Donic Bluefire Turbo

This user has no status.
M1 and JP 01 Turbo have the same sponge hardness as Omega IV Pro (47,5 degrees). Out of these rubbers I only played with the M1. It felt too hard on my Timo Boll Spirit. But I tried it from someone else who has it on a softer blade and it felt more comfortable on a softer blade. But thats just my prefference. On a my TBS I was able to do slow and fast openups but tey took more effort than usual because of the less dwell time but once there was topspin on the ball it was very easy and less effort to make a deadly and fast shot.

This user has no status.
I'm looking for a faster rubber compared to what I have today. I have tried many rubbers but can't find any that suits me. I like soft rubbers but need more speed. Pls help! :)

You could give Omega V Euro a try. I've been sponsored by Xiom in the last 2 years and I found the Omega V that came out fairly recently is a significant improvement over Omega IV. I've been playing with Omega V Pro/Asia, which are fairly hard (but I found Omega V Pro to be softer than Omega IV Pro). Omega V Euro is a softer version. I've tried it and felt it has very good ball feeling.

I also heard very good things about Andro Rasant. If I'm not mistaken, there's a soft version. Could be worth a shot for you, but I have not tried that one.

Good luck in your equipment search!

Xavier

says Back on TTD finally 🥳
I tried the Bluefire M1 once. For me it felt very strange and uncommon. I played very soft rubbers before but I think for you it shouldn't be a problem as you played the Omegas. I can't tell you how these feel in comparison, because I never played with the Omegas.
@Flash Gordon I would recommend the Andro Hexer Powersponge or the Rasant Powersponge like xavier did. While the Hexer gives you a bit better feeling for the ball, Rasant is faster.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
I tried the Bluefire M1 once. For me it felt very strange and uncommon. I played very soft rubbers before but I think for you it shouldn't be a problem as you played the Omegas. I can't tell you how these feel in comparison, because I never played with the Omegas.
@Flash Gordon I would recommend the Andro Hexer Powersponge or the Rasant Powersponge like xavier did. While the Hexer gives you a bit better feeling for the ball, Rasant is faster.

I have also tried the Bluefire M1 once and I did not like it at all. As you said it felt a bit strange, didn't get the touch I wanted. Do you think Rasant works good with The Stiga Infinity VPS V blade?

I use the bluefire m1 turbo on my practice blade if i also have the acuda s1 turbo.

Donic bluefire m1 turbo is definitely the quicker but lacks the control.
On the serves the M1T has amazing spin potential and is superisingly good when trying to pull off a short spinny serve.
Due to the hardness of the sponge blocking is simple however it does react to spin abit.
The play away from the table is unlike anything I've used before and I've had a vary of rubbers from tenergys, haifu whale 3 nat, andro rasant powergrip, dhs skyline and NEO.
My personal ratings for M1T are:

Speed 9.75/10
Spin 9.50/10
Control 6.75/10

These are the camparisons to other rubbers:

Tenergy 64:

Speed 9.50/10
Spin 8.50/10
Control 7.50/10

Tenergy 05:

Speed 9.25/10
Spin 9.25/10
Control 8.00/10

Donic Acuda s1 Turbo:

Speed 9.25/10
Spin 9.25/10
Control 7.50/10

Haifu whale III National

Speed 8.50/10
Spin 9.75/10 ( only while factory tune is new )
Control 8.25/10

Donic Bluefire M3

Speed 8.25/10
Spin 9.25/10
Control 8.75/10

Andro rasant Powergrip

Speed 9.75/10
Spin 9.50/10
Control 8.25/10

hope this helps you guys. :)

Reactions: Pingpongin'
This user has no status.
Hi Rajd,

I have been very pleased with the Omega V Pro. To me, it felt like a significant upgrade over Omega IV Pro. It is slightly softer, providing a longer ball contact. It's much easier to grab the ball and put more spin with less effort, resulting in more consistent top spin and better ball feeling.

I've also tried Omega V Asia, which I like very much as well. A bit harder than Omega V Pro, but softer than Omega IV Asia. This is the one I prefer of all Xiom rubbers as it provides more power than Omega V Pro, but still with great amount of spin. However, I would say this one is better suited for players that like to play with hard rubbers and practice regularly.

The best combination I found with these 2 rubbers is with a Xiom Vega Euro blade. I believe this is the fastest of the Xiom Vega blade family that came out on the market this year. Even though it is fast, I still found it has good control and feeling. It's more elastic (tiny bit of vibration providing good ball feedback) than Xiom Hayabusa ZXi, which I've played with for about a year.

Hope this help,
Xavier