says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
TableTennisDaily had the fantastic opportunity to review andro's latest Rasant Power Grip Rubber.

@Dan used the andro Treiber K blade and @Tom used the andro Treiber G blade in the review which looked at the andro Rasant Power Grip rubbers on both sides of their blades. The review looks at various techniques and a range of shots used in today's modern game of table tennis and also which types of players this rubber is suited to. Thanks to andro, Daniel Ives, Tom Maynard, and Kingfisher Table Tennis Club in the making of this review.

You can find more about andro on their website here.

Written Review:

- Not just designed for spin, a lot of speed could be produced.
- The sound had a nice Speed glue effect
- Medium to low throw
- Excellent for backhand punch shots and blocking
- Lots of spin on service, flicks and open ups
- Lacked some control due to its speed, preferably for advanced players with good level of technique
- Being in good position was important when using this rubber
- Ideal for offensive players
- Strong surface and grips the ball well, even when the ball is low

We hope you enjoyed this review, let us know what you think by posting below guys. Do you use any of the Rasant series?

Check out more TableTennisDaily Equipment Reviews here.

Reactions: TENERGY13
This user has no status.
Dan, since you are reviewing a lot of rubbers, blades you could come up with a standard scaling system! This would be nice to really compared materials across different brands (DMS - Dan material scaling System maybe? hehehe)

Nowadays there's no way to really cross-data between manufacturers, and would be awesome if there were a way to compare them.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Dan, since you are reviewing a lot of rubbers, blades you could come up with a standard scaling system! This would be nice to really compared materials across different brands (DMS - Dan material scaling System maybe? hehehe)

Nowadays there's no way to really cross-data between manufacturers, and would be awesome if there were a way to compare them.

That is a good idea, it is quite difficult as rubbers vary quite a lot from manufacturer to manufacturer and they have their own qualities. But yes we could add in some comparisons from a certain rubber to the next one.

Reactions: michiy
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Speed on different shots greatly varies and it is misleading to say such and such rubber is 9.5 out of ten when it is only that fast on a powerloop vs an underspin and only 8.5 vs an incoming topspin powerloop. Also, some rubbers play different on different blades, so a general speed rating would not really be a reliable thing. I can say firsthand that regular Rasant played average on the TBS, but on a slower OFF- to ALL+ flexible wooden blade that thing was an absolute rocket in counter topspin rallies with extreme spin.

I think the way Dan and Co already break the performance down stroke situation by situation is a much more true way to explain and represent the properties of a rubber and provide a much clearer picture of what it does.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Speed on different shots greatly varies and it is misleading to say such and such rubber is 9.5 out of ten when it is only that fast on a powerloop vs an underspin and only 8.5 vs an incoming topspin powerloop. Also, some rubbers play different on different blades, so a general speed rating would not really be a reliable thing. I can say firsthand that regular Rasant played average on the TBS, but on a slower OFF- to ALL+ flexible wooden blade that thing was an absolute rocket in counter topspin rallies with extreme spin.

I think the way Dan and Co already break the performance down stroke situation by situation is a much more true way to explain and represent the properties of a rubber and provide a much clearer picture of what it does.

Yes I have been wondering how accurate ratings are for a while now. I think the reviews me and @Tom do are just on our own personal opinions. Different players will find something different. For example, a German player said he struggled to block with the Rasant Power Grip, however I found it to be very good in this department.

In the future we will try to add more comparisons in the reviews, this will give users a better understand of what the rubbers/blades are like @michiy

is it tested using a new polyball ?

Hi Dabeda, we have not tried the Power Grip with the new poly balls as we did not have access to them at the time of the review production. Our future reviews will include the plastic/poly ball :)

Reactions: michiy
This user has no status.
Just got this rubber for my forehand. Serving is excellent as is topspin from close to the table or mid distance, it's pretty fast for drives /flat shots too.
Never dropped a game at the club last night despite only playing with the rubber for 3hrs.
My rubber is 2.1 mm and is on an old soon to replaced stiga tube off blade.
Very impressed!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Just got this rubber for my forehand. Serving is excellent as is topspin from close to the table or mid distance, it's pretty fast for drives /flat shots too.
Never dropped a game at the club last night despite only playing with the rubber for 3hrs.
My rubber is 2.1 mm and is on an old soon to replaced stiga tube off blade.
Very impressed!

Great to hear John, we had similar findings! Sounds like it suits your game nicely. Thanks for the review.

Yes we should have mentioned flat strokes a bit more, you can hit flat through the ball well with the Power Grip.

This user has no status.
Great to hear John, we had similar findings! Sounds like it suits your game nicely. Thanks for the review.

Yes we should have mentioned flat strokes a bit more, you can hit flat through the ball well with the Power Grip.

No problem, my previous FH rubber was stiga boost tx 2.0 mm, I feel the powergrip is definitely an upgrade on this although I enjoyed playing with the boost also.
Been practising some sidespin (hook) loops with the powergrip and they feel pretty potent when timed correctly as the ball just flies off at insane angles, good for opening up space during a point.

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Between Rasant Turbo and Powergrip, what are the differences? Is there a difference in sponge hardness? Which do you prefer?
Hi GS. Rasant Turbo 47.5deg,Rasant Power Grip 50deg, Rasant 45deg, Rasant Grip 45deg, Rasant Power Sponge 40deg

Between those to rubbers you mention the hardness and topsheet are different. Rasant and Rasant Grip the sponge is the same but they have different topsheet.

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Between Rasant Turbo and Powergrip, what are the differences? Is there a difference in sponge hardness? Which do you prefer?

Hey there,

I think the Rasant Turbo was slightly faster than the Powergrip. I think because the Powergrip was slightly slower more spin could be produced. Or it felt like more spin was produced. The Powergrip has a harder sponge however the topsheet may differ in terms of hardness as the pimple structure may vary. If my memories correct, they both felt pretty similar in terms of hardness. Have you tried any of the Andro Rasant rubbers yet?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
I have never used anything Andro before. I ask because a friend of mine is a high rated player and he recently purchased rasant turbo. I wanted to see if he made the right purchase. It seems like he did.

If Andro ever wanted to send me test sheets I would not hesitate to try them haha. Thanks Dan

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I have never used anything Andro before. I ask because a friend of mine is a high rated player and he recently purchased rasant turbo. I wanted to see if he made the right purchase. It seems like he did.

If Andro ever wanted to send me test sheets I would not hesitate to try them haha. Thanks Dan

Haha!

Yes I am sure he has made a good decision. Please let us know how he gets on with them, we would be interested. See you around @GS

says I'm wondering if Joola maxxx 500 fh and calibra tour m...
says I'm wondering if Joola maxxx 500 fh and calibra tour m...
Jan 2014
"Hey guys, i was looking at the Powergrip, and i don't know wether to buy or not. Does anyone use it/has used it and would like to post a quick review or general impressions?
If possible relate to MX-P and T05, for i have used both...
Thanks in advance"

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
"Hey guys, i was looking at the Powergrip, and i don't know wether to buy or not. Does anyone use it/has used it and would like to post a quick review or general impressions?
If possible relate to MX-P and T05, for i have used both...
Thanks in advance"

Hey! I would say the powergrip has similar speed with the 05, I feel you can generate the speed a little easier with the powergrip. It has a touch softer sponge than 05 I think allowing longer contact time on the ball. The spin is still maintained on the powergrip as it has a good firm topsheet.

Here are my initial impressions of the Powergrip once reviewed.

- Not just designed for spin, a lot of speed could be produced.
- The sound had a nice Speed glue effect
- Medium to low throw
- Excellent for backhand punch shots and blocking
- Lots of spin on service, flicks and open ups
- Lacked some control due to its speed, preferably for advanced players with good level of technique
- Being in good position was important when using this rubber
- Ideal for offensive players
- Strong surface and grips the ball well, even when the ball is low

I havent tried the MX-P sorry, hopefully other users here can compare it for you.

Reactions: Pingpongin'
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hi Dan, a small request, next time when you guys review any rubber or blade then please also try to discuss their respective weights. Sometimes, even though the product (rubber or blade) is very good it proves quite heavy and may not be suitable for some players.

Thank you, KM1976