PDA

View Full Version : The value of Asian Games?

Alborz
08-19-2014, 04:39 PM
Asian games is coming soon.
I just what to know the value of it. Is it as important as World Cup or WTTC or just as important as a Pro Tour?
Also anyone knows the qualified players?

tabletennisuk
08-19-2014, 04:43 PM
In terms of prestige... I'm sure it's below only the Olympics for those in Asia, similar to commonwealth games for those who are eligible...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TTLOVE
08-19-2014, 04:47 PM
Ma Long and xu xin are qualificated.

Der_Echte
08-19-2014, 09:14 PM
It is good to have continental competitions, another thing and another chance to compete, good stuff I think.

Alborz
08-20-2014, 11:20 AM
Ma Long and xu xin are qualificated.
So Zhang Jike will not play there? Is there any team competition or doubles?

TTLOVE
08-20-2014, 01:26 PM
i don't know it .

zjkfanforever
08-20-2014, 05:06 PM
So Zhang Jike will not play there? Is there any team competition or doubles?

It ranks below the Grand Slam tournaments, i.e. WTTC, WC, OG, but above World Tour Grand Final.

CNT has not announced its lineup for Asian Games, so, we don't know who's playing and who's not.

There are no qualification requirement, it's up to the coaching staff. Actually, the news said that CNT already has a preliminary list which it chooses not to disclose to the public now.

ZJK, ML, XX and other CNT members are in Guangzhou in a 35 day closed training for the Asian Games. There probably will be a warm up match at the end of the closed training.

TT4Life
08-20-2014, 05:36 PM
Ah 35 days closed training :) so cool :cool:

mahomedy13
08-21-2014, 04:30 AM
according to Ma longs facebook page,he is taking part.

Alborz
08-21-2014, 08:04 AM
It ranks below the Grand Slam tournaments, i.e. WTTC, WC, OG, but above World Tour Grand Final.

CNT has not announced its lineup for Asian Games, so, we don't know who's playing and who's not.

There are no qualification requirement, it's up to the coaching staff. Actually, the news said that CNT already has a preliminary list which it chooses not to disclose to the public now.

ZJK, ML, XX and other CNT members are in Guangzhou in a 35 day closed training for the Asian Games. There probably will be a warm up match at the end of the closed training.
They have closed training so i think it is an important tournament to them. I hope ZJK get there for men's singles event.

matzreenzi
08-21-2014, 01:48 PM
Just go watch the reaction of the winner of the 2010 Asian Games Guangzhou..it is a big tour if u ask me or maybe bcoz of other personal things..

Butt Stallion
08-21-2014, 02:20 PM
You are definitely the best player in the world if you win Chinese National Games, everything else is not important as long as not all of the chinese pros are playing the international tournaments as well. But winning against all the National and Provincial chinese players in one tournament? Nothing is harder then this, sad but true :D :D