Three Nine Super 999T rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Read 4 reviews
My last FH rubber Xiom Vega Europe got old and i decided to replace it.I had a limited budget so i remebered Three nine super 999t rubber that i saw on eacheng(it cost only 5 $!!!!).I glued it on my blade whitout any special expectations.That rubber really suprised me.That cheap chinese rubber is tackyest rubber i ever played,amazing spin solid speed,great control and that tackyness.Amazing!! :D
I know many of you may not believe me but that is the best rubber i ever played.Maybe its perfect just for my type of players but i dont know.
I can only say: AMAZING :D

Last edited:
Reactions: MDanielCRO
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I just glued on a sheet of 999t (custom glued for me to an Air 42 sponge) on the bat I posted a thread about recently.

999 is a very inexpensive and dependable topsheet that is still kinda popular. I am not thrilled with the many sponges 999 comes with, but on a sponge you like (you can buy the topsheet separately) it is a very reliable rubber, especially in humidity. You know what you are getting with the 999 topsheet ad it is a viable alternative to many modern control rubbers. I use this rubber off and on over the last 5 years.

says Aging is a killer
Is there any use to a rubber being tacky?
Whenever I glue on a rubber, I first give it a thorough clean. This removes the tackiness. If I don't do this pre-action clean, then the bat picks all sorts of muck off the ball causing several missed shots where the ball simply slips off the rubber as there's no grip.
Edit:
I stopped typing this to test my bat which has had the same rubber for >6 months and a couple gluings. I gave it a simple spittle clean and yes it easily picks up the ball. It doesn't hold onto the ball for long, but I raised it off the table about 3 feet before it fell.
I don't know the significance but I found it impressive as I normally clean twice during a game if I remember.
I think I'll give it a olive oil clean and see what happens.

Edit:
I didn't have any Olive oil so tried some hemp oil. It's now about 15mins since it has dried and the tacky effect is .....sadly much worse. The bat barely lifts the ball now. I'll wait till tomorrow to re-test and if it's the same I'll probably change the rubber as an experiment gone wrong...sigh, the things I sacrifice and the money I spend for EJdom.

Last edited:
Reactions: tt-cro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Read 4 reviews
Is there any use to a rubber being tacky?
Whenever I glue on a rubber, I first give it a thorough clean. This removes the tackiness. If I don't do this pre-action clean, then the bat picks all sorts of muck off the ball causing several missed shots where the ball simply slips off the rubber as there's no grip.
Edit:
I stopped typing this to test my bat which has had the same rubber for >6 months and a couple gluings. I gave it a simple spittle clean and yes it easily picks up the ball. It doesn't hold onto the ball for long, but I raised it off the table about 3 feet before it fell.
I don't know the significance but I found it impressive as I normally clean twice during a game if I remember.
I think I'll give it a olive oil clean and see what happens.

Edit:
I didn't have any Olive oil so tried some hemp oil. It's now about 15mins since it has dried and the tacky effect is .....sadly much worse. The bat barely lifts the ball now. I'll wait till tomorrow to re-test and if it's the same I'll probably change the rubber as an experiment gone wrong...sigh, the things I sacrifice and the money I spend for EJdom.

You are right! :D
There is no use of rubber being tacky if its slow and if its not quality
And about cleaning-I believe only to my breathe when i practice :D
After practice i clean it with butterfly cleaner and of course i put protection films on rubbers-thats most important :)

This user has no status.
Edit:

Hmm when I did it (Der Echte taught me) I rubbed it in olive oil for a few minutes but I didn't use it as soon as it dried, instead I left it resting with a non adhesive film for a day or two and the effects were expectacular.

says Aging is a killer
Hmm when I did it (Der Echte taught me) I rubbed it in olive oil for a few minutes but I didn't use it as soon as it dried, instead I left it resting with a non adhesive film for a day or two and the effects were expectacular.
I did try to lift the ball next day after wiping with some water and the rubber was back to normal or even slightly better in lifting. The rubber was super clean and bouncing the ball on the bat seemed easier to spin. So I suspect that all round performance was improved by this oil treatment.
I'll try your method next time.