need tips for pressure and training

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 1 reviews
Guys i have a tournament in 3 weeks and i am confident about winning but i am feeling alot of pressure because its in my city and i am number 1 in my home city there are some really tough oponents i need this win to get in to the national team for under 13 i was so close last time which was 5 months ago when i lost in the quarter finals and the top 4 are the national team and frm then i have trained hard so i need to know how to handle big pressure because i know when they call my name for my match i am gunna lose it so i need someone with expeirence here to help me on this and the other thing is i need to know what to train at most movement forehands backhands chops or surves and receives thank you for your help

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
persistence, there is nothing that can replace confidence. It is a mental state you either have or do not have. It is also a belief in yourself, that you can rely upon your training and experience to cope with whatever situation you are facing. Skill and caution are numbers 1 and 2, luck is good to have too, yet it seems to me in this sport, the batter skilled players have more luck! No wonder, eh? If you have become the highest rank player in your city or region, there is likely a very good reason for that. BELIEVE and go out and win.

Reactions: RyanLol
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
I think it´s really important that you focus on your own game and try not to think about that you need to win.
It´s always harder to perform at your best under pressure. Try to focus on making every point as good as you possibly can without thinking about the score and the consequenses if you lose.

I usually put some extra time training serves and receives right before big tournaments and that works well for me. Don´t forget to believe in yourself and remember that the most important in sport is to have fun. good luck! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 1 reviews
thanks der echte razzz agold and eric tain so now i know before the match i keep moving my legs so i dont feel fear practice on my weakness which is recieves use good tactics and i already have amazing speed so with my home croud cheering me i cant lose but i am still scared of the consequances of losing first i would have ever get first in my under 13 career because this is my last tournament at under 13 and my coach would hit me der echte i think u know him he is also from south korea his name islee kiwoong tell me if u know him

This user has no status.
i usually play my worst game when i really want to play good. what i found helps is not to think about the result and wanting to win the match, but focusing on winning the current point. no matter if it is a short one or a long one, just focus on winning that particular point in any way possible.

also keep in mind that the other player is also feeling the pressure. but he can't know if you are feeling it, so if you don't show it to him he will start thinking he's the only one under pressure and he will start playing even worse.

Reactions: noor RF
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
i usually play my worst game when i really want to play good. what i found helps is not to think about the result and wanting to win the match, but focusing on winning the current point. no matter if it is a short one or a long one, just focus on winning that particular point in any way possible.

also keep in mind that the other player is also feeling the pressure. but he can't know if you are feeling it, so if you don't show it to him he will start thinking he's the only one under pressure and he will start playing even worse.

Great advice! Learning to just focus on every particular point and not the final result I think is the main key to succeed in this mental sport!