PDA

View Full Version : What is most stupidest excuse given to you after someone has lost a match?

rajd1234
08-23-2014, 04:08 PM
Hi all,
Share some of the stupidest excuse that someone has given to you after they have lost a match to you.
Probably this happens in local club practice matches..

JHB
08-23-2014, 05:45 PM
" I didn't realise you were left-handed. "

Tommy16
08-23-2014, 05:51 PM
I think that stupidest excuse came from my own mouth. I lost a tennis mach and I sais to my mate that I felt sleepy becouse of my allergy medicine. That was 25 years ago and I think I will never forget it. After that... not too many excuses:).

mahomedy13
08-23-2014, 06:16 PM
i(opponent) gave you(me) a chance(after losing 11-0)

Amayzde
08-23-2014, 07:14 PM
I have this one team mate that always blames something that has nothing to do with the match. Like last time I played against him I had one net ball in the first set and that was the only one I had. He had like 5-7 during the match. I won 3-0 easily. He said I had so much luck... yeah right?!

Butt Stallion
08-23-2014, 07:39 PM
opponent: "I was in jail and couldnt practise a lot..." XD

TTLOVE
08-23-2014, 08:53 PM
The rubbers not grip because away humidity
The table is in slope

vvk1
08-23-2014, 09:27 PM
* "the ball just didn't bounce on the table"
* "ball bounced funny, must be something wrong with the floor"
* "your teammate distracted me ..."
* "I was too tired/sick/distracted to play properly"
* "my (recently purchased) tenergy 05 rubber lost grip"

Sean_Paul
08-23-2014, 10:19 PM
No grip, rubbers sucks xD

Pongfinity
08-23-2014, 10:37 PM
"I thought the match was best of 7 games, not 5. I would have played totally different if I had known it" :cool:

Der_Echte
08-24-2014, 12:26 AM
Homework ate the dog.

Dog driving car distracted me.

Cat got my tongue.

Cat next table was CHOing.

Baal
08-24-2014, 03:32 AM
There was a lot of air in this playing hall.

tabletennisuk
08-24-2014, 08:54 AM
You didn't give me much of a knock in the warm up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vvk1
08-24-2014, 12:51 PM
IMHO, any excuse said to the face of the match winner by the player who lost is stupid. The only acceptable response is to congratulate the opponent on the well-deserved win.

Also, it never hurts to ask the other player what, in their opinion, what was it you did or didn't do or didn't do well enough that allowed them to win. Sometimes you get a real golden nugget of an advice as a result.

Sa1ko
08-24-2014, 02:52 PM
a few excuses i've heard:
-the walls are too yellow (note: we play with orange balls and the walls in our old hall weren't white, but not yellow either, more beige like)
-you used to much spin, if you'd play real table tennis you would've never won (from an over the table counter hitter i defeated with mainly heavy backspin)

Krispy
08-25-2014, 09:00 AM
''I was distracted by the supporters''

Rajah*
08-25-2014, 09:26 AM
" im not warm yet, lets have another best of five, it will be totally diffrent this time "

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

rajd1234
08-25-2014, 04:36 PM
" im not warm yet, lets have another best of five, it will be totally diffrent this time "

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
I had this one too... :)

fais
08-26-2014, 07:45 PM
"we aren't playing to 21?"

anchorschmidt
08-26-2014, 08:06 PM
"I can beat you with your racket"

I took him up on the challenge. He lost :D

iammaru
08-27-2014, 09:06 PM
"I didn't try my best" or "I didn't use my pendulum serve because it's just a training match" (I want to save it for competitive matches)
Well, in fact, his pendulum serve was not effective against me, that's why he didn't use it.
Sometimes it's true that people don't try their best in training match but using it as an excuse is stupid. You don't try hard enough, you lose, no excuse, just put in more effort next time if you don't wanna lose.

agold
08-27-2014, 11:40 PM
"I didn't try my best" or "I didn't use my pendulum serve because it's just a training match" (I want to save it for competitive matches)
Well, in fact, his pendulum serve was not effective against me, that's why he didn't use it.
Sometimes it's true that people don't try their best in training match but using it as an excuse is stupid. You don't try hard enough, you lose, no excuse, just put in more effort next time if you don't wanna lose.

Actually in a training match you should be trying extra hard—trying to make more risky shots to make them more consistent.

agold
08-27-2014, 11:41 PM
For me "I just changed my rubber and I'm not used to it." Give your excuses to your coach please

rajd1234
08-28-2014, 05:43 AM
For me "I just changed my rubber and I'm not used to it." Give your excuses to your coach please
Somedays before...i had to play with a guy (read newb) who doesnt even know how to loop properly....and after a match where i missed 2 blocks...he came to me saying that...is that your new rubber sheet...i think you are finding it hard to control...then i said 'really...hw abt another match then'...i will just defend...u hit..lol...now every time he sees me around a table...he runs away from there...

ttmonster
08-28-2014, 12:45 PM
but really this was not table tennis , you just won with your serves :) :)

JHB
08-28-2014, 05:33 PM

Lol the sad thing is that's totally true with some people, if you can actually get their services back they haven't got a %^**! clue after that !!

Der_Echte
08-28-2014, 06:42 PM

I hear that one a lot as my serve/attack game is a better standard than other aspects of my game, but that doesn't mean that is all I can do.

So, sometimes, vs those who complain that way, I serve very light underspin short or half long and allow them to return the ball. Sometimes I open my attack, sometimes I give them one more chance to open first, then it is no moar Mr. Nice Guy. Result is the same, just done differently.

JHB
08-28-2014, 09:38 PM
Playing lots of doubles I sometimes have to do the opposite to Der_Echte - in other words deliberately trying to win points just with service - in order to make up for the amount of points we lose when the oppo is serving. :o I actually prefer to win points in rallies, but there are a lot of players out there who think a rally is something you do in a car......

Der_Echte
08-28-2014, 11:42 PM
Serving vs a player who never saw your serves is better than military psychological warfare itself. You always keep changing the spin, speed, depth, break suddenly and subtle using the same service motion. Always fun to look at an opponent puzzled by your serve time and time again. But lets get real, you can only really do that to players a few levels below you for long. But then again, the ones making excuses about losing to you are usually a few levels below you.