Looking for new Rubbers

This user has no status.
Hi Guys.

Ive been using Tenergy 05 FH and Bluefire M2 BH for a while now but its a little bit too fast for my liking. When I only get block balls I can get in powerfull attacks but when a ball comes slightly faster than a block most balls go off the end of the table.

So what Im looking for is a rubber for both FH and BH thats slower than Tenergy 05, medium sponge hardness. good controll (not too much of a catapult effect like Tenergy but also not too less). Has spin that comes close to Bluefire M2. Not only In rally but also on serve. A rubber that can loop slow and spinny and more flat with alot of speed.

My playing style;
Im more of an agressive attacker;
I Open up/attack every long ball slow or fast, depends on the length of the ball. I also controll the game with blocks untill I get a good ball to counter. I play close to the table and mid distance and sometimes far away when lobbing.

My strengths are; good serve. playing mid distance topspin to topspin. An excelent forehand.

My weaknesses are; Backhand is little bit of a weak point so I walk around alot in the backhand corner and use my forhand instead but sometimes I missjudge the balls direction and I walk around when the ball goes to the forehand side off the table.

Rubbers that Im NOT looking for;
Any chinese or tacky rubber, so no hurricanes!
Rubbers that have too much catapult like Bluefire, Baraccuda etc. Also no new rubbers designed for the poly ball like rasant grip or powergrip etc.

Im interested in Xiom Omega IV Europe from looking at reviews but have no experience with the rubber. Ive used Xiom Vega Pro, It was not too fast and had good amount of spin that was on an allround blade.

The blade that I will use will be my current blade;
Butterfly Innerforce ZLF

So if you have any suggestions comment below,

Thanks

Last edited:
This user has no status.
yasaka rakza 7/9/7 soft
I know you dont want those for the new ball,bt if you change your mind,then maybe try the rakza x.

Ive tried all 3 of them. The Rakza 9 is a long time ago but I believe it was to fast for my liking. The Rakza 7 is way to soft for me. And the Rakza 7 is pretty good but when I try to hit the ball flatter there is a very low margin for error and the ball goes off the end of the table or into the net... But thanks for helping.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
So why don't you want to put Vega Pro on FH/BH (or Europe on BH) of your BTY Innerforce ZLF? The amount of spin sacrificed as compared to your current T05/M2 combo will be negligible, while the amount of control you regain would actually be quite noticeable.

Yh but the Vega Pro is too hard (47,5 Deg) is as hard as a bluefire M1. And the Europe is alot softer and I think it will be too soft for me.

But anyway thanks for trying to help.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Hello Edwin your blade is good
tb zlf [emoji736] flexible more dwell time and good feel and manageable speed.
Now with the rubber i would suggest new generation
bty tackiness drive
38-39 degrees good control
descent speed 8.5
spin 9

Tackifire C
Spin 11
Speed 8.5
Hardness 41 degrees

Sriver g3
Speed 13
Spin 10
Hardness 38

Roundell hard
Speed 12.8
Spin 10.2
Hardness 40

Spin art
Speed 11.9
Spin 11.5
Hardness 48

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
No sorry Im looking for a rubber that has medium hardness and maybe medium+ but not hard rubbers like Rakza 9 or X. But thanks anyway.

First need to disagree with you, Rakza 9 is Medium to Medium Hard or Medium+, it isn't hard.
However Rakza 9 is faster than your above rubbers already, so its pointless to go for something that is faster if you are looking for slower options.
Even BF JP and Evo FXP may be too fast.

My suggest as above - go for a slower blade
or go for 1 size down on spong.

Slower blade will solve your problem
Changing rubbers may cause other issues

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I'm trying the Vega Europe un BH at the moment. It's not too slow, has great spin but perhaps it's too soft for your tastes. Speed I'd say less than T05 but not too much, I can twiddle and have no problems at all.

If changing rubbers is required. The Vega series is slower than the T05/M series.

Vega Euro is quite soft, Vega Pro is decent.
For more spin there is also Vega Japan.

The Vega series is likely the best ESN "lower gear" (+ lower price range) rubbers out there.
All the other ones (BF, Evo, etc are all same range/speed) as M2 and T05 etc so don't aspect much speed differences.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
First need to disagree with you, Rakza 9 is Medium to Medium Hard or Medium+, it isn't hard.
However Rakza 9 is faster than your above rubbers already, so its pointless to go for something that is faster if you are looking for slower options.
Even BF JP and Evo FXP may be too fast.

My suggest as above - go for a slower blade
or go for 1 size down on spong.

Slower blade will solve your problem
Changing rubbers may cause other issues

+1. I've gone from offensive composite blades to allwood. although, the clipper cr that I use at the moment is not that slow (still in the offensive side), I feel it is slower than the TB ALC and Viscaria I used back then. I started to feel the ball more, helping me to produce higher quality shots than when I used the composite ones.
But if you really wanted to change rubbers, you can go with the Vega series. Vega Pro would be a nice option. I am surprised Baracuda is fast for you, as it is one of the slowest rubbers i've tried (comparing to tenergys) but we are all different so its okay. Vega Pro would be slower than the baracuda yet has a very good spin potential.

Sorry, this was directed to the OP, and not sir Tony.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
A lot of people are saying go with Vega, and, even though you said pro is to hard for you, I agree that the Vega series may be what you want. Also, Vega Europe is a little softer than Vega Pro but I did not feel like it was too much softer. Vega Europe is a decent rubber.

However, what Tony is saying is probably the best information here. Your blade is great. But it is sort of fast. So, the rubbers you are using with a slightly slower blade may just do the trick. Primorac Off- feels a lot like the blade you are using without the Zylon. Same wood plies but no Zylon. It is not too expensive and you will always have the Innerforce ZLF to grow into. They will feel pretty similar but the Primorac Off- is a little slower and has great control.

Reactions: EricTian