Stiga Calibra Tour Review on TTD is unsatisfied... !!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
hi there,
i m very disappointed... my friend used to tell me that TTD have the most true and authenticate reviews of every table tennis equipments which i can trust !!

so i saw the review of CALIBRA TOUR series in which you you said that they are extremely spinny.....
so i ordered two worth 82 eur......
cumon man. they are near to no spin... you lied... cumon.. i trusted you and yu lied.. how can u....

i know your review was stiga sponsored... but still.... you cant fool thousand of people just because they are sponsoring your episode....!!

disappointed..

This user has no status.
hi there,
i m very disappointed... my friend used to tell me that TTD have the most true and authenticate reviews of every table tennis equipments which i can trust !!

so i saw the review of CALIBRA TOUR series in which you you said that they are extremely spinny.....
so i ordered two worth 82 eur......
cumon man. they are near to no spin... you lied... cumon.. i trusted you and yu lied.. how can u....

i know your review was stiga sponsored... but still.... you cant fool thousand of people just because they are sponsoring your episode....!!

disappointed..

I sincerely hope you are under the age of 10 because the last time I read a post as daft as that it was 3 am on a Sunday morning, I was drunk and I wrote it ... Not this forum I may add 😀

A review is a personal interpretation of what is being tested, the lads try to give a balanced objective review of what's being used according to how it feels to them.

Remember Dan and Tom are accomplished players and what they might find in the rubber a less experienced player won't..... Just a thought.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well I was surprised by the C-Tour review as well. My experience with the rubber was also not very good. Put it this way, I was very disappointed by its performance, because I couldn't hit a single ball over the net. But rather than calling out to Dan and Tom who could play very well with the rubber, I accepted that maybe there was a wrong batch which I got, or (more likely) my technique wasn't compatible with that kind of rubber. So I went on, got my Rakza's and bam!, playing comfortably.

Bottom-line of my story: Don't trust solely on the equipment, but put some effort in it to make it work or accept that this isn't meant for u. But never burn down people who try to help you. They just showed you what can be done with this rubber, they never mentioned that it would do all the hard work for u.

This user has no status.
You have to get used to the rubber first, Ive had this problem with sevral rubbers but its just a matter of getting used to the rubber and be able to get the maximum dwell out of it. First I switched from Hurricane 3 Neo to Xiom Vega Probut for some reason I did not get any spin on the ball. but after a while when I was used to the rubber I was able to create a hell lot of spin on the ball. Ive also had the same problem.

Here is how to find out if the problem is on the rubber or your technique;

Throw the ball at your rubber from the side (this should generate some spin) with your bat ol like 40-45 degrees and then try to get the ball to land on your bat again and see if it jumps up (because of the spin). I hope you know what im talking about.

So if the ball jumps up the rubber generates good spin and its just a matter of technique but if the ball falls straight down than its the rubber thats not grippy enough.

Reactions: joskokustura

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hi @destinycreator123 sorry you have had a bad experience with the rubber. I think a lot of players have already mentioned in the thread, rubbers are not for everyone and me and @Tom have our own styles that could be different to yours.

Our recent review of the Stiga infinity blade, we both used the Calibra Tours and had a good playing experience with them:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
This rubber is not lacking in spin. But as it is some new concept for many that the grip is generated by rough top sheet rather than grippy/tacky like the norm, the demand in technique is different as well. You can't expect a light touch to get spin. Only play it hard that the merit of the rubber will show. In fact there are many lesser known Chinese rubbers employ this kind of top sheet long before Stiga did. Sword Hero is one.

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Buddy, I think that you need to get adjusted to the equipment. This is a challenge which we face when we change and try new setups. I am also facing a similar challenge right now. Some of us don't need much time to adjust whereas, some of us (like me) get disappointed very soon. Remember, each of the brands which we talk about are absolute world class and so are there products. I am not saying that we don't get bad quality products now and then but yes, we should understand that each company is here to win its loyalists and build a brand image. That is only possible if they deliver high quality products.

Also, most of us are not professionals, at least, this is completely true for me. So I would take more patience and more time to keep practicing and have complete faith on my equipment.

Cheers and play well :)