Table tennis training program for me

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
train low services with plenty of spin. Serve returns against backspin, topspin and side-spin. 3rd ball attack. Master brushing the ball. Plenty of footwork drills

All of the above is good. Also just practice becoming consistent. Practice playing at the top of the bounce. Mastering brush of the ball will really improve your game to.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 1 reviews
for outside the court could do alot of them in our training session we have 3 hours we divide them first 1 hour fitness which includes jogging push ups sit ups pull ups jumping and side steps that what u can do out side court having great muscles gives u a speed and out fitting advantage then the next 2 hours training which is multi ball and service recieve that kind of training is 4 days a week u could do that in training we take one day a week to play a friendly tournament which includes singles doubles and teams and one day to talk about strategies and watch videos of players in matches and 1 day rest we train morning after noon but on school days just after noon thats how u improve well in a short time

Reactions: amekun
This user has no status.
Service practice is very important try to practice your serve every training session. It doesnt have to be for an hour but just one bowl (around 120 ball) per session.

Its also very Important to practice the 3rd ball. So of you practiced your serves get someone to return them for you and you will get a better view of which return you will get on which serve.

Goodluck!

This user has no status.
for outside the court could do alot of them in our training session we have 3 hours we divide them first 1 hour fitness which includes jogging push ups sit ups pull ups jumping and side steps that what u can do out side court having great muscles gives u a speed and out fitting advantage then the next 2 hours training which is multi ball and service recieve that kind of training is 4 days a week u could do that in training we take one day a week to play a friendly tournament which includes singles doubles and teams and one day to talk about strategies and watch videos of players in matches and 1 day rest we train morning after noon but on school days just after noon thats how u improve well in a short time

Hi
regarding your exercise regimen:
can u list all of the exercises outside the court that you all do and the number of reps if its ok

Thank you :)

This user has no status.
ok for outside the court we train on physical fitness which is

first we jog for 50 laps around the court
then we do 25 push ups
then 100 sit ups
then 50 pull ups
then 200 high jumps

it exersizes all the muscles needed for a good table tennis player then after that we start training

Thanks bro it really helps :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
ok for outside the court we train on physical fitness which is

first we jog for 50 laps around the court
then we do 25 push ups
then 100 sit ups
then 50 pull ups
then 200 high jumps

it exersizes all the muscles needed for a good table tennis player then after that we start training

Shit man, after 5 laps I have to lie down and rest:)
( and eat another sausage )
But apparently, according to my wife, I am not 25 anymore. (Still having trouble accepting that)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 1 reviews
well to be fair i am 12 years old and have been doing this for every training session since i was 10 so i am used to it and the extra muscles that build up over the years really help i went from 50 kg to 40kg now but most of it is muscle now i am 43kg because i have gotten taller and muscles also add a bit of weight

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
Serve training is very important, and I think many people skip it because in many clubs that is not a part of the practice. I have for the last couple of years tried to serve after every training. It doesn't have to be a long session, the important thing is to do it with good focus in every serve. Try out new serves and a good variation of the placement. Another important part is to do some physical exercises, check out Rhydians thread, where you can get some nice advice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Agree with doing fitness/physical training.
Skills/technique can only get you so far, the rest all ties down to fitness.

For example, in Chinese provincial team, if you can't do a double jump (skipping rope) x 50 in a row/per day, you are out then - no matter how good you are
Most of the time, the players are around 10 years old when coming into the provincial team and have one week to learn this double jump, and if the end of the week is up, and you can't do 50 a day, then you can pack your bags and go home.

So if you can do 50 double jumps, every day for the rest of your playing career - then very good
Roughly spend min 1 hours a day on fitness/physical
Lots of footwork drills you can do as well as the ones mentioned above already, that is really good too.
Ladder drills are extremely useful too and during closed training sessions and they normally do 2 x 8km runs in a week (while shorter jogs in the other days).

Other than off the table drills, if you still has access to a table - serve 1000 serves a day (if you have a lot of balls, this can be achieved in around 1 hour).

Last edited:
Reactions: SpinQuark
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You were asking about training, and exercise that is done away from the court that helps your game; right?

Side plank lifting and lowering is really good because it develops the muscles on the sides of the body that help give you power in your loop. As was said, jumping rope is good. Anything that increases cardio endurance would be good. Ab work like crunch variations.

But there is something else. Shadow footwork and stroke drills. If you do these in front of a mirror you can improve the quality and form of your stroke to some extent and the fact that you can do the "drill" for much longer since there is no such thing as a miss and you are just doing the drill for how ever long you have decided to do that. You can do this with footwork drills like Faulkenberg, a 2 point drill, 3-2-1. If you were doing this for 25 min straight your power and quality in your strokes would improve. So would your cardiovascular endurance, the strength of your legs

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You were asking about training, and exercise that is done away from the court that helps your game; right?

Side plank lifting and lowering is really good because it develops the muscles on the sides of the body that help give you power in your loop. As was said, jumping rope is good. Anything that increases cardio endurance would be good. Ab work like crunch variations.

But there is something else. Shadow footwork and stroke drills. If you do these in front of a mirror you can improve the quality and form of your stroke to some extent and the fact that you can do the "drill" for much longer since there is no such thing as a miss and you are just doing the drill for how ever long you have decided to do that. You can do this with footwork drills like Faulkenberg, a 2 point drill, 3-2-1. If you were doing this for 25 min straight your power and quality in your strokes would improve. So would your cardiovascular endurance, the strength of your legs

Oh yeah, I forgot one thing. If you are doing shadow strokes and shadow footwork drills, it is worth doing them lefty and righty. If you do them lefty you will get better at doing them righty. It is weird but it is how the nervous system works. Stuff that you have to sort of figure out and get used to when you do the side you are not used to doing helps you do the side you already are good at better too. And doing them lefty helps you play left handed better when you play someone who there is no need to play with your dominant hand. Also strengthens things that would not have gotten strengthened to balance things out a little more.

This user has no status.
Oh yeah, I forgot one thing. If you are doing shadow strokes and shadow footwork drills, it is worth doing them lefty and righty. If you do them lefty you will get better at doing them righty. It is weird but it is how the nervous system works. Stuff that you have to sort of figure out and get used to when you do the side you are not used to doing helps you do the side you already are good at better too. And doing them lefty helps you play left handed better when you play someone who there is no need to play with your dominant hand. Also strengthens things that would not have gotten strengthened to balance things out a little more.

im confused @.@ ill try it out :)