This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
This is backspin of middle range not short service, short service has to rebound at least two or three times over the table..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Very envious of the quality of the backspin serve, hope you make some tutorials on serves (maybe for shakehand like me as well hehe) some time!

haven't made a video in ages, quite time consuming, so will try and use text.

First try and only contact the bottom of the ball and get the ball to bounce backwards after a few ball
You may want to try and let the ball bounce high and slow over the net - that is easier, as the lower the ball, the more acceleration force and more difficut to come back.

The contact on rubber/sponge is very "light", but the ball need to sink in as deep as possible.
Again - underneath the ball, not behind the ball.

This user has no status.
I really like this idea.. a great way to introduce oneself to the forum. Not only is this a great way to get to know each other better, but at the same time allow you to showcase your abilities abilities. Unfortunately I won't be able to post today, but hopefully in the next couple of days I might.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
haven't made a video in ages, quite time consuming, so will try and use text.

First try and only contact the bottom of the ball and get the ball to bounce backwards after a few ball
You may want to try and let the ball bounce high and slow over the net - that is easier, as the lower the ball, the more acceleration force and more difficut to come back.

The contact on rubber/sponge is very "light", but the ball need to sink in as deep as possible.
Again - underneath the ball, not behind the ball.

Would love to see some of your other serves, topspin, hook serves? If you have time for some videos then I will be your first fan and subscriber :)

Reactions: Dan

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews

Sorry for bad quality it was recorded 3-4 years ago with a cell phone camera.

p.s. I wasnt trying to hit the camera though, quite the opposite :D

Great shot! :) Nice serves @TTFrenzy

I really like this idea.. a great way to introduce oneself to the forum. Not only is this a great way to get to know each other better, but at the same time allow you to showcase your abilities abilities. Unfortunately I won't be able to post today, but hopefully in the next couple of days I might.

I agree, this is a good topic, allows you to see members play. Looking forward to your serves @Fais

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Great shot! :) Nice serves @TTFrenzy

I agree, this is a good topic, allows you to see members play. Looking forward to your serves @Fais

Thanks Dan I have some pretty good kick down the line serves to post also. I'm gonna edit the videos when I have free time

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Thanks Dan I have some pretty good kick down the line serves to post also. I'm gonna edit the videos when I have free time

Great! I'm looking forward to them! Maybe I should try see if we can have a some sort of video portal (upload) on here, or is youtube embedding good enough?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Read 4 reviews

Hi Tony, nice to see you here :)

Good serve! Heavy backspin on it, really impressive.

Last years I improve my "pendulum hight toss serve". It's more difficult to do the serve and control the distance (to serve short qhen it's needed) but you can give the ball more spin. I'll try to put some video when I have time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hi Tony, nice to see you here :)

Good serve! Heavy backspin on it, really impressive.

Last years I improve my "pendulum hight toss serve". It's more difficult to do the serve and control the distance (to serve short qhen it's needed) but you can give the ball more spin. I'll try to put some video when I have time.

Thanks Josep, yeah, great to see you on here too.
I only saw 3 trickshot videos this year, and 2 of them are yours - very impressive.

Yes, high toss serve alone is difficult to serve short, as well as pendulum, yet alone those 2 added together.

I recall one time (where I had to help out my club mate as they were short of players for a premier league league match, so I came out of retirement) I served normal high toss with underspin - short to medium long (2nd bounce was just before edge of table, and there was still a 3rd bounce), but I serve with a very fast action, but the ball was actually very light in weight with heavy underspin, so first bounce was fast, but the ball slow down after 2nd bounce.

The player went for a FH top spin, but the ball touch the table again while he was busy with that top spon shot and landed the 3rd time and he was confused.
This was also the first serve of the match. A pity I didn't have it recorded.
It left he player confused :p