Galaxy N-9 blade

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Haha, now you ask, I actually used the N-9 for one year.

The entire line of N series wood blades are for all intents and purposes inexpensive OFF- to OFF wood blades that perform pretty much the same. If you were made bats with the same rubbers across their N Series line, you would be hard pressed to identify what blade is what each time.

They play different than the 896. Blade is a litter stiffer and faster, more solid. For the price, a very decent selection if you want a offensive style bat you can take to a prolonged and brutal war and damage it without any guilt. I used Dawei Inspirit Quattro with that blade and any ole BH rubber and it worked decent enough. Slap something on FH that is kinda softish to medium firm. Don't go for a hard rubber there, prolly wont feel well.

All in all, I think the 896 and W-6 from Yinhe are the better choices for minimum money, but the N Series wood blades are more than worth what you pay for them.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Read 4 reviews
Haha, now you ask, I actually used the N-9 for one year.

The entire line of N series wood blades are for all intents and purposes inexpensive OFF- to OFF wood blades that perform pretty much the same. If you were made bats with the same rubbers across their N Series line, you would be hard pressed to identify what blade is what each time.

They play different than the 896. Blade is a litter stiffer and faster, more solid. For the price, a very decent selection if you want a offensive style bat you can take to a prolonged and brutal war and damage it without any guilt. I used Dawei Inspirit Quattro with that blade and any ole BH rubber and it worked decent enough. Slap something on FH that is kinda softish to medium firm. Don't go for a hard rubber there, prolly wont feel well.

All in all, I think the 896 and W-6 from Yinhe are the better choices for minimum money, but the N Series wood blades are more than worth what you pay for them.

Hmm,very difficult to decide,i dont want to change my fh rubber because i think its perfect for my type of player-something between allround and off
But,i already ordered it so i will try it-i can always change it back
And about 896 where can i buy it cheap?

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
colestt.com and eacheng.net are where I have been lately getting most of my Chinese equipment, but the first 896 blade I ever bought was from Alex at OOAK (one of a kind trading) in Australia. I bought an 896 blade, an 868 Tokyo rubber and an LP rubber to tryout as a scout bat vs LP players. Bought that many years back.

All of those places (and also affordable table tennis from Australia) (Where I bought my N-9 many years back) sell the blades for a reasonable cost.

The problem with buying from outside your country or continent is that international shipping costs more than a little money and you must order enough to balance out the average cost. So, when you want just a blade or a rubber, sometimes the postage costs more than the shipping.

That may become a problem if I cough up an 896 bat with rubbers for forumers to tryout and pass along... a former might be able to build the bat for the same or less cost than it does to send it oversees to another member.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I think your 999 rubber, after you play daily with it a few weeks would be an OK rubber for your FH on the N Series. You want something soft enough to easily engage the sponge for spin and the blade will give enough speed, not overpowering, but enough. Don't be surprised if you do not feel the blade is really special, after all, it is only a very inexpensive blade and nothing in the class of a Zhang Jike Super from BTY.

Anything soft enough to use the sponge that you are comfortable with should do fine, unless you are a hitter, then you go with those hitting rubbers you like, such as Calibra LT or LT+.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
My sponsor Nexy (nexy.com) also is a distributor for Galaxy in Korea and the 896 blade I always rave about costs 11.11 EUR there, but again, like other places, shipping to Europe from Korea is going to cost as much as the blade itself or more. Just as with anywhere else, if you try to order everything from the same place, your average cost is lower than if you piecemeal it from everywhere. Nexy is a good place to pick up Aurus pretty cheap. If a player gets say 2-4 rubbers and a blade from one place and shipping is 15 Euros or so, then the average cost of the gear he bought isn't so bad. For just one item, ordering from oversees is usually a net loss.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I started out with the N-10. It kind of sucked. Good speed but very little ball feeling and strange high pitched toc sound. The handle was also too big and uncomfortable to hold. My current blade has a much more satisfying "whack" sound and much more ball-feeling with reduced vibration.

My experience with the blade was kinda similar. This blade is firm and fast, but many other blades feel better. The 896 and W6 from the same company are in my opinion much better oprtions, but what the heck, for around 10-15 Euros, what do you expect out of a blade? Even at that price point the 896 trumps it easily.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
My experience with the blade was kinda similar. This blade is firm and fast, but many other blades feel better. The 896 and W6 from the same company are in my opinion much better oprtions, but what the heck, for around 10-15 Euros, what do you expect out of a blade? Even at that price point the 896 trumps it easily.

Yes, I just bought it because I just wanted a simple setup to see what I like. Though I like my current blade, I find it a bit head heavy. Are the handles of other Galaxy blades just as thick? Though I have large hands, I prefer thinner handles. I had an injury on my index finger when I was younger but now my finger bends very slightly outwards. Using a thinner handle allows me to use the correct grip.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Buy 'em all and try 'em all to find out, but I bet you will not tell much difference across the N-Series.

Herr Schmidt haha I use the same last name for my name when I am in Germany haha. I had use a number of the other Galaxy blades, namely the 896, the W-1 and the W-6. I find the handle a little too thin for me and I got tiny paws, but they are thick paws. I like a wider, thicker handle. I think you will be happy with the handle on either of those blades. The W-1 with even carbon feels al lot like an OFF- to OFF classic Stiga wood blade. The W-6 feels like a slightly slower version of that. The 896 varies beteww ALL+ with some vibration to an OFF- to OFF stiff/hard. With Aurus and XP 2008, I can use the 896 no matter what batch it came out.

I use grip tape on all the Galaxy blades I have used, the majority of the Nexy blades and the TBS, even if TBS handle is kinda large enough, I like grip tape on that handle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
Buy 'em all and try 'em all to find out, but I bet you will not tell much difference across the N-Series.

Herr Schmidt haha I use the same last name for my name when I am in Germany haha. I had use a number of the other Galaxy blades, namely the 896, the W-1 and the W-6. I find the handle a little too thin for me and I got tiny paws, but they are thick paws. I like a wider, thicker handle. I think you will be happy with the handle on either of those blades. The W-1 with even carbon feels al lot like an OFF- to OFF classic Stiga wood blade. The W-6 feels like a slightly slower version of that. The 896 varies beteww ALL+ with some vibration to an OFF- to OFF stiff/hard. With Aurus and XP 2008, I can use the 896 no matter what batch it came out.

I use grip tape on all the Galaxy blades I have used, the majority of the Nexy blades and the TBS, even if TBS handle is kinda large enough, I like grip tape on that handle.

Ok, thanks a lot!