Basic Efects of Serves - made by Me

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
Hello, I made two videos for shows the basic effects of serves. What can i improve?

Vídeo 1 - 3 básic effects:

Vídeo 2 - 3 Strong Effects:

Tnx for Watching !!!

Criticisms are welcome

This user has no status.
what to improve in the first video;

-try to keep your short serves lower over the net even if there is a load of backspin in it I can still flick it over the net easily.

Your fast serve was good, nothing wrong with that one.

Second video;

-Once Again keep your serves lower.
-On the reverse serve (the last one) it seems like you dont have any control about the placement. try to not rip into the ball on that serve too much try to keep it lo over the net and try to keep it short and then you will slowly get the hang of it and you kan start to ad more spin without the ball driving off the end of the table. This works for every new serve you want to learn by the way.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Haha, nice one Rafayoga
You tricked me, I thought you made an animation video

Regarding your service, contact the ball lower, you are contacting it too high, thus the bounce is high.
Contact lower, this will get your bounce lower, and due to your strong spin action already, it will give you more spin.

Serves is about practice and practice and practice
Deng Ya Ping used to serve 10000 balls a day

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
Looking at the last one - "right sidespin" in your video - currently there's no real deception in that service, by which I mean that it's fairly obvious to your opponent what you are doing to the ball. That being the case, if you want a strong "right sidespin" then don't neglect the possibility of serving that one backhand instead until you've mastered the forehand version a bit better. It will be much easier to generate that particular spin backhand. In fact, don't neglect backhand services generally - it's also easier to produce a surprise fast topspin with the backhand action, or at least I find it so.

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Buddy, let me congratulate you, BARVO!

Because as per me, you have crossed the first milestone. That milestone is to graze the ball gentle to generate huge amount of spin. So the quality of spin which you are generating is quite awesome. Very well done indeed.

Now comes your second hurdle, which is slightly more tough than the first milestone. This hurdle is called 'keeping ball low'. This is equally or I would say more important since this would give tremendous quality to your existing serves.

Well, how can you get the second milestone? I would suggest that you tie a string with the help of two sticks on both ends over the net. Now your challenge is to make the ball pass between the tied string and the net. You can start over by placing the string a bit higher above the net and can gradually progress by bringing it lower. Search for pingskills vidoes in youtube, actually this recommendation is from Alois Rosario and I feel that it is really a very good suggestion from his side. I am just sharing the same with you.

Also, another important point which I have noted while watching your serves is that you have a habit of watching your serve while it is landing on the opponent's side of the table. Meaning, when the ball is crossing the net, you have still not turned. Hmm...that can be a serious problem in the future where you might loose a point even after doing a good serve since you are still not in your ready position. So practice some drills where you turn and reach a ready stance before the ball crosses the net.
That's all from my end.

Practice hard and enjoy the game! Cheers

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
d5752b62c69c10eb679f00ba5eef4ff6.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Level of ball contact should be on your hip bone , not at the level of the last rib so that the ball will bounce lower almost 1inch above the net. Give it a lil spoon arc at the end of the brushing stroke it will some how help make your service more shorter if you want it short.. take time everytime you make a serve dont be in a hurry let your opponent ****in wait, you are tall so... You need to bend your legs more, arc your back to give you a better power in brushing and to make that low bounce, never watch your ball after you serve... The moment you make the contact proceed immediately to ready position on a 3rd ball attack/counter.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
Hello, I made two videos for shows the basic effects of serves. What can i improve?

When you say what can I improve, do you mean the video or the serve, I think a lot of the people above answering your post gave your improvements on the service but I got the impression you just wanted to show people the effects of the serves and I thought that was really well done, if that the case then it would nice to see your face and how you contacted the ball :)

If it's about how to improve the actual serve then I agree with a lot of what has already been said, the serves are spinny but maybe a bit too high, try and contact a little lower in the toss