Kokutaku BLutenkirshce 868

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Read 4 reviews
Hey guys,I talked with one my friend from USA and he recommended me this rubber-Kokutaku BLutenkirshce 868
Now,he usually recommend me good and quality rubbers an he said that this is good rubber too but i saw on ebay that i can get 4 rubbers for only 15$.So or that manufacture is damn cheap :p or this rubber is bad :D
Did anyone play with this rubber?
Can someone give me some review? :D

Reactions: Der_Echte
This user has no status.
These were my first rubbers when I came back to the game after 26 years.
2mm on both BH&FH on a stiga tube off blade.
They are not very fast but are pretty spinny with very good control.
You can generate your own speed with good technique I suppose.
The top sheet is typically Chinese ie; very tacky and the sponge is pretty soft hence the good control.
It's probably better suited to a beginner tbh.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
you should wait for @Der echte to answer.he has plenty of knowledge regarding rubbers.im sure he will be able to give you a better answer than me.

haha, don't anyone wait on me! make your own decisions, it's OK.

Ironically, I actually had a sheet of 896 Tokyo on a very old version of 896 blade, the first 896 blade I ever used and ordered it from OOAK years ago as an LP experiment. 868 Tokyo is a typical Japan-like control rubber.

There are endless versions of this rubber because of different possible sponges it is packaged with, kinda like the 729 line-up if you know what I mean.

Why not buy it and try it out? You are not out that much money if you ever get the stuff. My BH rubber is like a $8 USD rubber, it might work and you don't have a lot to lose and it could be a good experience for you to learn slapping on a new rubber gluing, cutting or even tuning if you go there.

Reactions: Bishop Rasta 27
Kokutaku BLutenkirshce 868 were my first rubbers, i had used two of them, on FH and BH.
They costed me like $10 a piece, so 4 for $15 is a bit suspicious, but there may be such price difference between ebay and local resellers in Ukraine.
A bit slow, controllable, enough spin. Very tacky.
And I want to warn you about quality - each piece of these chinese rubbers can be very different.
The red one I have used was noticeably faster than black. And more over, black gone completely dead in 4 to 5 monthes.
Still, for this price they can be pretty good choice for beginners.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Read 4 reviews
haha, don't anyone wait on me! make your own decisions, it's OK.

Ironically, I actually had a sheet of 896 Tokyo on a very old version of 896 blade, the first 896 blade I ever used and ordered it from OOAK years ago as an LP experiment. 868 Tokyo is a typical Japan-like control rubber.

There are endless versions of this rubber because of different possible sponges it is packaged with, kinda like the 729 line-up if you know what I mean.

Why not buy it and try it out? You are not out that much money if you ever get the stuff. My BH rubber is like a $8 USD rubber, it might work and you don't have a lot to lose and it could be a good experience for you to learn slapping on a new rubber gluing, cutting or even tuning if you go there.

haha,i think 868 and 868 tokyo are totally diffrent rubbers-tokyo is non-tacky japanese rubber and 868 is typical chinese rubberhard sponge an very tacky.
But maybe i should buy that rubbers just for fun :D and i can always give someone 2 rubbers :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
My 868 for seamless ball also has the Tokyo wording on the top sheet and it is tacky and hard just like many Chinese rubber. Now I remember having a green package 868 Tokyo years ago which is non-tacky and soft but torn in the first time of playing. Very fragile. There is also a yellow package 868 Tokyo which is super tacky so they can be anything they want it to be.

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The 868 Tokyo rubber stayed adhered to the 896 blade for 6 years before I gave the rubber to some rec center. I might have been lucky.

Right. It was a grippy rubber, not tacky at all.

868 has so many different rubber variations with all the different sponges offered, you would go broke bankrupt trying to buy all of them to try out.

Whatever version you get (you will get the absolute lowest quality ones at 4 for $14 USD) do not expect a lot out of it. At best, it will be a serviceable control rubber for an allround OFF game at best.

Still, it is a good opportunity to get experience buying stuff, getting it on Ur blade, and maybe tuning it. You will (as you said) have extras to give to a friend to try.

It is always fun to try out some new stuff you got cheep. I did that a lot in Korea and I ended up giving away a LOT of rubbers to club mates in exchange for a beer or some chicken after we were done with TT.