Joola Maxxx-P & Rhyzm-P Review

Sorry it took me 2 days to post the review because of being sick and due to the typhoon. These 2 amazing rubbers have been provided by www.greenpaddle.com, the official distributor of Joola in the Philippines. I have used several versions of Rhyzms and Maxxx's in the past and all I can say these 2 are unlike any other rubbers that I have tried. I used an Ebenholz 5 blade and Avenger 5 on both rubbers as test blades.

Rhyzm-Pweight: 68 grams uncut (approx)
hardness: 45 degrees

Maxxx-P
Weight: 65 grams uncut (approx.)
Hardness: 42.5 degrees

As I opened the 2 rubbers I was in for a surprise of my life. I was expecting the usual different sponge topsheet combination but Joola has made a different design on these 2 rubbers in a very simple but elegant to look at. Large enough logos and names are very nice to look at. The topsheets of the 2 rubbers seem a little different from their predecessors in which the rubbers have a different texture and there is this increased quality that I have noticed. The sponge of the Rhyzm-P is different from the old Rhyzms because it is more porous. Also that the previous Rhyzms are in white and this is in orange. Maxxx-P is the opposite, the Maxxx 500 sponge sample that I have has a larger pore compared the Maxxx-P.

I have used the Joola 3 star celluloid ball and the DHS 40+ polyball for testing both rubbers and here are my thoughts:

Speed:

Rhyzm-P is faster than Maxxx-P by several notches. During drives and counterhitting, The speed of the Rhyzm-P is really evident when hitting through the sponge. I think Rhyzm-P is almost or in the same level of speed compared with the original Rhyzm but with a softer feel. The Maxxx-P felt faster noticeably than the previous Maxxx 450. I dunno if the cause is the topsheet but both Rhyzm-P and Maxxx-P felt harder than 45 and 42.5 degrees respectively. When I used the DHS 40+ ball on both rubbers, both have low trajectory with Rhyzm as having the lower one. I would categorize their throw as Maxxx-P low to medium throw and Rhyzm-P as low throw. Middle distance, both rubbers are good and no decrease in speed in power has been observed but far from the table the Rhyzm-P really stands out. Rhyzm has this sharp trajectory upon hitting the ball with flat hits or spin drives. Maxxx-P has an arching effect.

Spin:

Both Maxxx-P and Rhyzm-P are a notch above their previous versions. For the celluloid balls, the Maxxx-P is like a combined Maxxx 450 and 500 in spin generation. I really find the Maxxx 500 spinny in terms of looping like using a chinese rubber which is more on a brushing stroke against the ball while the Maxxx 450 is also spinny but you need to hit more through the sponge and use the sponge more also to produce spin. Both of these properties by 2 different rubbers can be found in Maxxx-P. The Rhyzm-P is not far behind in terms of spin compared to Maxxx. I thought this was just another fast rubber with more emphasis on speed and less on spin blah, blah but I was wrong and was quite surprised. This version of the Rhyzm is very spinny. The previous rhyzms are spinny but not in the level of the P version. This one seems easier to produce spin also. What made me shun away from the previous Rhyzm versions is that the 48 degree version was too fast and the others were not too spinny. I think people who love the Rhyzm 48 will love the Rhyzm-P more simply because it is spinnier, easier to produce spin and more forgiving when looping. Same goes with the Maxxx-P.
Now the question is, were they still good in spin with the DHS 40+ ball? YES! and it is a BIG YES! I tested a lot of spinny loops on all contact points and timings on the table and all I can say is that both rubbers have a very good potential in spinning the polyball. I was wondering though even if they are very spinny both arcs of the Maxxx-P and Rhyzm-P still remained low to medium only. Although my loops were spinnier when I used the Joola 3 star celluloid ball, with the DHS 40+ there are still lots of spin left but only by a very small fraction. I could still feel the difference and even the student of mine who was blocking against my loop. At least there wasn't a large loss of spin when using a polyball. The Rhyzm-P was stronger when taking the ball on the rise and peak while Maxxx-P was better when looping the ball peak and late contact. When compared to the Evolution series, I think both rubbers have more or less equal spin.

Other comparisons:

controlled blocking against attacks: Maxxx-P
active blocking or punch blocking: Rhyzm-P
smashing: Rhyzm-P
drop shots: Maxxx-P
flicks: Rhyzm-P
serves: more or less equal in spin
pushes: Maxxx-P

So for both rubbers I give them a 2 thumbs up I am verryyyyyy impressed! Although I love the Maxxx-P more, I was more surprised and impressed with the Rhyzm-P because it felt more balanced in terms of offensive capabilities at the same time being forgiving. I guess Joola has produced their own versions of rubbers that are polyball ready. I recommend the Rhyzm-P if you hit middle to far distance from the table and Maxxx-P is you still want to spin a lot when using the new polyball. I am also expecting this to be very durable. The previous Maxxx and Rhyzm versions lasts very long and a lot of people appreciates their durability especially the Rhyzm series.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
I use rhyzm p, awesome rubber. The spin potential is unlike any other rubber I have used....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Thanks, yogi.
Rhyzm-p is mentioned by Aruna Quadri. After watching him in World Cup, I 'm quite interested in his equipment.
I personally found Rhyzm 48 to be extremely spinny in short games. If Rhyzm-P was part of the reason that he could do receives that were so spinny that even Zhang Jike had troubles flipping them, I wouldn't be surprised lol.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Great review, do you think the Joola Rhyzm rubbers are a good way to go still?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Great review, do you think the Joola Rhyzm rubbers are a good way to go still?

It seems to me that just because the industry throws several dozen new rubbers on the market each year, rubbers that have been released only a few years ago are considered outdated.

If that were so, Sriver, Coppa or Mark V would be long gone. I sure wouldn´t miss them, but many would.

So, if your question is whether Rhyzm rubbers are still competitive enough, the answer is yes. You should try the preferred model and see if it fits your game. If it does, there´s no need to change next season when someone introduces hotter shit ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Hi there.

Reading this great coment it made me to purhase rhyzm p rubbers max thickness and joola k7 blade. What I was wondering if You or someone else comment this setup. I am amater TT lover.

Thanks

PS.
My game improved drasticly after purhasing this setup

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
Hi there.

Reading this great coment it made me to purhase rhyzm p rubbers max thickness and joola k7 blade. What I was wondering if You or someone else comment this setup. I am amater TT lover.

Thanks

PS.
My game improved drasticly after purhasing this setup

I can say that the K7 blade and the original Rhyzm rubbers were a perfect combination. When my Rhyzms wore out I changed them for Tibhar Evolution MX-P and MX-S and I didn't really get on with those at all - too bouncy and too heavy - so in the end I moved to my current Butterfly combination in order to regain a bit of control. I've never tried Rhyzm-P and I haven't yet come across anyone else using it so I can't really comment on that. I still wonder whether I should grab a couple of sheets of Rhyzm Original before it disappears !

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Topsheet is hard or very soft (rhyzm p) ? I need bh rubber on my imperial blade on forhand side i have rasant/ t05 but my blade have high throw so airoc s is not working