The value of Asian Games?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
In terms of prestige... I'm sure it's below only the Olympics for those in Asia, similar to commonwealth games for those who are eligible...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
So Zhang Jike will not play there? Is there any team competition or doubles?

It ranks below the Grand Slam tournaments, i.e. WTTC, WC, OG, but above World Tour Grand Final.

CNT has not announced its lineup for Asian Games, so, we don't know who's playing and who's not.

There are no qualification requirement, it's up to the coaching staff. Actually, the news said that CNT already has a preliminary list which it chooses not to disclose to the public now.

ZJK, ML, XX and other CNT members are in Guangzhou in a 35 day closed training for the Asian Games. There probably will be a warm up match at the end of the closed training.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alborz
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
It ranks below the Grand Slam tournaments, i.e. WTTC, WC, OG, but above World Tour Grand Final.

CNT has not announced its lineup for Asian Games, so, we don't know who's playing and who's not.

There are no qualification requirement, it's up to the coaching staff. Actually, the news said that CNT already has a preliminary list which it chooses not to disclose to the public now.

ZJK, ML, XX and other CNT members are in Guangzhou in a 35 day closed training for the Asian Games. There probably will be a warm up match at the end of the closed training.
They have closed training so i think it is an important tournament to them. I hope ZJK get there for men's singles event.

This user has no status.
You are definitely the best player in the world if you win Chinese National Games, everything else is not important as long as not all of the chinese pros are playing the international tournaments as well. But winning against all the National and Provincial chinese players in one tournament? Nothing is harder then this, sad but true :D :D