would waldner of been as successful now?

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
do you think waldner would dominate the tt world now if he was in he prime or do you think he would be just one of them good player

i think he would be as popular but not won as much

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
thats hard to say because if he played now the same way he played back then then no he wouldn't be as successful but if he was in his prime today his style and everything would be different thats my opinion anyway

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
true i think he would block much less and be more aggressive

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I think the answer is the talent is probably there. You could always ask questions like, "Would Timo be world no1 if he was trained in the Chinese style?" etc. The world will never know, but we all know J.O. had the mental game for winning, and the talent, so he would definitely have been a strong contendor!

says Wangliqin Stop Spamming [IMG]
says Wangliqin Stop Spamming [IMG]
Oct 2010
do you think waldner would dominate the tt world now if he was in he prime or do you think he would be just one of them good player
i think he would be as popular but not won as much

what we think of Waldner here in this forum does not matter much. Do you play chess Char987 ? Have you ever studied those 200 some games of Bobby Fischer ? When you are masterful at something in certain depth and skill level, it become an art. And in my opinion Waldner ( in his prime or not) has exemplifies that art to the sports like no others in history. Surely fuckers get younger every year and they are all eager to revolutionize the sport, but do they have the wisdom, the experience to do it ?

says Photino rocks xD
says Photino rocks xD
Nov 2010
hes too old now. the skills are still there but the physical adeptness isnt. He isnt as fast as he was nor as strong. He plays with a very strategical mind and he can out think/smart his opponents easily but with the current top players, he wont win- as they train more are more physcial, and have a different technique. hes stilla legend tho xD

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
My answer is "no" and "yes".
No, his style would not be competitive enough today.
He is such a talented player both in skills and tactics. He will adapt, evolve, and get ahead.
If he were in his prime today, he would be > Timo, IMO.
Yes, he would be at the top and would give the Chinese a hard time.
There will always be one Waldner in the history of TT! :)

says anyone tel me where can i buy the return board here in...
says anyone tel me where can i buy the return board here in...
Nov 2010
NO..thats enough for waldner...he have done well before...