PDA

View Full Version : Help with rubbers!

asherd
08-18-2014, 10:07 PM
Hi! For the last 6 months I've been using Donic Waldner Diablo Senso with Acuda s2 on forehand and Acuda s3 on backhand. The rubbers are kinda old, and I'm thinking of changing them. I have gotten much better since then. On my backhand I need lots of control because I block and push mainly, but I'm starting to do some flicks and attacking a bit. I'm still quite bad with topspin. On my forehand is where I play the most. I need a rubber with more spin and speed. I attack mostly 5th ball and I topspin and smash a lot. What would you recommend? Thanks

Sa1ko
08-18-2014, 10:38 PM
there are numerous rubbers out there, so these are just a few sugestions
for the fh: Acuda S1 (obviously faster than S2, but still spinny); Bluefire M1 or Coppa X1 gold (about as fast as S1 and same spin, but resp. higher and lower trow angle); Donic Traction MS pro (never played it myself, but they say it's a great fh rubber); Rasant (grip) (about as fast as S1, but more spin, i really like it on my fh); Calibra LT (harder then S1 and especially good for playing far from the table); Tibhar 5Q, Aurus, Evolution EL-P, Nimbus (not really a fan of tibhar, so haven't played with those); Tenergy series (too expensive for my liking, never used it as a result)
for the bh: it depends on how fast you want to go, i play with Rasant Powersponge (a tad faster and spinnier than S3, but still very good control), also possible Bluefire M3 or M2 (again the high trow angle), Coppa X2 or X3 (low trow) or S2 (well you know that rubber), Calibra Tour S, Tibhar Genius (sound), Aurus sound or Nimbus soft
this list probably isn't finished, but you get the picture. if you want, this is a good site for some research: http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/

asherd
08-19-2014, 12:00 AM
Thank you!!

mahomedy13
08-19-2014, 03:19 AM
you can try yasaka rakza 7
Cheaper than tenergy,but just as good or even better:)

rhonis
08-19-2014, 08:05 AM
I also play same style bh. More block smash and pushing than topspin. I therefore could advice rasant powersponge. Perfect controll and enough speed. Fh i love bluefire m1 voor the throw angle, but that is not for everyone.

Krispy
08-20-2014, 01:46 PM
I go with the Rakza9 on the bh side. Wouldn't say I use it mainly for pushing and blocking, but it does the job very well. It even leaves room for creativity and some spin. When I started with this it was hard to master. But if you put enough time and effort in it, the bh will give you a lot of confidence and control.

DDF2
08-20-2014, 10:11 PM
I like playing a medium-hard sponge on my backhand with a tacky sheet. It gives great control in the serve/receive especially on a responsive blade.
It also gives the blocks and pushes a bit more force so you can play more aggressively.