Who do you think will win the China Super League (CTTSL) 2014?

• Ningbo Club – Ma Long, Yan An, Joo Se Hyuk, Lin Gaoyuan, Lyu Xiang

Votes: 30 42.9%
  • Luneng Club – Zhang Jike, Timo Boll, Hao Shuai, Fang Bo, Wu Hao, Wei Shihao,

Votes: 30 42.9%
  • Jiangsu Club - Dimitrij Ovtcharov, Zhang Chao, Cui Qinglei, Lin Chen, Wu Jiaji, Cai Wei, Wang Yikai

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Bayi Club - Fan Zhendong, Wang Hao, Zhou Yu, Xu Chenhao

Votes: 5 7.1%

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hi everyone,

The semi final teams are now in for this years China Super League!

We have made this separate thread for the China Super League 2014 Semifinals & final, so we can discuss & update the results and all other info in one place here :) To get all the latest from the last 18 rounds of the Chinese Super League click here. TableTennisDaily has an amazing collection of every match from all the rounds from the world's largest table tennis league.

Last years Champions Ningbo have reached the semi final stage. Can anyone stop them this year?

ningbochamps2013.jpg

Semifinals:

Men: Ningbo vs Jiangsu; Bayi vs Shandong Luneng

Women: Beijing vs Bayi; Ordos vs Shandong

Teams & Players:

Ningbo Haitian Club – Ma Long, Yan An, Joo Se Hyuk, Lin Gaoyuan, Lyu Xiang

Shandong Luneng Club – Zhang Jike, Timo Boll, Hao Shuai, Fang Bo, Wu Hao, Wei Shihao, Liu Dingshuo,

Jiangsu Club - Dimitrij Ovtcharov, Zhang Chao, Cui Qinglei, Lin Chen, Wu Jiaji, Cai Wei, Wang Yikai, Wang Kelin

Bayi Industry Club - Fan Zhendong, Wang Hao, Zhou Yu, Xu Chenhao

semi.jpg

Schedule & results:
=================================

Date
Time
Event
August 7
15:00 - 17:00
Men's Semifinal 1
19:30 - 21:30
Men's Semifinal 2
August 8
14:00 - 16:00
Women's Semifinal 1
16:00 - 18:00
Women's Semifinal 2
August 9
13:50 - 15:45
Men's Final
August 10
Women's Final

The playoff semi finals and finals of the Chinese Super League will use the new two toned ball (orange + white) as seen below:

twotonedworldwide.jpg

Live stream here:

Administrator
Oct 2010
Jiangsu's Dimitrij Ovtcharov and his team have been practising with the new two toned orange and white balls today in preparations for the semi final against Ningbo. Ovtcharov said this on his Facebook profile, "we have shortly celebrated the qualification for the playoffs. Now we are already preparing intensively for the match against Ma Longs club Ningbo on Thursday. Therefore I had the chance to practise with the new two-coloured plasticball for the first time. The feeling is ok, but more than half of the balls were broken after practise, the quality is not adequate yet. I'll post a short video of the practise session soon!"

10593075_792352167463926_8330971386844660920_n.jpg

Reactions: zjkfanforever
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Date
Time
Event
August 7
15:00 - 17:00
Bayi vs Luneng (Men's Semifinal 1)
19:30 - 21:30
Ningbo vs Jiangsu (Men's Semifinal 2)
August 8
14:00 - 16:00
Ordos vs Shandong (Women's Semifinal 1)
16:00 - 18:00
Beijing vs Bayi (Women's Semifinal 2)
August 9
Men's Final
August 10
Women's Final

CCTV-5 and CTTSL Official Site will provide Live Stream for both men's and women's semifinal and final matches

CCTV-5: http://tv.cntv.cn/live/cctv5/
CTTSL: http://2014cttsl.sports.cn/video/v.html

Last edited:
Reactions: jley, Dan and GTS
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
# Check: Shanghai Vs Ninbo (videos @ youtube) on the 1st Stage thread here

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
The feeling is ok, but more than half of the balls were broken after practise, the quality is not adequate yet.

I just hope that the games won't be become too interruptive because of this. It could really hurt players' flow of game. I wonder why they have to rush the new ball to the market if it's not ready. It seems this ball will only be used in CTTSL playoff. So, CTTSL is serving as a test ground.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
CCTV Sport Report Li Wujun posted this picture on his Sina Weibo. According to him, that's how many new balls ZJK broke after 15 minutes practice. It seems that he almost broke one ball per minute. Fans are asking:"if in the middle of a play the ball breaks, let's say, a player smashes the ball and the ball breaks in the mid air and does not land on the table, or as soon as it lands on the table it breaks, the point should go to which player?" I guess the point goes to neither player. Instead, the point has to be replayed. Imaging how many points need to be replayed with balls of this quality.

3bc674a4jw1ej1jz5f3xrj20vk0nojtx.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
cttsl maybe committing to the same mistakes as ittf did. rushing into things that haven't been thoroughly tested before. imo, major teams and players should have tested and played with the actual things for a while (like new balls, ittf or cttsl) before making a shift into it / before making the decision to endorse that change entirely.i'm excited to see two toned ball. however this time they might have been caught off guard.zjk broke 8 balls per 15 mins. gg bro lolll

Administrator
Oct 2010
Here is footage of Dimitrij Ovtcharov practising with the orange and white ball:

Source from Ovtchrov's facebook profile, "My first practise with the new plastic ball just before the playoffs! With some really surprising moments in a rally".

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
CCTV Sport Report Li Wujun posted this picture on his Sina Weibo. According to him, that's how many new balls ZJK broke after 15 minutes practice. It seems that he almost broke one ball per minute. Fans are asking:"if in the middle of a play the ball breaks, let's say, a player smashes the ball and the ball breaks in the mid air and does not land on the table, or as soon as it lands on the table it breaks, the point should go to which player?" I guess the point goes to neither player. Instead, the point has to be replayed. Imaging how many points need to be replayed with balls of this quality.

3bc674a4jw1ej1jz5f3xrj20vk0nojtx.jpg

I am slightly confused here because lots of users on here seem to have tested the new plastic DHS ball and not many have reported that its broke. I am guessing this orange and white ball is the same as the DHS plastic ball but with just different colour on it (two tones of colour?). So if this is the case it shows you that the professionals hit the ball much harder than us amateurs. It is crazy how many balls they have broken!