Jan Ove Waldner & Persson Exhibition 2014

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Jan Ove Waldner & Jorgen Persson Exhibition 2014

Hey Everyone,

Last weekend on the 10th of August 2014, TopspinSports had the pleasure to have the worlds greatest players, Jan ove Waldner and Jorgen Persson open their new 24/7 Central London Table Tennis venue, Fusion TTC. As Waldner and Persson were visiting one of the TopSpinSports sponsored clubs (Batts TTC), TableTennisDaily manage to capture their exhibition in HD. There are many unbelievable rallies, and Waldner and Persson came up close to the camera with @Dan coaching Jorgen Persson!

It was a lot of fun, Jan Ove Waldner and Jorgen Persson are an incredible duo promoting our fantastic sport!

Check it out, Waldner vs Persson in the exhibition here!

Thanks to TopSpinSports in making this trip happen! What an experience to be up and personal with the worlds greatest table tennis players! Waldner and Persson were using the Donic Bluefire M2 rubber which you can buy on TopSpinSports website here.

TableTennisDaily's @Dan took on Waldner in a 1 set match here.

Read the interview we took with Jan Ove Waldner here.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Brilliant stuff. Those guys must still be very fit, as although they were messing around it looked exhausting!!

You are right they are so fit for their age. The amount of power and movement is incredible. At the end both Persson and Waldner were knackered! But they loved and enjoyed it! True sportsman!

Reactions: Pavol2223 and lefty
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
Dan, I think you held back the vital match tip for Persson - to make Waldner play with his left hand (and maybe a blindfold too).

Now all we gotta do is replicate the Waldner backhand punched block, the Waldner lob, the Waldner drop shot, the Walder forehand topspin attack, the Waldner serve, and the Waldner cheeky turn and walk away from the table. I'm not sure 10000hrs is going to be enough:D

Awesome skills from both men.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Dan, I think you held back the vital match tip for Persson - to make Waldner play with his left hand (and maybe a blindfold too).

Now all we gotta do is replicate the Waldner backhand punched block, the Waldner lob, the Waldner drop shot, the Walder forehand topspin attack, the Waldner serve, and the Waldner cheeky turn and walk away from the table. I'm not sure 10000hrs is going to be enough:D

Awesome skills from both men.

Aha! I new I forgot a tactic! :)

I know we have a lot to work on @SpinQuark They are amazing, godly table tennis! Notice how relaxed they are when they play. Gracious tt! But the backhand punch is something definitely to try and learn, very effective.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
I saw them in the Dutch town of Hoorn on 24th May 2010. My hometown wasn't far away and the admission was cheap too. The show was sometimes funny but impressive in general. It really made my day. This show was more entertaining than the one I saw in Holland!

Last edited: