My Czech Open 2014 experience

This user has no status.
Hello everybody,

I just wanted to share some experience I got this year in Olomouc when I was visiting World Tour Czech Open 2014. It's 3 hrs by car to get there from my house and I just thought to myself why not ? It was always my dream to see a top quality table tennis tournament live. I was there for the last two days, 30th and 31st of August and it was a great experience.
I even got to know Vladimir Samsonov a little bit, since I was in the same hotel he was and we met in elevator once. I asked him for a picture, because he's like my favorite player of all time (besides Waldner), and when the guy I asked to take the picture was taking it I was even shaking a little bit, I was so nervous to meet my table tennis role model. We had a little talk on our way to the hall and then I wished him good luck for in his upcoming events even though I didn't know exactly what are his plans in the next season.
I was gladly surprised that he was very kind, since he easily just could not talk to me a bit but he did, it was a dream come true.
After that I got one more picture, it was with Marcos Freitas when he was leaving the hall after he won the title. He was kind as well but didn't have time for talking.
The tournament over all was very good quality, some great matches out there, I enjoyed that trip a whole lot.

Anyway, thanks for reading folks, wish you a good luck in your TT life :).

2014-08-31 correct low-horz.jpg

Last edited: