Recommend me a blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Hi everyone,

I need your expertise. The rubbers I play with are the Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 and Sriver G3 FX 2.1 on the backhand. I am looking for a blade with is good for blocking and looping if this is possible with these rubbers. I am a local league intermediate player in the UK (play 2-3 times a week). Money is not an issue when it comes to my ping pong.

I guess I need a fairly stiff blade that is not overly quick so I can control it. Its worth noting that I do try to play a 3rd ball topspin game when serving.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Hi everyone,

I need your expertise. The rubbers I play with are the Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 and Sriver G3 FX 2.1 on the backhand. I am looking for a blade with is good for blocking and looping if this is possible with these rubbers. I am a local league intermediate player in the UK (play 2-3 times a week). Money is not an issue when it comes to my ping pong.

I guess I need a fairly stiff blade that is not overly quick so I can control it. Its worth noting that I do try to play a 3rd ball topspin game when serving.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks!!

I wwould recomend a stiga emerald vps v or the stiga clipper wood.the butterfly viscaria would do well,but the blade is fast.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
A lot of the BTY composites, and nowadays, other company make great composite blades.

Although I can block well with just about any setup I use, I feel my best when I have a stiffish composite blade to do that task.

Timo Boll ALC, TBS, SC, Amulart, PC, and any of the ZLF work great. From Nexy, the Arirang, Calix II, & the OSCAR is a special beast for this, and the new Kanaph. Tibhar INCA is particularly good.

One thing to consider is that although we place a special emphasis on a certain shot and want a blade and rubber combo to optimize it, we gotta consider the rest of our game too.

TBS and Arirang are in my opinion two of the best balanced blades that help you do it all with enough control and feel. (yes, TBS has feel, it isn't dead)

I have made a few mods to normally flexy inexpensive 896 to harden it up for battle in these areas too.

Try out as many bats as you can and I hope you discover your sweet spot soon.