W997 with H5 grip review!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Hi, I am RyanLol. I want to write review for W997. But sadly, I use this blade only for 2 weeks so this review may be revised or added continually with some information. I am really sorry about my bad Englsih but I want to share about the characteristic of W997 and my experience with you. :)
b75ff4e2f875ee2fa0816f1c5e3415ce.jpg
09b61c774da4bc5d41d19fdf85d28244.jpg
(with self tacky cover and non-tacky film in the photo)

I have used Neo H3 Provinical for forehand(but I think this is fake version because I met my a semi-player friend in china and he told me that Provincial version was very hard to find in the market or online even the Chinese mainland. They(owners) said that "this was the real version!" but nobody makes sure owing to tooo many fake rubbers.) and used Tenergy 05 for backhand.

My racket is 92g with ALC but I feel that this is more light than other composition blades in the same gram. But it is totlly "heavy" in comparison with other all-wood layer blades in the same gram.

[Forehand]

In the forehand, I feel that W997 is very well matched with Chinese rubber especially NeoH3. ALC is also carbon blade so it has more repulsive power than only 7-layers wood blade, so many of the chinese rubbers have a tacky and dead repulsive, these characters make player well to play with control and speed. W997 has also great feeling. A vibration is a little bit moderated and I know whether this shot is missed or not because of much clear feeling.(You know that I used Infinity VPS, VPS has also great feeling because of all-wood layers but W997 has something different, yeah it has ALC blade but it is different other carbon or composition blade's feeling, I can not catch still it...)

I have tested about forehand drive, forehand loop and flick. In the forehand drive and loop, I can surely see that the ball goes very low orbit and spinny, so it can make opponent hard to hit the ball correctly. But when I try to flick, the ball goes too fast and goes out without control, so it has just 50 percent or below. When I used VPS with flick, I did it very well, so I think this problem needs to adjust W997 for me.

[Backhand]

I have tested with backdrive, cut and backflick. I have used Tenergy 05 for a long time for backhand, so backhand drive is almost same angle and orbit but much fast because of carbon. But I think this blade has not wide sweet spot because it is very clear where I touch the ball, so if i hit the ball with slightly mistake then the ball goes out or net. Not to wish the fortune ball, Never.

When I try to cut for backspin, It goes much longer than all-wood layer blades, so I can hit the ball with targeting the end-line very easy with the same power. Finally I tested backflick. When I try to do this, it is somewhat hard because it is heavier than my former VPS(88g). I did it the same pose, used my wrist and reaction but the success ratio is not so good. I think I need to practice to catch the timing for backflick with composition balde.

[Conclusion]

I am satisfied with forehand because I can feel definitly different feeling in comparison with other blades, so now forehand drive is my powerful skill. In the backhand, I wrote this character as above, I manage in using these skills. But the sweet spot is not wide, instead DHS 506 with H3 grip has very very wide sweet spot and it is the greatest feeling in 7-all woods layers blade.

My review is done, thank you for reading my post and sorry for my English. I will update this review when I find other information. If you have other question, please write the comments. :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
very beautiful! Where did you buy it?
I am given by my trustworthy chinese semi-player friend. He told me that he can find it for me with some effort because the blade can be seen whether it is fake or not.(serial number, thickness, color and bounce dgree without rubber, etc.)

In other topic, I also want to get Provincial neo version or National neo version rubber, but he told me that there are no such a thing as a National version for neo.(This is only provided by National Team.) Maybe, Provincial version will be with very low percent because their are toooo many fake even if it has own number, production mark and serial.

So you can buy this racket through a steadfast online site or request your friend, then you can get it.:)

Last edited: