to pick blue tag to games every time. :)

Dynasty Carbon Xu Xin Edition Blue Tag
Weight : 197g (DHS Goldarc 8 both sides)
Blade Face : 151 x 162 mm
Thickness : 5.85 mm

Dynasty Carbon Black Tag
Weight : 185g (FH Stiga Mantra H, BH Stiga Mantra M)
Blade Face : 151 x 162 mm
Thickness : 6 mm

TurboZ
12-30-2019, 05:13 PM
Happy to see Xu Xin back to the World Rank Number 1 spot right before the year end. May not last long but enough to get me exited one more time. And then I found Stiga made an unexpected move to release a smaller than normal Penhold size called Pen Ace. Out of curiosity I went ahead and bought another Xu Xin Blue Tag in PAC form from Japan just in time for Christmas. The unique Japanese box and JTTAA burn mark are enough to put a smile on my face. :)

The blade face of PAC is 150 x 160mm, down from standard 151 x 162mm. I believe Stiga has enlarged their blade face not long ago to better accommodate the 40+ balls which means some of the old Stigas are having normal size handle but smaller PAC size face so only the handle is new.

I must say it took me some time to get used to the smaller PAC handle. It really is that small and I just can't feel holding it sometimes. The difference in blade face by the way is not that dramatic. But then with more practice I found the smaller handle helps with better flexibility and easier angle changing so one can play a more active game. The standard handle is more to do with stability and power transfer so both have their highs and lows.

The new Stiga DNA rubber is great in many areas especially grip and punch. But somehow it took me a while to feel right on the smaller Dynasty. Obviously it is me with the smaller handle and not the rubber to blame. For now I would still prefer the sure grip and power from the old but more choice for customers is always a big plus.

Dynasty Carbon Xu Xin Edition Blue Tag PAC
Weight : 189.5g (FH Stiga DNA H, BH Stiga DNA M)
Blade Face : 150 x 160 mm
Thickness : 5.9 mm

Phil Coolens
12-30-2019, 07:05 PM
thank you for the info :D
thank you for the info

igorponger
12-31-2019, 01:19 AM
Economical tables is a trash money waste/ You will get all your balls speckled in a hour, sorry/

TurboZ
12-31-2019, 05:42 AM
Not expecting it today but my last package for 2019 was just in! Happy New Year TTD and friends !!! ;)

Butterfly Harimoto Tomokazu Innerforce ALC
Weight : 92.7g
Blade Face : 152 x 158mm
Thickness : 5.95mm

proximang
04-28-2021, 07:08 AM

Hi friend,

Is this blade work well with Huricane 3 on FH?

Thank you

Der_Echte
04-28-2021, 08:23 AM
Economical tables is a trash money waste/ You will get all your balls speckled in a hour, sorry/
Igor is telling it to you straight - spend money on a quality table and you will appreciate the decision for years.