The Case for Hurricane 3 NEO (FH)

ZED

This user has no status.

ZED

This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Now I started with a 729 original rubber on my FH. I then went straight to STIGA Calibra LT Plus (big mistake). I went through some 15 FH rubbers, including rasant, tenergy, and others, but the best i have and the one i will stay with is H3 Neo. Now this is strange, because all the others until the H3 NEO were tensors. Other chinese rubbers also didnt work for me, however.

Never before have i used a rubber with so many gears, such playability, spin, and control, all in such good ratio.

As evidence of this, before i used the H3 NEO, my backhand was better than my forehand. Now it is the reverse.

Has anyone experienced this?

(TL;DR: why is H3 NEO so good?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
H3N teaches you how to play with spin, speed and power at the same time. If you are getting used to it you simply increase your skill level. Same story with me buddy. And switching back from H3N to something else like T05 is almost impossible because the power you can get out of a H3N in ratio to control is unreachable for jap/euro rubbers. Probably we realize now how Heroin is, you simply can't just walk away.

H3N teaches you how to play with spin, speed and power at the same time. If you are getting used to it you simply increase your skill level. Same story with me buddy. And switching back from H3N to something else like T05 is almost impossible because the power you can get out of a H3N in ratio to control is unreachable for jap/euro rubbers. Probably we realize now how Heroin is, you simply can't just walk away.

I totally agree!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Spends tons of $$ and end up back to something similar to watch you had before - heard that countless times :)

The fact is that you get different styles and you get different equipment to suite different styles.
In your case, you seem to prefer harder sponge rubbers with some tacky on the top sheet.

I used H3 for many years, and tried out Butterfly Tackifire special when it first came out - many moons ago.
After coming back to the sport after 6 years gap, I tried some tensored and back to DHS rubbers.

I'm waiting for the new Yinhe Big Dipper (blue sponge tacky rubber) and as I promised Yogi_Bear, I will do a review too.

For me, I have full control of the gears of harder sponge rubber. I can control the amount of spin I put on too.
My short game and service have more control too.

This user has no status.
i've tried both the tg3 and the h3 (neos) on my forehand. I can say this with certainty, If i was a shakehand player, I'd be using the H3 neo. As a penholder however, for some reason I prefer the tg3. Perhaps because I use the wrist alot more... what do other penholders on this forum prefer when it comes to these two?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
I am a fan of cheap commercial DHS rubbers too for the last 3 years. My cheap DHS rubbers seem to last forever. I seem to be able to generate a lot of spin with H3 Neo. It may take a little more effort than what it does with T05 but I am not a pro that gets into many loop/counter loop situations back from the table. For close to the table H3 Neo works well. So do the other Neos. Before spending the extra $50 to get a T05 you really need to ask yourself, what force can T05 generate that I can't with H3 Neo? The answer is none to maybe a little more at the extreme speeds and spins but most of us mortals don't play there. In the end it is just a matter of do you like the feel and are you comfortable with H3 Neo.

Reactions: bachikho
This user has no status.

Well for me it was a matter of getting used to a tensor on my forehand again but after a while I was better with a tensor then the hurricane 3 neo. The H3N was hard to get used to but it did learn me how to play with spin but It just doesnt have enough power for me.

ZED

This user has no status.

ZED

This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Im tempted to get it, its just that I have a sponsorship with a catalogue that means I have to use Joola which I dont mind because I enjoy Joola Rubbers. Id love to give it a go with the Hurricane Long 3 blade.

All i can say is that for better or worse, taking a break from tensors will change your game for sure.

ZED

This user has no status.

ZED

This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Have you gotten used to it yet?

It took one or two sessions, but yeah!
It's amazing how hard and accurately i can swing :)

@agold did you know chopping is actually very powerful on our combinations?