Us$10 tenergy 64???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Yeah it's fake. Sorry. If you have a Tenergy in the US for under 50 check it with the forum. 10 USD there is no way you are going too get genuine from a place with private sellers like aliexpress. Sorry about that :(

You can get a fake that plays well though. Try it out when it comes and tell us how it plays. Good luck.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I saw a rolex for $10 too, you should buy that, its such a bargain

Some times I wonder why these sellers are so stupid, they could of made double the profit and still get tons of buyers, since they are selling "geniune" items.
IE why didn't the guy sell the T64 for $20..... or even $30 for that matter.
So silly

ZED

This user has no status.

ZED

This user has no status.
Jul 2014
I saw a rolex for $10 too, you should buy that, its such a bargain

Some times I wonder why these sellers are so stupid, they could of made double the profit and still get tons of buyers, since they are selling "geniune" items.
IE why didn't the guy sell the T64 for $20..... or even $30 for that matter.
So silly

To attract more buyers?

I know there's two graph charts that show how raising price lowers demand and lowering raises demand and how that translates into profit.

ZED

This user has no status.

ZED

This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Yeah it's fake. Sorry. If you have a Tenergy in the US for under 50 check it with the forum. 10 USD there is no way you are going too get genuine from a place with private sellers like aliexpress. Sorry about that :(

You can get a fake that plays well though. Try it out when it comes and tell us how it plays. Good luck.

I knew it was too good to be true :p

Anyhow, I guess i'll treat it like a whole different rubber.

I do use a genuine T 64 for forehand and backhand, so I'll let you all know how it compares.

Reactions: agold
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
To attract more buyers?

I know there's two graph charts that show how raising price lowers demand and lowering raises demand and how that translates into profit.

Well, since the cost is only around USD40~USD50 ex import, tax and other cost of sales, this seller could of sold for anything below the cost price and still make decent profit and have lots of business for the cheapest "Genuine Tenergy" in the world

Your graph chart isn't the case for Butterfly - they raise price, and sales/demand continue to increase lol

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
its the other way round.
when people get to learn about fake products,theyll make sure they pay extra to get genuine.thats the concept butterfly uses.

I can't agree with your theory, but to twist it a bit:

Butterfly sets "Recommended Retail Price" in each region, I believe this action is illegal in most countries, but they don't really hold you to it, and the resellers does sell at this RRP.

In Butterfly's made regional catalogue, they also have RRP on there.
Butterfly also ask the sellers nicely not to "discount" they products publically, any discount below the table is fine etc.

Butterfly also has a very limited amount of sellers in the world (have already cut down a lot, and still going to), so this is the message to the public in terms of purchase geniune:
1) purhcase from authorised sellers
2) at the RRP

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
I can't agree with your theory, but to twist it a bit:

Butterfly sets "Recommended Retail Price" in each region, I believe this action is illegal in most countries, but they don't really hold you to it, and the resellers does sell at this RRP.

In Butterfly's made regional catalogue, they also have RRP on there.
Butterfly also ask the sellers nicely not to "discount" they products publically, any discount below the table is fine etc.

Butterfly also has a very limited amount of sellers in the world (have already cut down a lot, and still going to), so this is the message to the public in terms of purchase geniune:
1) purhcase from authorised sellers
2) at the RRP

when you should stock butterfly,what was the RRP?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Same as what it is now, 56.90 Euro or 80 USD for the European market.

I forgot to add one more thing,
3) don't allow seller to sell outside authorised area/country

Why did you not become an official distributor for South Africa?Im sure you would have been busy with Butterfly sales.

I remember you stocking some products from them

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Why did you not become an official distributor for South Africa?Im sure you would have been busy with Butterfly sales.

I remember you stocking some products from them

I was official, until I decided not to distribute they products.
When I was stocking it, there was 3 other official parties stocking it.
SA market is not big enough for 4, in fact no where else in the world Butterfly had 4. In fact they all cutting down to 2 or 1.

Why I stopped:
One of the other one was selling Tenergy below cost - that time R500/USD50, now they are selling for R300/USD30
Those guys also get huge governemnt contracts (kit our Olympic teams etc) and the management also reportedly had ties to terriost groups in Africa.
Apparently I heard from the market that they also have history of selling fakes.
So I concluded that these guys don't play fair on the scale of profit/loss, so it is pointless for me to continue doing Butterfly.
As I need the profit (really little from Butterfly products) to fund sponsorships, and other forms of social responsiblities.
Butterfly couldn't do anything about it, so I stop stocking them.

In fact getting rid of Butterfly was my best decision so far.
With the weakening of ZAR, it made Butterfly product more unattractive and Xiom and Yasaka coming to the party with great specials for me to offer the SA market.

Butterfly is really overrated. Quality of product has gone down, while pricing has gone up.
For other countries who earn 3 times more than South Africans, they can afford to spend extra 20% to buy a Butterfly product. In the SA TT community - where majority are from below average income groups (and earn 3 folds less than Europe), Butterfly doesn't make any sense at all.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
A lot of people are right here. I think I can help:
1. When a company raises the price of a product, the company will buy more supplies for a smaller amount. Therefore the supply will go up. The opposite happens when the price is lowered.
2. When a company raises the price of a product, fewer people want it, and so the demand goes down. It is the opposite when the price is lowered.

So, a company does not want to set the price too high, because then they will have a lot of supply left over because they have more supply and less demand. They also don't want to set the price too low because they will run out of supply because there is less supply and more demand. So they try to set it in the place where they have the exact supply (no more no less) as to meet demand. In the USA with butterfly it's 80 USD. In Japan it's 52 USD. That's it.